dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
According to archer and broaddus he is not practicing this morning.

This entire rookie class has been hurt.

How are these guys going to contribute to the team early in the year?

They have all missed the ota's and now some are still on the sideline.

It happens every year. All our rookies either come in hurt or get hurt immediately. Seems it happens the most to the guys we need to count on the earliest too.

Reaction score
You might be kidding, but I feel like, health provided, we have a strong chance this year.

I look at the interior OL, lack of punch on the DL, and average quality at safety and wonder. Without that quality safety, Claiborne is going to have a tougher time adjusting to the game.

And of course health is a key, but many of the guys we're counting on-- Lee, Felix, Austin, Murray, Bryant, and Carter have an established history of coming up lame the last few seasons.

Dallas is not built to make a strong run, they have to get lucky-- a real puncher's chance and that mainly thanks to Tony Romo.

Reaction score
I think the lack of a solid DL rush will continue to be an issue. As the season wears on and injuries accumulate, it's all about the trenches and non-glamour positions. Not sure why Jerry didn't learn that after having likely the greatest o-line of all time in the 90s.

Reaction score
I look at the interior OL, lack of punch on the DL, and average quality at safety and wonder. Without that quality safety, Claiborne is going to have a tougher time adjusting to the game.

And of course health is a key, but many of the guys we're counting on-- Lee, Felix, Austin, Murray, Bryant, and Carter have an established history of coming up lame the last few seasons.

Dallas is not built to make a strong run, they have to get lucky-- a real puncher's chance and that mainly thanks to Tony Romo.

So... you're saying you agree with me?

:errr

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
whats up with this i wonder

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
RT @GregABedard Guard Brian Waters did not report to the Patriots today, according to two league sources.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
bryan broaddus just said that had mike jenkins done his rehab with the cowboys he would be ready to play and because he didnt he is not.......felix is and jenkins is not and it was jenkins fault....

i got the impression the people he talked to were not happy about jenkins.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fwiw broaddus loves crawford and lissemore.
Lissemore has real potential. Crawford is a try hard kid, he just is a better fit for a 4-3 strongside end. Any word on how big he is now?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I thought read today somewhere that he is 290 and wants to be 295

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It happens every year. All our rookies either come in hurt or get hurt immediately. Seems it happens the most to the guys we need to count on the earliest too.

Doesn't help when you draft a couple every year who are hurt.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
bryan broaddus just said that had mike jenkins done his rehab with the cowboys he would be ready to play and because he didnt he is not.......felix is and jenkins is not and it was jenkins fault....

i got the impression the people he talked to were not happy about jenkins.

Jenkins shoulder surgery was alot more involved. Maybe he would have recovered sooner, but I think with hindsight being 20/20 part of the reason the Cowboys broke the bank to sign Carr and move up for Claiborne is they knew Jenkins had a very serious shoulder injury and might struggle to be 100%

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lissemore has real potential. Crawford is a try hard kid, he just is a better fit for a 4-3 strongside end. Any word on how big he is now?

bend over, he'll show you how big he is

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jenkins shoulder surgery was alot more involved. Maybe he would have recovered sooner, but I think with hindsight being 20/20 part of the reason the Cowboys broke the bank to sign Carr and move up for Claiborne is they knew Jenkins had a very serious shoulder injury and might struggle to be 100%

Sounded like whoever told him that was not happy. If it's true then Jenkins is an immature dick.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jenkins is too stupid to realize he's only hurting himself.

He does that anyway whenever the makes a tackle.

I swear! I've never seen any other player gets hurt so much from tackling an opponant, and not being tackled. He makes a nice looking tackle but then he either flops about like a rag doll afterwards, or he is lying motionless.

Reaction score
@BryanBroaddus
Practice has begun. Seeing some 3 wide packages early. Beasley working the slot with Benford and Kemp on outside.

@BryanBroaddus
Still only one RB in the mix today. That's Dunbar. Scott was hurt in the conditioning test. So again Dunbar and Olwale carry the load.

‏@BryanBroaddus
Nickel package secondary Claiborne, Smith, Madison, Teddy Williams and Mario Butler. Williams and Butler are the safeties. Smith in the slot

‏@BryanBroaddus
The one thing you notice about Crawford on pass rush is quickness up the field but the ability to make pass rush moves while he is doing it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
@BryanBroaddus
Still only one RB in the mix today. That's Dunbar. Scott was hurt in the conditioning test. So again Dunbar and Olwale carry the load.

Darrelle Scott has just been waived failed/physical. Cowboys signed Ed Wesly of TCU.

Word to the wise if you're hurt, keep your mouth shut and play through the pain.

Top Bottom