cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I really want to see what this K Moore kid is like

Moore is our back up and if they think he might be our future we need to find out now before the draft since we will have a top ten draft pick next year. Maybe even a top five pick

Moore sucks. Badly.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Moore sucks. Badly.

Considering he's never taken a snap in a regular season NFL game how do you know he sucks?

Or are you basing it off of his college career where he holds the all time record for wins in NCAA Division 1 with a 50-3 (.943) record

I'm not saying this kid is the answer. Not by any stretch. But I want to know that he is not the answer now before we screw up another draft in hopes that he might be a serviceable QB in the NFL

What I don't want to happen is have another Brandon Weeden sitting as back up. Where the kid finally gets his chance when we need him the most only to find out he's a bust like we did with Weeden

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Considering he's never taken a snap in a regular season NFL game how do you know he sucks?

Or are you basing it off of his college career where he holds the all time record for wins in NCAA Division 1 with a 50-3 (.943) record

I'm not saying this kid is the answer. Not by any stretch. But I want to know that he is not the answer now before we screw up another draft in hopes that he might be a serviceable QB in the NFL

Matt Leinart only lost 2 games as a starter at USC, won 2 National Championships, and a Heisman. Those things are nice but have very little to do whether or not you can make NFL-caliber throws. Moore's arm strength makes Matt Cassel look like Brett Favre. People like the idea of Kellen Moore just like they liked the idea of Garrett being this disciplined, cerebral head coach.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's exactly my point

The coaches like him, like his stats in college, and see something in him or at least enough to keep him around

He is now our back up QB and NOBODY knows if this kid can play at the NFL level

We need to find that out now while there is nothing at stake instead of down the road when we are counting on him to back up who ever our starter may be

Or to become the starter

But until we get him into a real game we all have no idea how he will play

Look at the Broncos QB. He sat behind Manning and now that he's had a chance to play he's proving that he can play well and win games. Even against the SB champs

We don't and won't know what we have in Moore until he plays his first game

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Look at the Broncos QB. He sat behind Manning and now that he's had a chance to play he's proving that he can play well and win games. Even against the SB champs

Osweiler was a 2nd round pick that has sat behind one of the best QBs in the game the past few years.

Kellen Moore couldn't beat out Orlovsky or even maintain a roster spot in Detroit before coming here, he's been a free agent multiple times, been on our practice squad recently... at any point a team could've added him to their roster if he was so special. 31 other teams didn't see shit in him. If it wasn't for Linehan he probably wouldn't even be on a roster right now.

Moore is not the answer.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yet he's on OUR team right NOW and ONE play away from being our starting QB

How do you know he couldn't beat Orlovsky? You don't

Every assumption (good or bad) about Moore is just that since he's never taken a single snap in the NFL

All I'm saying is play him and see if he is worth wasting a roster spot on

What's the worst that could happen? He looses another game for us? So what, we can't win without Romo (or with him apparently)

We need to see if this kid is worth investing time, money, energy, and a roster spot on

Do you really want to wait until our season or playoff hopes are on the line down the road to find out if he can play and win games for us?

Or would you rather find out now when we have nothing to loose. I personally want to find out this season if he's another Ryan Leaf or Brandon Weeden or if he is someone worth using a roster spot on and trying to develop

For each of you that say he's a crappy back up or QB in general you have no idea what you are talking about. None of us do as he has never taken a single snap in regular season game in the NFL

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he's the answer. I'm just saying lets see what we have with him. If he's not worth keeping around then let's find out sooner rather than later. The FO thought Weeden was the right back up to Romo. Look what happened when he finally got the starting job!

I don't want to find out next season that he can't play in the NFL when Romo goes down again with a broken whatever

Last edited:

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
How do you know he couldn't beat Orlovsky?

Because he didn't. Orlovsky got the roster spot. Moore was sent packing... twice.

Do you really want to wait until our season or playoff hopes are on the line down the road to find out if he can play and win games for us?

No... because he won't even be good enough to make the team. There will be FAs or even rookies that will be upgrades over Moore.

For each of you that say he's a crappy back up or QB in general you have no idea what you are talking about. None of us do as he has never taken a single snap in regular season game in the NFL

We may not but I trust 31 NFL teams do. If he was so special he would've never been made available as many times as he has.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
31 teams passed on him
We didn't

He's apparently good enough to make our team. And that's the problem. The only reason I want to see what he's worth is because he is currently on our team, he currently is our back up QB, and he is one QB sack away from being our starter

If he's not good enough for any NFL team why the fuck is he on ours? Why did we release him and bring him back? Because we had no better options! If he's not good enough to play in the NFL them let him prove it now. The last thing I want is to have him impress the coaches just enough in the next training camp and pre season to stick around as a second or third string QB

as we found out this season he may be then be called upon to win games for us.

If he's not worth having on the roster then fuck it, let's release him. McFadden can play back up. He played QB in high school right? That's good enough.

Bullshit

He's here now
He is our back up now
He may be our starter soon either from an injury to the aging Cassel or if he gets benched

I'm tired of waiting a roster spot on a QB that's not worth two shits

I don't care if he's good or bad. I just want to know either way so we can move forward accordingly and not have to "hope" he can play and win games for us like we did with both Weeden and are currently doing with Cassel this season

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Or front office have proven without a shadow of a doubt this season that they are a poor judge of talent. Glaringly so!

So instead of guessing if he can play or not, I say just throw his ass to the wolves. Sink or swim!

We either find out he can't play which is good and we move on from him. Or.... The kid can play and Jerry gets lucky and pulls another rabbit out of his ass like he did with Romo

Either way it's a win/win for the organization

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
31 teams passed on him
We didn't

When we first signed him it was to our PS. Romo gets hurt he moves to the active roster. We trade for Cassel. Moore eventually gets released. Goes unclaimed and back to PS. Romo comes back. Weeden gets released. Weeden signs with Texans. Romo gets re-injured. Cowboys season is done. Moore gets brought back to 53 man roster.

We made him available several times. Whether by straight up releasing him or simply keeping him on the PS. Our FO might be idiots but they're not stupid enough to let a guy they think has potential to eventually be the starting QB hit or stay on the streets for anyone to sign.

Can't believe I'm even having this fuckin conversation.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yet he's our current back up and one play away from the starting QB position

And no one knows if the kid can actually play at the NFL level

All I'm saying is play him and answer that question once and for all

Is he worth wasting a roster spot on? Because we currently are doing exactly that

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If our FO can't see what every other team sees, then the only way for our idiots in the FO to find out is to play the kid

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ding ding ding
Dude i don't think you understand.

31 other teams know the answer is NO.

Dallas doesn't fucking know because it is fucking stoopit. That is why Moore is here at all.

See through the mud yet?

By your logic we should just bring Dustin Vaughan back - who has tons more upside than Moore ever had - and let him play out a few games.

No.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
See my previous answer above

I don't want to play the kid because he's the next franchise QB

I want to play him so the front office can have zero delusions about this kid and waste time and a roster spot on him like we did with Weeden. I don't care one way or the other how it turns out

I just don't want to waste more time on the next Weeden. Weeden took up a roster sport for what is it now? Two years?

Only to find out he can't win a game

I don't want that happening again with Moore or any back up QB for that matter. Wasted time, money, energy, and a roster spot on someone that's not worth two shits

The front office still thought Weeden was the best back up to Romo and Jerry thought he threw the purdyest ball he'd ever seen

Then he's finally pressed into action only to find out he can't win a game. So we finally release him

That's what I don't want to have happen again

The front office clearly can't judge talent. Or lack there of. So let the talent speak for itself and prove that he either does or does not belong on as the back up

We are where we are right now because we have shifty coaching, bad talent evaluation which means lack of depth at all positions and because we dont have a back up QB in place for when Romo gets hurt each season

We cant fix the coaching, we can't fix the scouting, but putting this kid in would make it clear to the front office that Moore should not be on the team just like it did with Weeden when he finally got under center

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I want to play him so the front office can have zero delusions about this kid and waste time and a roster spot on him like we did with Weeden. I don't care one way or the other how it turns out
I got no beef there either, but let's say he catches fire a couple of times a la Clint Longley, and this idiotic ownership and management decides they actually have something. See the picture yet? They fall in love with a fucking loser and it takes two seasons to figure out he's a loser.

31 other teams already fucking know.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it took us two seasons with Weeden so that seems about par for the course

And the only reason we found out About Weeden is because Romo went down and we had no other choice

Or I should say they thought he was the right choice which is the problem in the first place

That's why I say try Moore now while our season is already a bust instead of waiting till next season when Romo goes down again only to find out he's another failed scouting report

We have zero to loose this season where as we "might" have everything to lose next season just like what happened this year

If we knew ahead of time that Weeden wasn't the right back up we could have made the move to someone else

All I'm saying is I don't want what happened last year to happen next year with Moore or any other back up for that matter when Romo goes down again

Top Bottom