LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They fucked up. They could have had Kia Roberts in the meeting and still dismissed her finding and recommendations, and that would have been the end of it. They would have heard her report and recommendation, then come to a consensus to still suspend Zeke and that would have been it. Zeke would have been SOL, because although it would not have been fair, due process would have been administered.

They fucked up when they deliberately kept her out of the proceedings, because tthen it looked exactly what it is: a coverup. Here you have the LEAD NFL investigator who was the only one to have spoken with all the parties invovled, witnesses, accuser, and accused, law enforcement, prosecutor, etc. and she made a recommendation that no suspension should be levied, and for that, she was barred from the proceedings.

WHY THE FUCK HAVE AN INVESTIGATION?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dude, just gimme what you think it clearly is, like you said. You're ambiguous now.

They fucked us over Dooms, and it was done because of extreme bias & corruption.

Lisa Friel, Giants fanatic. Has same investigator(Roberts) take care of Giants PK Josh Brown incident. Roberts investigation leads her to believe the strongest punishment is due Brown, however Friel disagrees and recommends only a 1 game suspension.

Fast forward one year later. Roberts is again assigned as lead investigator. Tells Friel that after interviewing Tiffany Thompson SIX TIMES that she is a lying kunt that cant be trusted and that Zeke (Cowboys player) shouldn't be punished. Giants fan Friel disagrees and not only gives Zeke the full 6 game ban, she also does everything possible to suppress Roberts' findings and opinion from everyone else involved.

You do the math.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They fucked up. They could have had Kia Roberts in the meeting and still dismissed her finding and recommendations, and that would have been the end of it. They would have heard her report and recommendation, then come to a consensus to still suspend Zeke and that would have been it. Zeke would have been SOL, because although it would not have been fair, due process would have been administered.

I don't know that this would have been acceptable either. I mean she WAS the league's own lead investigator and the ONLY one that had any direct interviews with Tiffany Thompson. What justification would the league have for completely dismissing her findings?

Not having Roberts at the hearings made the corruption more obvious, but if she had been there and they still dismissed it then they would have still been guilty of massive corruption because all the evidence revealed seems to clear Elliott.

At the end of the day, this clusterfuck should result in Friel's firing and Goodell being forced out as commissioner.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score

They fucked up when they deliberately kept her out of the proceedings, because tthen it looked exactly what it is: a coverup. Here you have the LEAD NFL investigator who was the only one to have spoken with all the parties invovled, witnesses, accuser, and accused, law enforcement, prosecutor, etc. and she made a recommendation that no suspension should be levied, and for that, she was barred from the proceedings.

WHY THE FUCK HAVE AN INVESTIGATION?

All of this suspension nonsense seemed to have been a PR move gone terribly wrong. The league wanted to look tough on DV, so the instant those letters were even near Zeke's name they wanted to drop the hammer. The problem is the accuser has next to no credibility and the case was thrown at by the ACTUAL POLICE.

Instead of moving on, they decided to suspend him anyway because Goodell is the commish and he can. Of course Zeke, the NFLPA, and Jerry were NEVER going to stand for this and that IMO is where the league REALLY messed up because now this will be in the court system FOREVER in all likelihood. Not only that but now Jerry is going to mess up Goodell's contract and try to get him kicked out as commish.

The league (and various people in the sports media) didn't seem to think that Judge Mazzant was going to call out the league on their garbage. Being that he did and being that all kinds of shady stuff has come to light (who knows what shady stuff the league did we don't know about) the league is not in good shape.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They fucked us over Dooms, and it was done because of extreme bias & corruption.

Lisa Friel, Giants fanatic. Has same investigator(Roberts) take care of Giants PK Josh Brown incident. Roberts investigation leads her to believe the strongest punishment is due Brown, however Friel disagrees and recommends only a 1 game suspension.

Fast forward one year later. Roberts is again assigned as lead investigator. Tells Friel that after interviewing Tiffany Thompson SIX TIMES that she is a lying kunt that cant be trusted and that Zeke (Cowboys player) shouldn't be punished. Giants fan Friel disagrees and not only gives Zeke the full 6 game ban, she also does everything possible to suppress Roberts' findings and opinion from everyone else involved.

You do the math.
Ahh, it's a bunch of Giants fans in the process, trying to help their team! No other considerations, right?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ahh, it's a bunch of Giants fans in the process, trying to help their team! No other considerations, right?

The only other consideration has been mentioned in this thread (including by me) that the league just was hellbent on making a "statement" against DV in order to pander to special interest/feminist groups and gain political points, which in itself was woefully wrong after examining all the known facts of this case.

That said, you cannot discount the FACT that Friel is a Giants fans, ruled very softly against a Giants player just one year ago and then turned around with FAR less supporting evidence a year later and threw the book at a Dallas Cowboys player. Both times ignoring (and in Zeke's case, actually covering up) her own lead investigator's findings and opinion.

It's not that hard Dooms. I understand this unwavering belief some want to have of a completely impartial league office, but the facts of this case clearly show they are not acting that way. This entire Zeke fiasco should have been over not long after it was thrown out by the police/local DA, but because of extreme bias and corruption by certain parties involved, turned into a giant shitbag.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I understand this unwavering belief some want to have of a completely impartial league office
Nobody's ever expressed anything close to that, certainly not me. But I do weigh their desire to politically pander much heavier than I do fan bias.

One year ago it wasn't nearly as cool to do these witch hunts as it got to be, later on. I'm not discounting anything as far as motive goes - anyone who wishes to pander politically isn't objective anyhow. But I don't buy in to the fan motivation very much. Dallas has what they want it to have as far as guaranteed losing goes - its idiot owner and its head coach.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I won't mention names, but I just drank a beer with a top executive in the Cowboys front office. He said Goodell fucked with the wrong dude, and Jerry is on a war path. Jerry told Goodell, "you might want to get that resignation ready." Here's the thing: that 5 year extension that Goodell supposedly received hasn't been signed yet.

Hey, Fuzzy Lumpkins. When I'm right, which I have always been, I expect your ****** ass to apologize to me. Fucking little bitch.

Aw hell nah,

we gonna need some background info on this story.

Are you fucking with us about your source? If not, without giving anything up to reveal your source, can you elaborate on why you're confident in the claim jeri is on a warpath? This might be the first tangible positive thing for the football team I'm aware of that jeri has done since he wrote a million dollar check to get Herschal to leave town.

What is Fuzzy saying about your comments? & in what thread?

stick around kid, we need some more posters around here

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nobody's ever expressed anything close to that, certainly not me. But I do weigh their desire to politically pander much heavier than I do fan bias.

One year ago it wasn't nearly as cool to do these witch hunts as it got to be, later on. I'm not discounting anything as far as motive goes - anyone who wishes to pander politically isn't objective anyhow. But I don't buy in to the fan motivation very much. Dallas has what they want it to have as far as guaranteed losing goes - its idiot owner and its head coach.

Like you, I think its FAR more complicated than simply asserting that Friel is a rabid Giant fan bent on helping her team and hurting their competition regardless of how it looks. Does her fandom sway her thinking in some way? Sure, I just don't think its a significant part of her interpretations or motivation, more like icing on top.

This article makes a good point about the problems with how the NFL is handling these issues:

The rhetoric from Lockhart, who served as White House Press Secretary in the Clinton Administration, isn’t surprising. As one league source explained it, that’s one of the practical realities of hiring political operatives to handle P.R. in a public-facing business. The notion of win-win goes about the window when it comes to politics, where it’s always about a winner and a loser and about twisting every situation to make your adversary look like a loser.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Aw hell nah,

we gonna need some background info on this story.

Are you fucking with us about your source? If not, without giving anything up to reveal your source, can you elaborate on why you're confident in the claim jeri is on a warpath? This might be the first tangible positive thing for the football team I'm aware of that jeri has done since he wrote a million dollar check to get Herschal to leave town.

What is Fuzzy saying about your comments? & in what thread?

stick around kid, we need some more posters around here

I met with a big front office guy with my brother, who is putting together a corporate sponsorship with the Cowboys. He told us about the injunction before the news broke, as he was getting texts from his lawyer. Jerry was lied to by Goodell about this whole thing, and he's PISSED. He said Jerry being PISSED is NOT a good thing. That alleged 5 year extension Goodell received hasn't been signed yet. Jerry and Kraft are working together in a sense. I'm gonna call it now. Goodell WILL BE FIRED.

Reaction score
The only other consideration has been mentioned in this thread (including by me) that the league just was hellbent on making a "statement" against DV in order to pander to special interest/feminist groups and gain political points, which in itself was woefully wrong after examining all the known facts of this case.

That said, you cannot discount the FACT that Friel is a Giants fans, ruled very softly against a Giants player just one year ago and then turned around with FAR less supporting evidence a year later and threw the book at a Dallas Cowboys player. Both times ignoring (and in Zeke's case, actually covering up) her own lead investigator's findings and opinion.

It's not that hard Dooms. I understand this unwavering belief some want to have of a completely impartial league office, but the facts of this case clearly show they are not acting that way. This entire Zeke fiasco should have been over not long after it was thrown out by the police/local DA, but because of extreme bias and corruption by certain parties involved, turned into a giant shitbag.

I still don't understand how people can even think that there isn't corruption in the league office. There's corruption every where, and in every thing because humans are involved. But no, somehow the NFL's humans are infallible, and free from any bias whatsoever. Frankly, that is much harder to believe than that there is corruption due to personal bias. Some people just gotta virtue signal I guess. Maybe they think it makes them look better somehow.

Edit to add that we now have it as a matter of court record, thus making it much harder to sell the bullshit of a bias free NFL office.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Edit to add that we now have it as a matter of court record, thus making it much harder to sell the bullshit of a bias free NFL office.
Where have you ever seen this, outside of sports shows? Certainly not here. In fact I haven't even seen this assertion on sports shows.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
I dont know about the the Lisa Friel Giants fan being the reason this happened, but this case is as unprofessional as it comes

Kia Roberts who has worked hundreds of Domestic Violence cases. A graduate of Duke and another superior school was the ONLY person to interview Tiffany Thompson. Not once, not twice, not three times but SIX fucking times and her recommendation is basically ignored by the Goodel, Henderson and Friel.
Very Bizzare

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Goodell has proven to be a panderer (see Michael Sam, National Anthem protests, bathroom controversies etc etc) but you'd think that to completely remove ANY potential hint of bias that one wouldn't hire a devout fan of one particular team to make decisions on punishment, especially if there's a very obvious conflict of interest between the team that person pulls for and the team she is ruling against.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Like you, I think its FAR more complicated than simply asserting that Friel is a rabid Giant fan bent on helping her team and hurting their competition regardless of how it looks. Does her fandom sway her thinking in some way? Sure, I just don't think its a significant part of her interpretations or motivation, more like icing on top.

So again, why even put anyone in that position? There's only about 2 billion lawyers out there and probably 1000's who specialize in DV, and surely they could find ONE that isn't a fan of the NFL and could be completely impartial when looking at evidence and facts.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still don't understand how people can even think that there isn't corruption in the league office. There's corruption every where, and in every thing because humans are involved. But no, somehow the NFL's humans are infallible, and free from any bias whatsoever. Frankly, that is much harder to believe than that there is corruption due to personal bias. Some people just gotta virtue signal I guess. Maybe they think it makes them look better somehow.

Agree 100%

Top Bottom