cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Holy crap! Even Jason Garrett thinks Lane Kiffin is an unimaginative play caller.

USC has amazing skill players at WR, TE, and RB but we have a terrified QB and coach who can only call bubble screen right and bubble screen left.

The defense is the only highlight for USC. This is going to be a long season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
college football has become a video game...absolutely no defense played in this sport at all

spread other team out...run same 2 or 3 plays over and over...run up to LOS as fast as you can and run another one...

its just garbage football...once the NFL transforms into this I may quit watching altogether

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Agree, David... That's the one good thing about Bama. They play the most basic pro style ball and beat people's brains in with it. I keep waiting for more teams to copy them and go back to that.

On another note, Texas just gave up about 800 yards rushing to BYU. Haha.

Reaction score
college football has become a video game...absolutely no defense played in this sport at all

spread other team out...run same 2 or 3 plays over and over...run up to LOS as fast as you can and run another one...

its just garbage football...once the NFL transforms into this I may quit watching altogether

God I'm so ready for read/option to be the norm in NFL.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
At leat my Vols are able to keep it close against Oregon.

Relatively speaking, I mean.

Different coach, different year, same beat down vs. a ranked opponent.

This team needs to find a QB to have a respectable season. The status quo is very subpar.

Reaction score
Different coach, different year, same beat down vs. a ranked opponent.

This team needs to find a QB to have a respectable season. The status quo is very subpar.

Kiffen set the team back years. They'll suck the next two years or so, but come 2015/2016, when Butch has got his program in place and all these young guys who are accumulating playing time now are Seniors... we could be a dangerous team.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Kiffen set the team back years. They'll suck the next two years or so, but come 2015/2016, when Butch has got his program in place and all these young guys who are accumulating playing time now are Seniors... we could be a dangerous team.

Kiffen hire was more gas on the fire but the program was disintegrating under Fulmers watch the last couple of years.

AD Mike Hamilton was incompetent as it gets when trying to right the ship with back to back bad hires. Didn't have a problem with the Fulmer firing but his contingency plan was short sighted and poorly thought out.

Agree with the patience part. Fans around Knoxville expect instant magic anytime there is a change. Don't know how many times this week fans and friends kept talking TN up saying they had a shot at the Ducks. We are 2 -0!!!!! ---- Butch is God kinda stuff. Now reading some message boards fans are on the ledge again after one loss.

I preached 6-6 before the season started. Still way off talent wise in most areas. This team has to find a competent QB to run the show because Worley will not get this team a respectable win this year under his direction.

Only gloom I feel is that this team couldn't be more competitive. Seems to be the norm when the Vols play a top 10 team or even a top 25 team for that matter. Embarrassing to watch this year after year. It's been so long I can't recall a quality win this team has had the last 4-5 years.

Reaction score
Khalil Mack is a pretty good pro talent from a small school(Buffalo)

6'-4" 250lbs, gave the buckeyes all they could handle a couple weeks back, freakish athlete.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Anyone catch that farce of an ending in Wisconsin - Ariz. St.

Did the Wisconsin QB ever put his knee down? I had the last quarter on DVR because it was on so late. I hit rewind several times and it seemed he never planted his knee on the ground prior to releasing the ball.

Either way that was a complete circle jerk of epic proportions. I'm at a loss as to why this crucial play was not reviewed.

Reaction score
I think he put his knee down. It was very quick and a lineman was right next to him so it was hard to see. But I thought he clearly gave himself up and set the ball down so the refs could spot it.

Top Bottom