ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't care if it was the dumbest gameplan in history, you don't call out your coaches.

RKG stuff for sure.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't care if it was the dumbest gameplan in history, you don't call out your coaches.

RKG stuff for sure.

Didn't look like he was "calling anyone out" from the quotes I read. Probably echoing something the coaches and other players all discussed as they were watching the film of the game. It was OBVIOUSLY a bad game plan, anyone with half a brain could see that.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Didn't look like he was "calling anyone out" from the quotes I read. Probably echoing something the coaches and other players all discussed as they were watching the film of the game. It was OBVIOUSLY a bad game plan, anyone with half a brain could see that.

Still doesn't excuse him from sucking out loud in whatever scheme is run. He should have either just STFU or pointed the finger at himself.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Wasn't Fat Rob the DC when that happened or maybe Kiffin? Don't believe it was Marinelli.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He was a monster. The game changed the rules (and Kelly Rowan broke his heart)and he was never the same.

The McNabb interception is one of my favorite plays.

I had hoped Taylor Mays could be a bigger, faster version of Roy but he never worked on his coverage issues and is only worried about big hits, legal or otherwise.

Kam Chancellor is one of the few feared hitters at strong safety now.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He was a monster. The game changed the rules (and Kelly Rowan broke his heart)and he was never the same.

The McNabb interception is one of my favorite plays.

I had hoped Taylor Mays could be a bigger, faster version of Roy but he never worked on his coverage issues and is only worried about big hits, legal or otherwise.

Kam Chancellor is one of the few feared hitters at strong safety now.

Could have had Kam Chancellor. Wanted him bad. But nah... we had to waste a 4th rounder on a guy that went to a Div. III school, and played CB and thought we could convert him into safety (AOA).

Reaction score
Today should be exciting in the NFC!

A 8-7-1 team vs a team rocking their third string QB!

PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

Reaction score
If Megatron had someone like this guy patrolling the Dallas secondary, his confidence would be reduced significantly. Owens even said that when he was on the Niners and Eagles, they always had to know where Roy was.

Dont you miss this guy a little?

Roy Williams cowboys highlights - YouTube

That guy was awesome. Only real good part of that era. I really felt like he was robbed for DROY.

I watched the shit out of that "Brotha gonna knock it out" Oklahoma highlight video leading up to the draft and was so pissed when we traded down with Kansas City because I thought we might've blown our chance to get him. My fiance came home right when they announced his name and she thought I was crazy how excited I was. I used to really take this shit too serious, I guess.

And its funny because if you read the SI article I think Peter King wrote where he was allowed in some of our draft meetings, there was a serious debate over taking him or Phillip Buchanon. Pretty sure Jerry said Buchanon "had a little Deion in him."

SMH

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lions could use Golden Tate on punt returns

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 3, 2015, 10:44 AM EST

In Seattle last year, Golden Tate was both a starting wide receiver and the punt returner. When the Lions signed him this offseason, they decided to put all his attention on offense. But with the playoffs coming, Tate would like a shot at returning punts again.

Although Tate was careful to say he’s not trying to push Jeremy Ross out of his job returning punts, Tate did say that he’d love to get a chance to do it on Sunday against the Cowboys.

“I also pay close attention because you never know when Jeremy Ross breaks a shoelace or needs a breather for whatever the reason is or whatever,” he said, via Josh Katzenstein of the Detroit News. “I always want to be prepared, and like I’ve been saying, I want to help this team any way I can. In my mind, this is a must-win game and there’s nobody that wants to get back to the big show again [more] than I so I’m trying to help this team get there.”

Lions coach Jim Caldwell said it’s a possibility, although as always, he played things close to the vest.

“Everything is considered,” Caldwell said when asked of the possibility of Tate returning punts. “Everything is looked at seriously.”

Ross has averaged 8.9 yards per punt return this year. Tate averaged 11.5 yards per punt return for the Seahawks last year. Tate also has better hands than Ross, who has fumbled four times this year. The bottom line is that Tate is a better punt returner than Ross. If the Lions didn’t want Tate returning punts in the regular season because they wanted to save him for offense, that’s understandable. But in the playoffs, the best players need to be on the field. And that means that when the Cowboys are punting, Tate should be on the field and Ross should be on the sideline.

Top Bottom