dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was looking for conventional tackles, not ferocious ones. Whatever you do, don't pay him.
He had a career high in tackles this year despite being thrown at less.

His coverage metrics are vastly improved even though his ints are down (mainly from lack of people trying him, or even his side). He's one of the best CB's in the league.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Buck alluded to this last night, that another team was now involved for Quinn.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the OL was better when Peters went out to be honest. It does hurt the depth though.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
schultz played out of his mind.....but he made plays every time he touched the ball..... franchise tag again next yr?
I'm not a fan of using the franchise tag at all, but if we do use it I'd prefer they use it for Pollard rather than Schultz. Now I know there are loads of good backs that come out of college every year, but I'm not convinced we'd find anyone as good as Pollard. He's not that far behind McCaffrey in terms of talent imo. Players like that are rare. Schultz is a good player but I don't see him at the same level as Kelce, Kittle or Marc Andrews. The drop off from Schultz to Ferguson isn't as big as the drop off from Pollard to whoever his replacement would be imo.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Notice how much better Dak looks when we can run the ball even just semi-competently.
Its definitely something that made him tougher to defense pre-injury.

But last night he looked like he was more determined to not let those plays (the ones with his legs) pass by as much. Perhaps he does it during the regular season now in part because he knows it increases chances of injury and the playoffs he knows he "needs" those plays more.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of using the franchise tag at all, but if we do use it I'd prefer they use it for Pollard rather than Schultz. Now I know there are loads of good backs that come out of college every year, but I'm not convinced we'd find anyone as good as Pollard. He's not that far behind McCaffrey in terms of talent imo. Players like that are rare. Schultz is a good player but I don't see him at the same level as Kelce, Kittle or Marc Andrews. The drop off from Schultz to Ferguson isn't as big as the drop off from Pollard to whoever his replacement would be imo.
Pollard's a great player, I'm not sure what the cap charge is for franchise RB v franchise TE, but that could be a factor.

Donovan Wilson is also scheduled to be a UFA, they might have to tag him and he may be more valuable than Schultz or Pollard anyway, it also might be cheaper to tag him than Schultz or Pollard.

I like our backup TE's, Schultz would be a loss but I agree with you, it probably wouldn't be a catastrophic drop-off if we lost him and Ferguson assumed that role. Next year's RB class is loaded according to some (like Dane Brugler) and I really like Malik Davis. I really think he has a decent chance to be a good #1 RB if he stays healthy.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's always been the formula. When he throws more than 35 times a game, the W-L record ain't good.
That's because there's fewer situations where he's at risk to make dumb throws making an iffy decision.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Pollard's a great player, I'm not sure what the cap charge is for franchise RB v franchise TE, but that could be a factor.

Donovan Wilson is also scheduled to be a UFA, they might have to tag him and he may be more valuable than Schultz or Pollard anyway, it also might be cheaper to tag him than Schultz or Pollard.

I like our backup TE's, Schultz would be a loss but I agree with you, it probably wouldn't be a catastrophic drop-off if we lost him and Ferguson assumed that role. Next year's RB class is loaded according to some (like Dane Brugler) and I really like Malik Davis. I really think he has a decent chance to be a good #1 RB if he stays healthy.
Over The Cap has projected the 2023 franchise cap hits for each position - https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders

Safety - $14.472M
TE - $11.356M
RB - $10.1M

So Pollard would be the cheapest to tag. Food for thought.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Top Bottom