Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think it is odd that its been so long that a holding penalty has been called on opposing offenses
I find it odd as well. But that's all.
perhaps there are a few refs who aren't Cowboy fans and even though they desire to be fair, they subconsciously see things unfavorable (i.e...throw or don't throw flags) to the Cowboys...
It's also known and acknowledged that officials do take notes and compare them - opening the possibility not of conspiracy per se, but of cracking down on our sloppy lazy o-line play with our blatant obvious holding we definitely do. Especially Tyron Smith, who is doing it mostly compensating for his bad back.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I
, but of cracking down on our sloppy lazy o-line play with our blatant obvious holding we definitely do. Especially Tyron Smith, who is doing it mostly compensating for his bad back.

JFC you are a ****** with this stuff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not really a surprise here.

Jon Machota
✔ ‎@jonmachota

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan said DT Brian Price (knee) may be out for the rest of the season. Would have to bring in another DT

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Apparently Deion Sanders took offense to Romo’s “he makes Deion look like a good tackler” comment during the game. Deion took to the cameras this morning and unloaded on Romo. It’s pretty damn funny
VIDEO: Deion Sanders ups the ante, tears into Tony Romo
See the video here

"Tony, I tried my best to take the high road but ...I don't know the address to the high road, so I got to come at you man." said Sanders, smiling. "Ten years as a starter you were 2-4 in the playoffs. [You] ain't won nothing. I tried to bury the hatchet.

"We both work for CBS. I went and shook your hand and said 'Tony, you're doing a great job this year!'. I thought that would be it, but not unless you keep on shooting at me. Tony, what's going on man? I got a gold jacket that I didn't buy. Dak [Prescott] says hi, and bye.

"Tony, leave me alone man. I got a lot of ammunition man. How many interceptions, 19 in 2012? Come on, you threw to everybody but me.

"...Come on man. You know you never won the big one. You know you never won the big one, so stop. Leave me alone. I tried to take the high road but I don't know the address."

I️ can’t stand Deion. He can’t find the address to the high road? Try looking in that book (the Bible) that you try convincing everyone you follow. Deion is the epitome of a snake oil salesman.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I️ can’t stand Deion. He can’t find the address to the high road? Try looking in that book (the Bible) that you try convincing everyone you follow. Deion is the epitome of a snake oil salesman.

It's a play on words.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1. Yep, the actual coaching is done by the coordinators. Garrett does press conferences and cliche t-shirts.

Didn't know BALL! and HAH! Were cliches.

2. This was one of my biggest complaints of the first few games. Why weren't we using the misdirection bootlegs and rollouts like last year? I have no idea, but at least we started doing it again. (My guess -- at first Garrett was trying to make Dak into an Aikman type more stationary passer just like he foolishly did with Tony.)

The 5-wide - empty back set --- Garrett's "run back home to momma" play, had a new wrinkle. This time Zeke was on the field, and had him out wide and then set in motion to the backfield. Clearly Linehan's design.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If the playoffs started today, we'd be in as the 6th seed. (We're 5-3 vs Carolina 6-3, although we have a better conference record at 4-2, they are 4-3).

Of the teams that are 4-4, only Atlanta has a better conference record than us and we play them Sunday.

If the draft were today, those superpower NY football Giants would have the 3rd pick of the draft.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unofficial injury report from Sunday’s game

Dez Bryant - high ankle sprain
T Willy - similar injury to Dez
T Smith - back
Brian Price - dislocated knee cap

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Patrik Walker
✔ ‎@VoiceOfTheStar

#Cowboys rookie CB Chidobe Awuzie reportedly expected to practice this week, possibly play vs Falcons »

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Unofficial injury report from Sunday’s game

Dez Bryant - high ankle sprain
T Willy - similar injury to Dez
T Smith - back

Tyron also has a groin injury, that's why he came out of the game from reports I saw.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I guess this promotes Richard Ash up to be the main backup 1-tech DT. I like what I've seen of Ash so far. It was his pressure up the middle which eventually resulted in the sack for Taco.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
your reigning coach of the year:

Top Bottom