Reaction score
We opened as a -1.5 favorite vs. Carolina LOL

Talk about the Romo push. Even Vegas is buying in.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well at least the oddsmakers have faith in our team because we certainly don't. lol

I just don't get it. Romo comes back and looked ok, not great, but just ok. So they proceed to have us as a favorite over the undefeated 10-0 Panthers?

The rest of the world was watching the same last seven games we all were right?

We still have the same players on D and we still have the same idiot coach!

I know Romo is back but come on already. Nothing has changed on defense. If it turns out to be a shootout we will struggle. Especially on a short week

Last edited:
Reaction score
That line is screaming for Joe Fan to bet big on Carolina.

It'll be interesting to see how/if it moves this week.

Reaction score
It's certainly a big insult to Carolina. I mean, they don't have receivers but their defense is pretty legit and there's something huge to be said about their current record.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We opened as a -1.5 favorite vs. Carolina LOL

Talk about the Romo push. Even Vegas is buying in.

Vegas is just trying to balance the line, it means the homers are "buying it" and putting so much money on Dallas, Vegas is enticing folks to bet on Carolina to even out the wagers, this is why an astute bettor can make money betting against the Cowboys

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dooms, you crack me up man, they were both very long catches and one was for a TD:

Jones was in coverage when Jarvis Landry hauled in a 47-yard reception late in the second quarter. Jones was also defending Kenny Stills on the receiver's 29-yard third-quarter touchdown.

Im no expert but I thought MO was doing pretty good this year but maybe thats only relative because he's looked so bad in the past
LOL okay, rookie mistakes on two deep pass plays then. I stand corrected.

Mo just plain sucks. Teams throw at him constantly because they know he can't cover, and can't tackle. Jones has a learning curve but at least he has the intelligence to learn from his mistakes - something Claiborne never did or ever does.

We don't miss him, we don't need him and we should let him leave in FA.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
did anyone see the pick six they took away from Washington yesterday? I hate the Skins, but that was ridiculous.

Reaction score
Does this playbook not have a run to the right?

No. That's one if the biggest issues for this team. Just like the pass plays, the running plays are few and are not customized to the strengths of the player. McFadden was given calls that Murray would muscle through but not given those sweeps and pitches that allows his acceleration in space. Slow WRs are expected to run fly patterns, TEs running bubble screens, etc. The area that is mist affected is the red zone. The plays generally have no misdirection or pause from hinting at running plays, they generally repeat formations and patterns and the space is limited so teams can cover smaller areas while they tee off on Romo. It's one of the big reasons the pre-Callahan offenses had lots of yards and little scores. Garrett wants a one size fits all system that everyone runs the same, but does not vary according to skill or size or strength.

It's the playbook, or rather the lack of one, that is really inhibiting the team right now.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Morris Claiborne sucks again?

He's been by far the best cover guy we've had this year, not saying much, but take away his game against Tampa and he's been great imo.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
did anyone see the pick six they took away from Washington yesterday? I hate the Skins, but that was ridiculous.

Well that's how it goes when you insist on keeping that racist name. So Jason Hatcher says.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Well that's how it goes when you insist on keeping that racist name. So Jason Hatcher says.

I hate the Skins but I sincerely hope they never bow down to all that politically correct bullshit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably the first time in nfl history a 3-7 team is favored over a 10-0 team.

Could be.

Very surprising but it somewhat shows what Vegas thinks of the Cowboys with Romo.

If Romo weren't playing Carolina would probably be a 3+ pt favorite. Maybe 5 or 6.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Mo just plain sucks. Teams throw at him constantly because they know he can't cover, and can't tackle. Jones has a learning curve but at least he has the intelligence to learn from his mistakes - something Claiborne never did or ever does.

We don't miss him, we don't need him and we should let him leave in FA.

Mo was playing decently early in the season. In fact, he was playing the best among all CBs. No surprise he reverts.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Morris Claiborne sucks again?

He's been by far the best cover guy we've had this year, not saying much, but take away his game against Tampa and he's been great imo.

Agreed. As of right now I have no problem with them bringing him back on a one year deal. As long as we let Carr/Church/Wilcox walk and upgrade strong safety. Which shouldn't be hard.

Top Bottom