Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good God I hope so. This abortion of a HC can't get out of town soon enough.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Who's the other guy he is talking to that says "I don't think he should lose his job"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WHAT? CAN'T READ IT. What does it say?

Something along the lines of Hansen heard from a friend who heard from a friend who heard it from a friend that Jerry is really pissed about this season (the madder he's ever been) and Garrett may be on the bubble.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who's the other guy he is talking to that says "I don't think he should lose his job"

That's that Stretch Smith guy who used to be on Espn Dallas radio a lot. Worked for the team from sometime in the Switzer days to around the time Parcells got there as an assistant coach and then in personnel.

Reaction score
I'm not even going to get my hopes up, just to have them dashed.

Yeah.... deep down I agree. Not going to get my hopes up. I think I have a better shot at winning the lottery than the clapping fuckwad getting canned. Oh well.

Reaction score
Would be a hefty buyout, but Garrett has nothing to show for his years here. He inherited the core star players. He can claim 12-4, but he couldn't even get beyond the divisional round with the team completely healthy.

Jerry buys into hype more than any owner in the league. If Payton leaves New Orleans and we finish 4-12 or 5-11, there's gonna be a lot of pressure to make a move, especially now that Garrett has been exposed to all as a fraud without Romo.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like on Saturday night, they posted a stat..Garrett's first losing year in Dallas. While technically right, a more-telling stat would be only 1 winning year in 5 years as coach.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Would be a hefty buyout, but Garrett has nothing to show for his years here. He inherited the core star players. He can claim 12-4, but he couldn't even get beyond the divisional round with the team completely healthy.

Jerry buys into hype more than any owner in the league. If Payton leaves New Orleans and we finish 4-12 or 5-11, there's gonna be a lot of pressure to make a move, especially now that Garrett has been exposed to all as a fraud without Romo.

He's going to have to pay that money either way. Might as well pay it and move on. As for hype... who the fuck hyped Garrett? I truly believe that someone said that Garrett was a genius --- and they were being sarcastic, but Jerry took it as gospel.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like on Saturday night, they posted a stat..Garrett's first losing year in Dallas. While technically right, a more-telling stat would be only 1 winning year in 5 years as coach.

When you have a roster like what the Cowboys have and you go 8-8 three consecutive years, where it came down to all he had to do was win the last game to take the division ---- THAT'S A LOSING SEASON. Maybe not NOMINALLY. Maybe not TECHNICALLY. But in REALITY... it's a FUCKING LOSING SEASON.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He's going to have to pay that money either way. Might as well pay it and move on. As for hype... who the fuck hyped Garrett? I truly believe that someone said that Garrett was a genius --- and they were being sarcastic, but Jerry took it as gospel.

Not to get all serious here, but I have wondered lately how much Jerry really thought Garrett would be a great coach. I think we all agree the comfortability/family friend aspect was most important for Jerry, but did he truly believe Jason would be that good in addition to that? Maybe he did. I mean, people like Moose and Troy had been touting him.

If he did believe it, I bet he's really pissed. If he never was truly sold on the coaching and just wanted someone he knew wouldn't push back, he's probably not as mad.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not to get all serious here, but I have wondered lately how much Jerry really thought Garrett would be a great coach. I think we all agree the comfortability/family friend aspect was most important for Jerry, but did he truly believe Jason would be that good in addition to that? Maybe he did. I mean, people like Moose and Troy had been touting him.

If he did believe it, I bet he's really pissed. If he never was truly sold on the coaching and just wanted someone he knew wouldn't push back, he's probably not as mad.

Yeah fuck Aikman and Moose. Loved them as players but for this shit....

Reaction score
the clapping fuckwad
Didn't watch the entire game... not even close really.

But from what I did see, there were a lot of shots of Todd Bowles. Not once did I see him clapping furiously. I can't believe a head coach in this league could get results without that mindless positivity.

Reaction score

The hype I'm referring to is Payton breaking free. That's gonna be Manziel-level tempting or more for Jerry.

Top Bottom