Reaction score
Unfortunately well know the orange clapper is too close to the Jerry family to really get let go...

With that said, who would you fire/release/replace after this season:

For me....

Derek Dooley: Didn't like him as HC at UT, so maybe I'm biased. But then again, we've seen no real development from any receiver not named Dez. Also, Dwayne Harris toils around here for years, then has a 'breakout' role player year in NY. Dooley raved about Devin Street a year or so ago, and he's done nothing, which begs to question this guys judgement.

Wade Wilson: He's another guy who seems to just have been here too long to ever be let go. But outside of Romo-magic, we've not had dick at the QB position in forever. Not even draft picks, because yeah, not drafting prospects hurts. But even back ups look like shit. Cassell, again, is a guy who's won 10 games twice in this league and went to a Pro Bowl. Weeden was a first rounder not long ago. I'm not saying these guys are quality players, but they're not completely devoid of talent either. But our QB coach gets nothing out of anyone. I can't think of one positive thing he's done during his time here.

Jerone Henderson: I know Hostile proclaimed this guy would be worth two wins alone, but... no. Defenders still don't look for the ball - never have. We haven't had a CB interception since what, 2012? Hard to judge him on safeties because we give him nothing but UDFA or project players there. But the lack of production out of corner is enough for me to want to move on.

Roster wise... I'd let the following players move on:

Greg Hardy - Lack of production isn't worth the drama. Bona fide head case.
Brandon Carr - He's just not any good. 90% of the big plays given up in the secondary involve either him or Barry Church.
Barry Church - See above.
Sean Lee - This one hurts to say, because I love the player. Love his heart, love what he brings on gamedays when available. But the problem is, as we all know, he's a walking mash unit. And it'll get worse as he gets older.
Rolando McClain - Similar to Greg Hardy. Doesn't love the game and has a lot of baggage it seems.

It's tempting to put Devin Street on there, but I think he still makes rookie minimum so fine, let him come to camp and battle it out with a rookie.

Reaction score
What drama has there been with Hardy recently? That shit disappeared just as quickly as it began. It's not like peta protesters are picketing in front of stadiums. I guess dogs > women ??

While on the subject of dogs, Sean Lee needs to be put down like old yeller.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really don't think any of the coaches other than the loser at the top would matter a bit. That's why this sucks so much -- there's not even a decent scapegoat type like a Rob Ryan to let go this time. I like Marinelli and Linehan just fine, and I don't think position coaches make any difference 90% of the time. Maybe the OL coach, but even there it seems like it would be just a cosmetic change unless someone particularly good just happens to shake loose for whatever reason.

Player-wise, I'd be happy if I never saw Devin Street or any of our starting secondary again. Carr, Claiborne, Church and Wilcox all need to GTFO forever.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can see Marinelli being retired and then they promote Matt Eberflus as a super smart hard-worker with an amazing future. I guess he had all these great ideas to fix the defense these past few years but that mean old Marinelli wouldn't listen to him.

Henderson should definitely go. In Jerry's mind, he was handed all of these great tools (Claiborne and Carr) and did nothing with them.

If Miami lets Dan Campbell go, he will end up here.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If Miami lets Dan Campbell go, he will end up here.
As what?

And my god no, we better not push Marinelli out for Eberflus. He does almost seem like a Jerry-Jason favorite though, doesn't he? Thought it was a little strange when he didn't go to New Orleans with Rob.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly whats needed is a wholesale staff change, from th HC on down. The coaching is bad. The leadership is bad. There is a clear lack of true motivation.

While the defense has helped keep some games close, they arnt without fault either.

The offense has been a total & utter disaster.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, coaching tweaks aren't enough, and we aren't one great draft class away from a championship, either.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Honestly whats needed is a wholesale staff change, from th HC on down. The coaching is bad. The leadership is bad. There is a clear lack of true motivation.
Orrrrr, any true core philosophy. Other than being "risk averse."

Top Bottom