Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OL looks suddenly average. Escobar never plays. Claiborne draft was bad. Lawrence hasn't done anything. I don't have all our recent drafts in front of me to breakdown, but I wouldn't crown our scouting department just yet.

I need to go to work but I'll reply to some great points you made earlier when I get a chance. You hit the nail on the head. People kept pointing to how much better our drafts have been under Garrett and especially when McClay was promoted. It's one of those pluses that people point to when they defend Garrett; the idea that Jerry listens to a strong HC. Quite frankly, our drafts have not been good and that myth has been debunked. Claiborne, Lawrence, Escobar, Chaz Green, TWill......that's 5 starting caliber draft picks based on where they were drafted. As it stands now, we get very little to absolutely nothing from them. Sure we have injuries. But when the guys you draft in the first 3 rounds are not quality starters, you've got huge issues.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I need to go to work but I'll reply to some great points you made earlier when I get a chance. You hit the nail on the head. People kept pointing to how much better our drafts have been under Garrett and especially when McClay was promoted. It's one of those pluses that people point to when they defend Garrett; the idea that Jerry listens to a strong HC. Quite frankly, our drafts have not been good and that myth has been debunked. Claiborne, Lawrence, Escobar, Chaz Green, TWill......that's 5 starting caliber draft picks based on where they were drafted. As it stands now, we get very little to absolutely nothing from them. Sure we have injuries. But when the guys you draft in the first 3 rounds are not quality starters, you've got huge issues.

Escobar is a quality starter, just that the coaching is inep in how to use him, Jury still out on Green.

Reaction score
Eh. I've seen way too many guys who "shined" in limited roles, only to be average at best when given larger roles.

I don't know what Escobar is, so I'm not really dismissing your thought. You might be right. Don't know if we'll ever find out as long as he's in Dallas.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think he's just not that good. If he were that good, why wouldn't we run the 12 like they told us they planned to? It's definitely not that Devin Street or Brice Butler are too good to take off the field.

Reaction score
I've watched this play a thousand times.

I can not believe how bad Church played that.

I can not believe our coaches didn't have the sense to call a TO.

I can't not believe how we lost this game.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Escobar is a quality starter, just that the coaching is inep in how to use him, Jury still out on Green.

Just had my first break from work on a busy day and I come on here to find Laz has started drinking early. I like that....much respect.

When I've seen escobar and one of his 10 or so catches in 2 years, I kind of wonder why they don't use him more. He seems to have the build and speed to be a decent receiving TE but he's either not that good or this staff just doesn't know how to use him. Either way it's a loss for the team.

Top Bottom