LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
his does not impress me

use a 2nd rder on a guy who

At the college level, he only has one year of cornerback experience and hadn’t played that position before the spring of 2014.

But, he seems to be a natural fit at corner. He’s quick, lanky and has a solid build. Rollins isn’t afraid of contact and is strong enough to deal with physical wide receivers that try to disrupt him. When you add in his great closing speed and excellent leaping ability, you’ve got a prospect that is worth taking a bit of a gamble on.

HATE IT

Shades of AOA. I'll pass.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Just to give you a taste of what I have to offer after reviewing the all-22, here's a little something.......and there's more where that came from.

Strengths
Plus athlete with good speed. Love his toughness and effort. Inspired effort as a tackler, racking up 177 tackles during two-year stint at Arizona State. Looks to punish. Explodes into targets and jolts his victims. Takes very good angles in space in run support. Instinctive blitzer who times snap and has a nose for the quarterback. Senses throws underneath and breaks on them early. Highly competitive on 50/50 throws and won't give an inch to receiver. Took two interceptions for scores. Good hands

Not bad, but you need to add in the fact you watched the all-22. Only the cool super geek film watchers do that. And oh yeah, mention a spreadsheet. Chicks dig spreadsheets.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
A lot of interest in LBers too.

At this point I'd be shocked if we didn't come away with a DB and LB in the first 4 rounds.

And that is fine, I just want value with whatever CB is inevitably coming in the first couple of days of the draft.

There isn't one that is likely to be CB available at 27 that is worth that pick. Once you get past Waynes and Peters (who I think is off our list anyways), you get a bunch of guys that are relatively the same value-wise. The incredible hype that Rowe is getting just in the last two weeks is insane. He's a 2-3 rd. guy, but some are pushing him into the late first. I have never got the Johnson love at all. He's JAFC, just another fucking cornerback.

The LBs we have looked at interest me a lot more and also get more attractive if we trade down. Only issue is they might lose one as I am dead certain Green Bay takes one of the top guys if we trade out or pass.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And that is fine, I just want value with whatever CB is inevitably coming in the first couple of days of the draft.

There isn't one that is likely to be CB available at 27 that is worth that pick. Once you get past Waynes and Peters (who I think is off our list anyways), you get a bunch of guys that are relatively the same value-wise. The incredible hype that Rowe is getting just in the last two weeks is insane. He's a 2-3 rd. guy, but some are pushing him into the late first. I have never got the Johnson love at all. He's JAFC, just another fucking cornerback.

I like Johnson a lot for us. Doesn't seem 27 would be too early for him based on all these "expert" mock drafts, a lot of them have him going in the 1st.

Jalen Collins from LSU expected to go in first as well. Some have him going in teens.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, if the DL run happens and Gurley is gone, I would not be upset with Kevin Johnson at 27. Damarious is getting a lot of hype lately to where someone who wants him may have to take him low 1st or high 2nd. I'm not sure he'll make it past the Giants at pick 40. Supposedly, the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys have expressed the most interest in him.

Reaction score
@KeithDeuces: LSU DE Danielle Hunter has an official visit scheduled with Dallas. God gave him a full toolbox. A club needs to teach him to be a mechanic.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Obviously addition of Hardy isn't precluding them from looking at additional pass rushers.

Not sure what I think of Hunter, but glad the position itself is still being looked at.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
@RobRang: 9 clubs scheduled workouts or visits w/ UW OLB/S Shaq Thompson
#Chargers #Falcons #Browns #Cowboys #Texans #Colts #Vikings #Eagles #Panthers

Reaction score
@RapSheet: Miss St LB Benardrick McKinney was to visit #Cowboys yesterday but was sick

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
@dpbrugler: WR Devin Smith scheduled to meet with the #Cowboys today at Valley Ranch. Interest fit in Dallas

Reaction score
Oh. Thought he was alluding to some skill set this kid has. Thanks

Yeah.... no WR taken that early please. Definitely a luxury pick.

Top Bottom