Reaction score
Game 1 has been amazing. If the rest of the series is like this, could be an all time great one.

I know JBond is loving it.

Reaction score
I'm curious, how many people here follow MLB?

I used to, but that was several decades ago. If I lived in DFW or some other MLB city, maybe it'd be different. Same thing with the NBA. Haven't watched it in years.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Game 1 has been amazing. If the rest of the series is like this, could be an all time great one.

I know JBond is loving it.

Yes sir, I am loving it. How could anyone except a Mets fan not like the Royals? They are a grown up version of the best little league team I was on. They play the game with an old school mentality. No super stars. A bunch of very complete players that play the game as it was intended.

Now the Mets will have some advantages playing at home. No DH of course. Ned Yost understands NL ball. He learned from the best, but I expect the Mets to win one, maybe two of three. Of all the AL teams to make the playoffs, the Royals are the best suited to play well with NL rules.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score

I used to, but that was several decades ago. If I lived in DFW or some other MLB city, maybe it'd be different. Same thing with the NBA. Haven't watched it in years.

I understand that take. Haven't watched the NBA since leaving NJ. I followed the Knicks until Ewing retired. That said, the Royals are a fun team to follow. They completely rebuilt the organization from the ground up. Minors, scouting, advance scouting, etc. It's paying off now. They excel at the small things. Something my favorite Football team has struggled with for decades.

Reaction score
Yes sir, I am loving it. How could anyone except a Mets fan not like the Royals? They are a grown up version of the best little league team I was on. They play the game with an old school mentality. No super stars. A bunch of very complete players that play the game as it was intended.

Now the Mets will have some advantages playing at home. No DH of course. Ned Yost understands NL ball. He learned from the best, but I expect the Mets to win one, maybe two of three. Of all the AL teams to make the playoffs, the Royals are the best suited to play well with NL rules.
Yeah, I'm rooting for the Royals vs the Mets. Good story from a small market. Don't dislike any of the players there. Plus my half-sister is a Royals fan growing up near KC with her mother.

Reaction score

Honestly, I would probably rather go to an MLB game than an NFL game. On TV, prefer NFL a little bit more, but I get into MLB and watch at least part of probably 80-100 of my team's games. The strategy and the game within the game is fascinating to me.

Reaction score
Well Game 2 wasn't as exciting. That KC crowd was great though. I bet Citi Field will be rocking tomorrow night.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
It will be fun. I wish we had more baseball fans here. Baseball is the ultimate team game. Flaws are exposed. You must play well as a team, but every starter has the opportunity to be the difference maker. It separates the men and children.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Congratulations to the the 2015 World Series Champions, the Kansas City Royals!

Not going to make it in to work tomorrow... One of the pluses of ownership.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
tried to stay up to watch the Royals celebrate on NY's field, but the time change made me sleepy. :-(

Collins trusted his players too much (letting Cespedes continue to bat with the bad knee and Harvey starting the 9th). but KC is young and relentless, so it probably wouldn't have mattered.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Kinda sorry I watched almost zero of the world series, because I did want KC to win.

But it's football season, and baseball is a pretty dumb sport. Can't really get into it unless my team is playing.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
:lol :awkward No offense, pep.

Yeah, I've been a big Rangers fan for many years but the game of baseball itself is just weird to me. In most big team sports you basically have a goal or territory that you're defending, and you're trying to get the ball/puck/whatever in the other person's goal: Football, soccer, hockey, basketball, lacrosse, water polo, whatever. Baseball has this huge number of rules, so many of which seem very arbitrary.

Or maybe it's just that I didn't like playing baseball that much. Too much standing around for me.

Reaction score
Does baseball have more rules than football? Maybe they used to, but the NFL rulebook has probably tripled in size over the past decade.

Yeah, that boring complaint is levied a lot. But I love watching a defense move as a unit before each pitch or when the ball is in play. Doesn't happen in little league, but MLB defenses are a thing of beauty, just like dominant defenses in the NFL.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Oh I was talking about playing it as a kid. Watching an important game like a playoff game when your team is in it is as fun and exciting as anything.

Top Bottom