ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just a few years ago I had little interest in college FB other than couch scouting for draft picks. Now I almost have more fun watching NCAA than I do the NFL.

Thanks, Jerry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Texas- the job nobody wants

Jim Mora: Flattered, but no thanks

Updated: January 3, 2014, 1:12 PM ET

ESPN.com news services

The Texas Longhorns can scratch another candidate from their apparent short list.

Jim Mora says he is staying at UCLA after the coach was linked to the Texas coaching vacancy.

Jim Mora says he is staying at UCLA after the coach was linked as a possible replacement for Mack Brown.

"It is always flattering when someone is interested in you," Mora told the Los Angeles Times. "But I am committed to being the UCLA coach."

Baylor's Art Briles also said Friday he wouldn't be leaving despite reported links to the Texas opening.

The Longhorns had expressed strong interest in Mora, and the two sides had conversations, sources previously told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Mora, 18-8 at UCLA, has also coached in the NFL, most recently as head coach in Seattle and Atlanta.

New Texas athletic director Steve Patterson said last week he expects a successor to Brown will be found within two weeks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Charlie Strong is a good football coach, I think he's going to do extremely well there.

He will definitely have them back playing good defense real soon. The other upside is Florida fans are all crying and whining today. They've been wanting Strong for years, and now will never get him.

Strong's next stop will probably be the NFL.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Plus, Midswat and bbgun will have serious interest in his daughter.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So who do you guys think wins the game tonight? I honestly haven't watched FSU enough to know how good they really are. I know they've blown out pretty much everyone they've played, but they haven't played many good teams, either.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I'll take FSU.
But this bowl season,and the college season in general have proven anything can happen.
I thought my Red Raiders were going to get slapped around by ASU.

Reaction score
FSU got this. I just want the SEC reign to end.

But I do think FSU's defense is head and shoulders better than Auburn's, and their offenses are equally outstanding. Give the edge to FSU.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
from a pro prospect view, the Seminoles have a lot of future NFL talent especially on D:

Timmy Jernigan, DT 6-2/295 Senior (ideal player for our scheme)
Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S 5-8/190
Christian Jones, LB 6-4/235 Senior (I'm a big fan)
Terrence Brooks, S 5-11/200 Senior
Telvin Smith, OLB 6-3/215 Senior
Mario Edwards, Jr., DE 6-4/285 Sophomore
Jalen Ramsey, CB/S 6-1/195 Freshman (Patrick Peterson type ability)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone knows I'm an SEC homer, but I never saw Auburn blowing up FSU like this

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How would you like to be that guy that has that 500-1 bet on Auburn right now. Stands to win 50k and went against the advice to hedge the bet

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Florida St just getting stomped right now. Hesitant QB looks like a joke so far

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dumbo Fisher grossly mismanages the clock with his 3 to's left to end half

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Totally unimpressed with Winston. No way he was the best player in the country this year, no matter what happens the rest of the game.

And Auburn really hasn't gotten their run game going. I think they need to get outside more.

Top Bottom