Administrator
Reaction score
NFL_NFC_Helmet_ATL-547px.jpg

hopefully a better result than the last time we visited the Superdome

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Christine Michael may play Sunday, per report, fantasy dorks rejoice

Christine Michael's role with his new team keeps increasing and he may make his Dallas Cowboys debut on Sunday. We break down the fantasy implications.

Dallas Cowboys running back Christine Michael has long been a favorite of the fantasy community due to his measurables and college tape. And now, it appears his time could be coming.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports that offensive coordinator Scott Linehan has been getting Michael reps with the first-team offense and he could play in Week 4's matchup with the New Orleans Saints. Michael has been inactive in each of the Cowboys' first three games, but that streak could be coming to an end for the player Dallas acquired for a seventh-round draft pick over the summer.

Fantasy impact: Fantasy owners will undoubtedly be excited for this news, but it's just too early to project a meaningful role for Michael, who still remains amid a crowded backfield. Joseph Randle and Lance Dunbar are expected to have important roles, although it looks like Michael will get his chance to force the coaching staff's hand in diminishing them.

This is a "wait and see" game for Michael's owners, but is a step in the right direction for his overall fantasy prospects. For Week 4, Michael still isn't worth starting consideration but should be owned in leagues of all formats.

Reaction score
Brandon George said in a recent chat that he didn't think he was gonna play anytime soon.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Brandon George said in a recent chat that he didn't think he was gonna play anytime soon.

You do not give first team reps to a player if you do not intend to activate him for the game. That's stupid. But then again... that would be Garrett.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Saints just announced that Brees will be starting in Sunday

Reaction score
New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton said he is planning to start Drew Brees on Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys, Mike Triplett of ESPN.com reports.

"I think he's planning on it, and I think we're planning on starting him based on the workweek and the reps," Payton said. "He's thrown well. I thought he looked sharp today."

Asked whether there is anything that could get in the way of Brees starting, Payton said, "No; just like I said, he's taking the reps, he looks good."

The Saints listed Brees as probable on their injury report.

"Each day you just pay attention to how he's functioning. He looked crisp today. So I think he's gonna end up starting," Payton said. "Based on the way the week unfolded, each day I felt like he has made the progress we were looking for. Deep balls and all that stuff. So it was good."

Brees missed Sunday's game at Carolina because of a bruised rotator cuff suffered in Week 2 -- the first time he had missed a game due to injury since high school.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I will be working tomorrow so I might miss the first quarter or even the first half of the game damn it!

If Weeden pulls a Weeden I might miss my only chance to be happy and cheer during the game. lol

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I will be working tomorrow so I might miss the first quarter or even the first half of the game damn it!
You're working at night? Kickoff is something like 7:40pm, central time.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm on the west coast in CA so the game starts at 5:40 for me. I'm off at 5pm so I'll probably miss the first quarter and most of the second by the time I get home. I'll still listen to it on the way home using the cowboy app on my phone

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My woman knows to have a beer and my Cowboy jersey ready for me as soon as I walk in the door so I'm set as good as I can be

And yes I'm one of those superstitious fans that's wears his jersey watching at home lol

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My woman knows to have a beer and my Cowboy jersey ready for me as soon as I walk in the door so I'm set as good as I can be

And yes I'm one of those superstitious fans that's wears his jersey watching at home lol

Just a word of advice. Never let your woman know exactly when you'll be home. Keep her guessing. Routinely tell her you'll be late and get home early and tell her you'll be early and get home late. And don't fall for the "I'll have a beer ready for you when you get home, honey," routine. They don't understand football or give a shit about the game. In a woman's mind, your passion for your sports team(s) takes away from the attention that she feels should be reserved for her.

You can thank me later Scot.....

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For most women I would say you are spot on

But this one grew up watching football with her dad so he would explain everything to her during the games on Sunday's. So she knows a thing or two about the game. Unfortunately her family lived in Seattle for a few years so she's a Hawk fan. But I can live with that. It will be fun when we play them in a couple weeks. Her entire family will be cheering for the Hawks and I will be the lone Cowboy fan. But I'm used to that living in L.A. Most of my buddies are Raider fans so I'm usually the only Cowboy fan in the bunch

And there is no tricking her today. She knows I will be home as soon as humanly possible so I don't miss the game.

She never feels neglected. Growing up watching with her dad she knows that Sunday's are the holy day for football. Plus her sister is usually here so they play cards and cook for the rest of us so she's always busy anyway.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are red flags everywhere, from her being a Hawks fan to her cooking while you and your buddies do your thing on Sundays. You've fooled yourself into thinking she enjoys these things. The reality is that you enjoy them and she tolerates them but she'll end up resenting you for it.

You're not her Dad. Girls love their fathers and have an Oedipus Complex growing up which you're misinterpreting to believe she really loves you, football and everything about you because she loved that about her dad. I'm trying to help you here......quit arguing with me.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
fucking Jets. we needed them to win last week.

Exactly!
They looked like shit vs the Eagles and from what I saw before I left for work they were killing the Dolphins. Why the hell couldn't they have showed up last week instead of this week

Top Bottom