Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That the coaching staff couldn't wait to get Brice Butler on the field says a lot about where Street is at physically or mentally, or both.

Reaction score
All I know is that Derek Dooley "loved" Street and "raved" about him.

Which tells me Dooley is a fucking 'tard.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Speaking of Church and company. They accounted for 8 of our d's 13 missed tackles last night. Surrendered 236 of Bree's 359 passing yards after the catch.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Speaking of Church and company. They accounted for 8 of our d's 13 missed tackles last night. Surrendered 236 of Bree's 359 passing yards after the catch.
Seattle has the Legion of Boom, we have the Legion of Boobs.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Russell Wilson is fun to watch.

update: then he proceeds to fumble twice.

wish we could have grabbed Rawls, wasn't he a free agent we almost signed? He looks so much bigger than Randle or Michael, looks like he might be a player

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Thank you, Calvin Johnson. Piece of shit mfer. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
My Fan Duel account.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The thing is, they are trying to have Weeden fit into an offense that it is tailor made for Romo.

Broaddus said today that Dallas needs to spread it out so that Weeden can make quicker reads.

Fact is, that Weeden doesn't belong on any NFL roster, anymore than Garrett belongs as an NFL HC.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
More realistically, I want us to sign free agent Tashaun Gibson. I seriously doubt the Browns franchise him (about $9.2M) and he apparently wants out of Cleveland. He's only 25, and has 13 interceptions and 21 passes in 33 career starts. Then move Wilcox to strong safety.

And what of Byron Jones? I hate that they used a 1st rounder on him, and don't fucking know what or how to use him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep. It would have to be an absolute and total disaster before Jerry would fire him. Like Al Davis end of days bad.

Jerry has never, ever valued the position of head coach. That goes back to the "500 coaches" Jimmy fiasco all the way to today. Jerry believes the players make the team, not the coach.

Garrett was always Jerry's plan because he's a trusted family friend who can present a good face to the public -- and because Jerry knows he won't push back when Jerry does his Jerrying. Period.

Jerry doesn't like to admit when he's fucked up, no matter how blatantly obvious it is to others and even to himself. If he was in charge of the Titanic, he wouldn't acknowledge that the boat was sinking, even while the water is over his head -- he'll claim that it's going into sub-marine mode, which was part of the plan in case it were to sink.

Reaction score
I do commend Weeden for knowing he sucks. It's not like he wants to be playing.

The bigger issue is definitely coaching. As you guys said, they should have designed a gameplan around what they had, rather than looking for someone to run the Romo offense.

Pittsburgh is a good recent example of this. That staff gutted the playbook for Vick. In 6 miserable years, Garrett has yet to outcoach anyone maybe except for when he sabotaged Wade.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If he was in charge of the Titanic, he wouldn't acknowledge that the boat was sinking, even while the water is over his head -- he'll claim that it's going into sub-marine mode, which was part of the plan in case it were to sink.
LOL creative!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And what of Byron Jones? I hate that they used a 1st rounder on him, and don't fucking know what or how to use him.

CB is going to be a concern next year. Claiborne and White are free agents, Carr's contract almost guarantees he'll be a cap casualty, and Scandrick is coming off injury. Plus, Cowboys fan superhero Tyler Patmon is overrated. Jones may be the starting CB by default.

Reaction score
Need a Sean Lee level DB back there who can diagnose, organize and lead by example in making plays.

CB and QB definitely next year. Speed or at least competence at #2WR is becoming a glaring weakness as well.

Whoever started the Judd Garrett ineptitude discussion a few weeks ago may be onto something. Streets is lost and Williams is on
Y good for one good catch a game average. You wonder if Streets and Williams were undrafted free agents at the time when Beasley was auditioning, if they would have made the team?
My guess is the director of scouting somehow pushed these two meat loaves in Jason's head as the right kind of player. How could Streets be under developed and slow but slated as NFL ready to start games. Or that Williams who body catches and does not catch above his chin is being expected to high point?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Or that Williams who body catches and does not catch above his chin is being expected to high point?
He's getting out of that body catching habit and has made quite a few great catches including the TD last week.

Can't really win a "jump ball" when the DB is holding onto your arm, which Breaux did at least three times Sunday night and didn't get flagged.

Williams is a developing product, it's only his second year. He has a ton of upside.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For a team that spent the last 4 years rebuilding, we sure do have a lot holes to fill accross the board.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
For a team that spent the last 4 years rebuilding, we sure do have a lot holes to fill accross the board.
Last season was the last, best chance for this collection of dullards. If any team needs to have a "fire sale" it's us.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For a team that spent the last 4 years rebuilding, we sure do have a lot holes to fill across the board.

We (the team and a lot of the moron fans) get this false sense that every UDFA we sign is the next Tony Romo or Miles Austin. Barry Church, Jeff Heath, and Tyler Patmon are major contributors in our secondary and they all suck out loud.

Top Bottom