Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I suspect he will have a big game

He might not get a sack but he should be disruptive and get a fair amount of pressures

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just like that we are 2 games out of 1st with 6 to play. The Giants don't have the easiest schedule in the world. Still have Minnesota and Carolina on their schedule. Road games at Washington and Miami and at home against the Jets and Philly in week 17. If they go 3-3, then even 5-1 can win it.

gonna be tough, the giants probably got confidence from almost beating the pats≤*they're coming off the bye vs the skins and it looks the skins are folding and they got 3-fingers back and lastly eli never misses a damn game, Id like to see him pull up lame over the bye and have to miss their last 6 games to even up things for not having Romo

y5EEGk0.jpg

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
they have us playing @ Wash on MNF after Thanksgiving (we didn't need an extra day off), which means a short week to prepare for GB on the road.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I called the post game radio show with my observations that our D plays much better without Mo Claiborne. They cut that off, then after several player interviews went with Spagnola, who was making a BIG point about how the D "really misses Claiborne." No, it doesn't. Played better last year once he was gone, and has played better last two games without him.

The Rook filled in nicely, couldn't even tell Mo wasn't out there

Last edited:

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
The Rook filled in nicely, couldn't even tell Mo wasn't out there

Yes he did. Our roster has improved there is no doubt about that. Jones was a great pick and we had a great off season. Does that credit go to Jones, Garrett, or Will McClay?? I do not know. IF it is Garrett and I have my doubts, he should immediately be moved up in the organization where he is only making personnel decisions and not sideline decisions where has has proved he is in over his head.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yes he did. Our roster has improved there is no doubt about that. Jones was a great pick and we had a great off season. Does that credit go to Jones, Garrett, or Will McClay?? I do not know. IF it is Garrett and I have my doubts, he should immediately be moved up in the organization where he is only making personnel decisions and not sideline decisions where has has proved he is in over his head.

I like the kid but I was being sarcastic, he got burned for two deep balls so I think they did miss Mo

as far as who picked him, who knows, jerri creates such a convoluted atmosphere that its hard to tell who does what but always leaves room for jerri to take credit or spread blame

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I like the kid but I was being sarcastic, he got burned for two deep balls so I think they did miss Mo
He made two rookie mistakes, neither of which were on deep passes. Claiborne gets picked on all game, every game he is in and teams make their living off him. Every offensive coordinator in the league knows to pick on Mo, because he is a dumb player and he sucks.

It's no coincidence that every time he is hurt and misses time, the defense gets better.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score

as far as who picked him, who knows, jerri creates such a convoluted atmosphere that its hard to tell who does what but always leaves room for jerri to take credit or spread blame

Can't argue with that!!!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He made two rookie mistakes, neither of which were on deep passes.

LOL, Dooms, you crack me up man, they were both very long catches and one was for a TD:

Im no expert but I thought MO was doing pretty good this year but maybe thats only relative because he's looked so bad in the past

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Doesn't that seem like a negative. Blocking the view of Romo and all.

The play was going to the left of the block so it didn't block his view. Dez blew his route and caused the INT.

Still an impressive block/blitz pick up if you ask me! If only Dunbar could have done that in game #2 and saved Tony from getting his collar bone broken

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Im no expert but I thought MO was doing pretty good this year but maybe thats only relative because he's looked so bad in the past
He was definitely doing better but as bad as he was there was no way to go but up

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If only Dunbar could have done that in game #2 and saved Tony from getting his collar bone broken

What the fuck are you talking about? The Cowboys ran a 5-wide empty set backfield, when Romo got hurt. There was nobody back there to do blitz pickup. It was a stupid play, because they shouldn't have ran it without Dez in the lineup. All 5 receivers were singled-covered, leaving the two LBs to go in for the blitz. If they would have ran it with Dez, he would have commanded double teams and that would have left just one blitzer to which Romo could easily escape.

Credit Garrett with such genius.

That's not the first time Romo got hurt on empty-set play. It's a wasteful play, because the simplicity of the routes allows for easier defending by the secondary, and worse it leaves Romo vulnerable as we witnessed.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Stephen McGee, Brad Johnson, Brandon Weedon. Nuff said.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Stephen McGee, Brad Johnson, Brandon Weedon. Nuff said.

No argument here. I just want to see a change on the sideline even if it means promoting Garrett. Promoting Garrett is the only way King Jerry would save face.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Honestly guys, I wasn't impressed with the game today. The Dolphins looked like a horrible team with about half their nondescript players not really wanting to play all that hard. I wonder if that's why Coach Dan, who was such a high-motor player himself, had that sort of blank pissed off look all day and didn't change expression much. Their pass rush had some good moments but that offense is awful.

We better play way better than that if we want to beat Carolina.

Also, this Bengals-Cards game is a good one. These are two good teams playing hard. I wouldn't mind the Cards winning it all -- I like Arians and Palmer, plus I kind of feel bad for them after losing that SB to Pitt in such a heartbreaker.

And like Mid said, I'm sick of the same old teams. Almost feels like the big names have started to get more calls going their way the last several years, too, sort of NBA-style. Hate that.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We probably need to pump the breaks on this improved roster and drafting talk. Byron Jones went about where he should have gone. We could have also landed Damarious Randall (went 3 picks later) or Ronald Darby (23 picks later), who are two of the top performing CB's in the league this year. Don't get me wrong, I like Jones, but we took him about where he was expected to go. Gregory was only available because of failed drug tests and him telling teams he needs help. Easy to make that pick in the late 2nd when the GM is not accountable to anyone. La'el Collins was a great pick-up, but we would have had no shot at him if it wasn't for the murder of his ex-girlfriend. Chaz Green still feels like a reach and Damien Wilson hasn't shown anything.

We still have a really poor bottom end of the roster which shows on Special Teams and when there are injuries.

Romo was pure luck.

Dez slipped because of character concerns.

Rolando and Hardy were only available because they screwed up in their personal lives.

This doesn't mean we are without talent. There are some good players on the roster. If you compare our overall depth to Green Bay, Arizona, Cincinnati, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Seattle, New England, etc., we come up short.

Top Bottom