LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fuck anyone who blames Romo for this. 500+ yards, 5 TDs and 48 points should be enough to beat anyone. Even the best QB ever.

AMEN! Just knee-jerk bullshit. I'm not even upset about the overall defense giving up so much because it's Manning, there are some players that are exceptions.

I would like to see Romo under better coaching. Except for 10 games in his career, he's been under Garrett and Wade Wilson. And Romo has carried them both.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Pretty much. The interception sucks but he was tripped as he threw it and he damn sure was horse collared the play before. The (lack of) defense cost us this game and coaching didn't help. Still, Romo has got to stop making these f'ing critical mistakes.

That was some bullshit. Normally I would say unbelievable, but it's the Cowboys. And I wanted to put my foot through the tube after hearing Simms dumb explanation: Since Romo was out of the pocket, that's why it wasn't a horsecollar. WTF!

Roy Williams was making those horsecollars in the pocket and on QBs.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
I dont blame Romo for the loss. I blame the defense.

Its just frustrating to see Romo make another gaffe in a critical situation

Reaction score
Normally I'd agree with you. WIthout question.

But it's just another instance of Romo getting the ball late in the fourth with a chance to win and he fucks it up.

It's beyond a trend at this point.
He's won plenty of games by single-handedly willing this team to victory. This was one of those games where he did that the whole game and had the chance to win it himself, and he didn't come through. It happens.

It's a lot easier to remember the losses than it is to remember the wins.

Reaction score
Why does out pas pro suck so much of a dick when it's so or die its like clockwork.

They need to learn that and pick up an easy few yard there

Also time to just release miles Austin Beasley is better

Reaction score
Romo's INT was killer but he couldn't step into the throw.
Yep... the OL played pretty damn good most of the game except for the last drive. He got pressure to his left and Leary (or whoever it was) wasn't clear enough to let him step up.

Reaction score
He's won plenty of games by single-handedly willing this team to victory. This was one of those games where he did that the whole game and had the chance to win it himself, and he didn't come through. It happens.

It's a lot easier to remember the losses than it is to remember the wins.

He had like 8 comebacks last year

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That was some bullshit. Normally I would say unbelievable, but it's the Cowboys. And I wanted to put my foot through the tube after hearing Simms dumb explanation: Since Romo was out of the pocket, that's why it wasn't a horsecollar. WTF!

Roy Williams was making those horsecollars in the pocket and on QBs.

I think he has the rule backwards.

I don't think horsecollars apply inside the pocket for QBs or RBs because you'd basically take out the ability for the DL to do anything to the QB other than get a free run.

Reaction score
I dont blame Romo for the loss. I blame the defense.

Its just frustrating to see Romo make another gaffe in a critical situation
I agree... But I also want to add...

Manning threw a much worse INT earlier in the game. It let us get back in it. But since it didn't occur on his offense's last play, he avoids the criticism.

The situation matters, I understand that. But I'm not going to disregard a brilliant game played by our QB because he stepped on someone's foot and tried to force a throw in a tight window on 2nd and 16.

Reaction score
If room escapes on that first down he has dez for 30. Which sucks .

I really can't even believe that chain of events this shit is comical

Reaction score
Pretty much. The interception sucks but he was tripped as he threw it and he damn sure was horse collared the play before. The (lack of) defense cost us this game and coaching didn't help. Still, Romo has got to stop making these f'ing critical mistakes.
I agree with that too. I wish Romo could stop making the INTs in critical situations. I wish he were the perfect QB. As he is, he's still a damn good one, and I'll continue to give him a chance to make those plays.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think he has the rule backwards.

I don't think horsecollars apply inside the pocket for QBs or RBs because you'd basically take out the ability for the DL to do anything to the QB other than get a free run.

I don't think that's true at all. They outlawed the rule because of the potential harm as a result. The risk of harm isn't lessened because it's done to a QB and/or RB in the backfield or pocket.

And how many horsecollars have you seen done on QBs and RBs in the back field? So what you are saying is not true in that it takes away from the DL to do anything to the QB.

Reaction score
Agreed, but he made that one mistake where it wasn't needed. That separates the championship QB's from the rest. He's got to win games like this to win us a SB.
Manning did the same thing in the Super Bowl against the Saints. But he's still a championship QB. There are no bright line tests.

All you can hope for is that your QB is an elite one and can put it together for a few games in a row enough to get you over the top. It just hasn't happened for Romo.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If room escapes on that first down he has dez for 30. Which sucks .

I really can't even believe that chain of events this shit is comical

That no-call horsecollar did more harm I think than Romo's TD. It wasn't a case where the refs missed it, that shit was purposely not called.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
God damn. What a game from the offense.

Romo played a better than Manning. No doubt about it.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't think that's true at all. They outlawed the rule because of the potential harm as a result. The risk of harm isn't lessened because it's done to a QB and/or RB in the backfield or pocket.

And how many horsecollars have you seen done on QBs and RBs in the back field? So what you are saying is not true in that it takes away from the DL to do anything to the QB.

That's the rule.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Rapid Reaction: Dallas Cowboys
October, 6, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPN.com

ARLINGTON, Texas -- A few thoughts on the Dallas Cowboys' 51-48 loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday at AT&T Stadium.

What it means for the Cowboys: For the third straight year the Cowboys are 2-3 and they have never recovered from that poor of a start to the season to make the playoffs since Jerry Jones took over as owner and general manager in 1989.

The difference maker was a Tony Romo interception with 1:57 to play at the Dallas 24, ruining what had been one of the best games of his career. He finished with a franchise-record 506 passing yards, but it was the mistake when it mattered most that doomed his game and the Cowboys’ chance to knock off the undefeated Broncos.

Peyton Manning was able to bleed the clock after converting two first downs to set up Matt Prater's 28- yard field goal to win the game at the end.

Stock watch: Falling -- Monte Kiffin. He was brought in to change the defense and so far it just has not happened. The Cowboys are forcing more turnovers and came up with the first interception of Manning on the season, but the 51 points allowed is the most points they have ever allowed in a home game in team history. The Cowboys allowed 500 yards for the second straight game with Denver picking up 517 after San Diego put up 506 last week.

Airing it out: Terrance Williams, Dez Bryant and Jason Witten all had touchdowns and all had more than 100 yards receiving in Romo's 506-yard day.

A week after his fumble at the goal line cost the Cowboys at least a field goal if not a touchdown, Williams responded with an 82-yard touchdown and 151 yards. Bryant scored a touchdown for the fourth straight game and had 141 yards but he also had a crucial fumble in the first half. Witten caught seven passes for 121 yards and had a fourth-quarter touchdown that gave the Cowboys a brief lead.

Alas, it was not enough for the Cowboys or Romo, whose mistake cost the Cowboys a chance at victory.

Claiborne rebounds, sort of: Morris Claiborne has been maligned for his play this season, but the second-year cornerback was responsible for two takeaways that led to 14 Cowboy’ points.

Claiborne recovered a fumble on the first drive of the game for the Broncos that ended in a DeMarco Murray touchdown and his interception of Manning in the third quarter led to a Jason Witten touchdown that gave the Cowboys a 41-38 lead.

It wasn’t perfect. He was beaten by Eric Decker for a 57-yard catch and a touchdown, but it was at least a sign of fight from Claiborne.

What’s next: The Cowboys play their second NFC East game of the year with the Washington Redskins visiting AT&T Stadium. Robert Griffin III completed 20 of 28 passes for 311 yards and four touchdowns in the Redskins’ 38-31 victory in Arlington on Thanksgiving last year. The Cowboys opened this season with a 36-31 win against the New York Giants.

Top Bottom