dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fuck. Being a Georgia fan is just as depressing as being a Dallas fan. The teams are exactly the same.

Mark Richt and Jason Garrett are totally the same coach too.

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I hate rooting for OSU but way to take out the BAYLOR BEARS from any talk of NC

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone knows about Pterson, but Franklin is an excellent football coach that a lot of people don't know about or think of. Somebody did their homework there at USC.

Sources: USC nearing end of search

Updated: December 1, 2013, 11:40 PM ET

By Joe Schad | ESPN.com

Vanderbilt coach James Franklin and Boise State coach Chris Petersen are top candidates for the USC opening and the search may be completed by the middle of this week, according to sources.

USC has made it known to interim coach Ed Orgeron that they value his contribution to the program and would like him to stay with the program in some capacity.

Franklin led Vanderbilt to an 8-4 season after a 9-4 record last year, going 9-7 in SEC play over the two seasons.

Franklin, 41, is known as a charismatic leader and excellent recruiter. He is a Pennsylvania native but has worked with many teams, including Washington State, Maryland, Kansas State and the Green Bay Packers.

Petersen, 49, has led Boise State to a 92-12 record and five conference titles in eight years. He is a native Californian with experience recruiting the Los Angeles area.

Petersen, like Franklin, has been able to successfully develop players who weren't the highest-rated recruits.

USC athletic director Pat Haden fired Lane Kiffin earlier this season.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Meh on both candidates.

I like that Petersen can open up the offense and Franklin deserves credit for winning at Vander fricken Belt but neither is the name that USC needs to outrecruit UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon.

Good coaches but not the "get" we needed.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Meh on both candidates.

I like that Petersen can open up the offense and Franklin deserves credit for winning at Vander fricken Belt but neither is the name that USC needs to outrecruit UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon.

Good coaches but not the "get" we needed.

Sakisian baby! BOOM!

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sakisian baby! BOOM!

I approve of this hire. When he and Kiffin were labeled the next great thing, I always felt Sarkisian was the better coach.

Little known fact, Al Davis actually wanted Sarkisian for the Raiders job. He only offered it to Kiffin when Sarkisian turned him down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I approve of this hire. When he and Kiffin were labeled the next great thing, I always felt Sarkisian was the better coach.

Little known fact, Al Davis actually wanted Sarkisian for the Raiders job. He only offered it to Kiffin when Sarkisian turned him down.

Probably a good hire, although why he didn't do more at Washington (and I know they were truly putrid when he got there) is a little puzzling to me though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm alone on this. But I think sark did a good job at Wash

I don't think he did a bad job, but I thought he'd have more success there than he did...I don't know enough about all the particulars there but I think he's a good coach and Washington is a place where Don James won for years...just surprised he was kinds middle of the pack

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Heard rumor on the radio that Jim Mora might be headed to Washington or to Texas

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So much for that ^^^ rumor:

Jim Mora agrees to UCLA extension

Updated: December 4, 2013, 12:09 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

UCLA coach Jim Mora isn't going anywhere.

The school announced Tuesday it has reached agreement with Mora on a six-year contract extension that goes through the 2019 season.

The school didn't announce terms of Mora's contract extension, which must be approved by the University of California Board of Regents. Mora got a five-year contract worth more than $11 million when he arrived at UCLA in December 2011, and he received a one-year extension worth $2.5 million last year.

By giving Jim Mora a contract extension, UCLA is showing it wants to be more than just a basketball school, Kevin Gemmell writes. Story

The Bruins are coming off their second straight victory over USC in the schools' rivalry game, and Mora had been linked to the opening at Washington.

Steve Sarkisian left the Huskies this week to become coach at USC.

Mora once famously said that if the UW job ever became open, "You'll find me at the friggin' head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job," but UCLA moved quickly to make sure that didn't become a reality.

"Under his guidance, UCLA football has garnered national recognition for its success on the field, in the classroom and in the community," athletic director Dan Guerrero said. "We are excited about the commitment Jim has made to our student-athletes and this university and feel this extension further demonstrates UCLA's commitment to building a championship-caliber football program."

The No. 18 Bruins (9-3, 6-3) finished second in the Pac-12 South this season after winning it in 2012.

With Sarkisian gone and Mora affirming his commitment to UCLA, Boise State's Chris Petersen has become a factor in Washington's search for a coach, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad. Petersen, according to sources, also had been a candidate for the USC job

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would want to coach at U-dub?

Why would he want to leave Boise State? Washington state is just another back-country road like Idaho is.

Top Bottom