Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
These are the lovely folks who will run Syria after we are done "liberating" them.

http://youtu.be/8ONgpYmWJCI

These are the freedom fighters being backed by our government because they want to "help" the Syrians be free and live under Sharia.

American foreign policy. Fuck yeah.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
we'll be laughing all the way to the bank when we've sucked these nations dry of their oil and are sitting on mountains of it ourselves.

this area is ripe for regime change.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
What's up with the stone age retort, guys?

It is a pretty arrogant and asshole act to call our military mindless brutes and then show up again asking the root of a "stone age" retort.
I served in the military and met the most honorable self reliant men and women I have ever come across.
Individuals who are far more accomplished that your loser ass and your bullshit college indoctrination.
So keep the smarts Mr Dickhead,I keep the good American service members who are by far more valuable to the country than YOU.

Reaction score
You know my history, Ben. Don't even start with your bullshit. You think after 24 years of serving that I'm going to just ignore that shit?

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It is a pretty arrogant and asshole act to call our military mindless brutes and then show up again asking the root of a "stone age" retort.
I served in the military and met the most honorable self reliant men and women I have ever come across.
Individuals who are far more accomplished that your loser ass and your bullshit college indoctrination.
So keep the smarts Mr Dickhead,I keep the good American service members who are by far more valuable to the country than YOU.

Yeah, we really show them our appreciation, don't we?

I don't hate the military. I just don't buy into the "hero" bullshit so many of them think they're heros and want a pat on the shoulder every time they go out in uniform or something. I mean, who the fuck wears their uniform out unless they want attention and all the mindless idiots thanking them for their service?

What has the military really done recently, though, other than follow the orders of some boneheaded politician sending them to war on false pretenses and lies?

I give it up for some guys. One of my best friends is a Marine. We banter about various things political/military and we disagree often. I don't claim to be smarter than anyone. I just have a different view and think that the self-importance of military personnel is sort of pathetic sometimes.

With that said, I have respect for some in the military--mostly those who don't gloat about serving the country, etc., and don't take a jabs at the military personally.

The guy in "This is What Winning Looks Like" seems like a stand up guy. But, if you watch the whole thing, you don't know if he's acting that way because a reporter is with them or because he genuinely cares. If I had to guess, I'd say he genuinely cares. I also think he's one of the more realistic military personalities I've ever seen. And he admitted that the Afghans won't be ready to fight the Taliban when we leave. Which is a slap in the face to the military and shameful the president ever sent them there to do a winless job.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah, we really show them our appreciation, don't we?

I don't hate the military. I just don't buy into the "hero" bullshit so many of them think they're heros and want a pat on the shoulder every time they go out in uniform or something. I mean, who the fuck wears their uniform out unless they want attention and all the mindless idiots thanking them for their service?

What has the military really done recently, though, other than follow the orders of some boneheaded politician sending them to war on false pretenses and lies?

I give it up for some guys. One of my best friends is a Marine. We banter about various things political/military and we disagree often. I don't claim to be smarter than anyone. I just have a different view and think that the self-importance of military personnel is sort of pathetic sometimes.

With that said, I have respect for some in the military--mostly those who don't gloat about serving the country, etc., and don't take a jabs at the military personally.

The guy in "This is What Winning Looks Like" seems like a stand up guy. But, if you watch the whole thing, you don't know if he's acting that way because a reporter is with them or because he genuinely cares. If I had to guess, I'd say he genuinely cares. I also think he's one of the more realistic military personalities I've ever seen. And he admitted that the Afghans won't be ready to fight the Taliban when we leave. Which is a slap in the face to the military and shameful the president ever sent them there to do a winless job.

Bullshit.
That is not and it is not close to your original post.
You are one drugged out college indoctrinated loser liberal who has contempt for our military.Simple as that.
They have what you don't have.A pair of balls...even the women serving carry more testosterone on their pinky finger than would would ever dream to.
You know so much that it isn't so which proves that you live in a theory dream world where you assume to have the answers others don't have,because you are"educated" and according to you,the military is not.You are the best example of mankind exchanging what works for what sounds good.
It is not surprising to me to hear shit like that from honorless pieces of shit like you,it is nothing new to me.
Not the first,and not the last,because seems to me that institutes of higher learning are pumping more and more idiots in shorter intervals,and you,Mr Dickhead,are one of Academia's intended failures.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Bullshit.
You are one drugged out college indoctrinated loser liberal who has contempt for our military.Simple as that.
They have what you don't have.A pair of balls...even the women serving carry more testosterone on their pinky finger than would would ever dream to.
You know so much that it isn't so which proves that you live in a theory dream world where you assume to have the answers others don't have,because you are"educated" and according to you,the military is not.You are the best example of mankind exchanging what works for what sounds good.
It is not surprising to me to hear shit like that from honorless pieces of shit like you,it is nothing new to me.
Not the first,and not the last,because seems to me that institutes of higher learning are pumping more and more idiots in shorter intervals,and you,Mr Dickhead,are one of Academia's intended failures.

Just curious. What have you done that really mattered? I mean, you have all this ego from merely being in the military. You, moreso than Irving, prove my point. You think you're better than your countrymen because you served. You want the attention, the pat on the back, to be called a patriot, or a hero with big balls and a lot of testosterone.

You served in the military. You must be honorable, right?

What's honorable about what we're doing in Iraq/Afghanistan? What's honorable about soldiers admittedly killing innocent people? Fucking nothing. It was a lie and you got sucked. Just like you're getting sucked now thinking you're better than everyone because you served for a useless cause.

My bet is you would have never served if they didn't pay you and that it was probably the best opportunity for you at the time--like so many others. There's nothing wrong with that. Just don't think I owe you something because you ducked a real job and went to the military.

You think that makes you better than me and some sort of hero. I say, man, that sucks. But life isn't always fair.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Bullshit.

Honor!

[video=youtube;8lFknRyrKSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8lFknRyrKSQ#![/video]

Were the sheep farmers Al Queda? What about the puppy at 4:26.

Fuck you. And fuck your "honor".

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
And thank you for thinking a youtube video of a small few is the way all of us are. Or should I just assume that since you went to college, that you are no different than guys like James Holmes? Afterall, he went to college just like you did.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And thank you for thinking a youtube video of a small few is the way all of us are. Or should I just assume that since you went to college, that you are no different than guys like James Holmes? Afterall, he went to college just like you did.

It's not about college or not. It's about how some military personnel walk around thinking they're so much more honorable than everyone, how we owe them something, how much testosterone they have like MetalHead and how I'm being indoctrinated because I'm educated and think critically about the war and how it's corrupted.

And it's not really that small of a percentage if you look at how MANY videos on YT show this. I just picked one that didn't have many views. But there are thousands and thousands of accounts of how we abused and killed innocent people there. I'm just curious how that makes us better than terrorists.

And I'm also curious how you think I called out you personally. I was speaking in generalities, but not about all soldiers nor you personally. IIRC, Midswat was in the military in a swat unit. Some are able to see the corruption and be objective even though they served. Some, on the other hand, are brain washed to tow the company line and do whatever they're told.

As far as college, I went to a top university. But just like you in the military, I was surrounded by a ton of idiots as well. You'd be amazed how many idiots went to UT. Hell, Scipio went there.

Anyway, carry on being so much more honorable than the rest of us since we didn't buy into the lies. We didn't get sucked.

Last edited:

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
First, never claimed to be more honorable than anybody. Only took offense to being lumped together with a small percentage. And yeah, it is a very small percentage. Even if you find thousands of them, there are hundreds of thousands that have served over there.

Also, never said you singled me out. But you did include me with your generalities. Just like I included you with my lumping you in with Holmes. There's corruption every where you turn around. Doesn't make it right. But it also doesn't mean every person in that particular field is the same as the shitbags doing wrong, either.

Also, saying stuff like "because you ducked a real job and went to the military." Didn't address me personally, but did include me. What is a real job in your opinion, huh? I've worked jobs from oil rigs to construction, to bartending and as a scrub nurse in an O.R. Would any of them be considered a real job? I've also served two separate times in the Army. And nothing I've ever done has been as hard as being away from my family in the middle of a shitstorm for 14 months at a time. What kind of "real" job do you do, Ben? Just curious.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First, never claimed to be more honorable than anybody. Only took offense to being lumped together with a small percentage. And yeah, it is a very small percentage. Even if you find thousands of them, there are hundreds of thousands that have served over there.

I'm convinced it's not few, but it's not all either. I've seen way too many people over there committing war crimes, killing innocent people, children and animals. I'm not saying it's easy over there. I'm not saying war can't be hell. But why throw a puppy, kill people for fun, shoot dogs and taunt/kill children and write if off as a few? It was only a few Saudis that attacked the World Trade Center, even fewer Iraqis, if I recall. By your logic, we shouldn't worry about the "terrorists" either. It was only a few.

Also, never said you singled me out. But you did include me with your generalities. Just like I included you with my lumping you in with Holmes. There's corruption every where you turn around. Doesn't make it right. But it also doesn't mean every person in that particular field is the same as the shitbags doing wrong, either.

I was speaking in generalities. That was my fault. I get that it's not true for everyone.

Also, saying stuff like "because you ducked a real job and went to the military." Didn't address me personally, but did include me. What is a real job in your opinion, huh? I've worked jobs from oil rigs to construction, to bartending and as a scrub nurse in an O.R. Would any of them be considered a real job? I've also served two separate times in the Army. And nothing I've ever done has been as hard as being away from my family in the middle of a shitstorm for 14 months at a time. What kind of "real" job do you do, Ben? Just curious.

Just curious if you would have done the job if they didn't pay you. I'm not saying it'd be easy. But you signed up for it, twice. So I don't get the point in bellyaching about it. I hear this a lot too.

Like you, I've had many jobs. I first began selling furniture for my dad, began working at Dell selling, moved to Apple, got out of the computer biz and sold wireless phones, then went to manufactured homes, then to cars where I stayed for several years.

Most recently, I've worked in restaurants and am now at a drug company.

I didn't mean for this to get into a chest thumping contest about jobs, but that seems to go with the territory I'm treading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom