Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see how he can stand flushing that much money down the toilet for average to below-average results.

Because Jerry's measure of success is not the same as yours or mine. Jerry's made a boatload of money; probably more than the teams that will go the SB. That's his goal first and foremost. And I'm certain of it and I'll tell you why. Jerry knows the end is near. Most folks his age that want a SB or were concerned about winning would be doing the exact opposite in a desperate attempt to chase the thing that he longs the most. He doesn't do that because winning is not a priority in his final years. He built his stadium. He built the star. He's probably invested in some huge business ventures, most of which we probably never hear of. He talks about those things (stadium and star) with a twinkle in his eye. That, and the fortune he built for his family, is his legacy. When he talks about the team, it's from a marketing standpoint to sell his BS to the mass who, in turn, keep buying his inferior product.

I live in the Northeast. Jerry would never survive in the New York or Philly market but he gets a pass with the spineless Dallas media.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I firmly believe this abortion of a team and it's staff will come out being aggressive this game. Why not? They absolutely nothing to lose.

And Dak will starting chucking it downfield or try to make throws he stayed away from during the season. He hears the whispers......book it.

Reaction score
I firmly believe this abortion of a team and it's staff will come out being aggressive this game. Why not? They absolutely nothing to lose.

And Dak will starting chucking it downfield or try to make throws he stayed away from during the season. He hears the whispers......book it.

Interesting take. I just have the opposite feeling. The game being in Philly and in the cold I think the Cowboys will just play it out and play with little intensity. The players know that Garrett and friends will be around another year and there is no incentive to do anything.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Interesting take. I just have the opposite feeling. The game being in Philly and in the cold I think the Cowboys will just play it out and play with little intensity. The players know that Garrett and friends will be around another year and there is no incentive to do anything.

good point, we know any players with the hint of an injury will be out and those we didnt know about will likely bail as well, why shouldn't they?

Dez has already revealed his excuse for this game

Last edited:
Reaction score
good point, we know any players with the hint of an injury will be out and those we didnt know about will likely bail as well, why shouldn't they?

Dez has already revealed his excuse for this game

Yeah, Bryant had an injury all season don't you know. :razz

Reaction score
That is his same excuse he’s been using every season since his contract year. Just rinse and repeat

Yep. Big mistake to overpay this guy. It was in his character to never live up to his deal. The FO should have franchised him and then let him walk. Beware of contract year heroes.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hey Blu,

I didn’t see that you posted the updated standing after last week. Usually you do it when you start the thread but I didn’t see it this time
i didn't bother. ICup and BB are up by one. If they both take dallas we have to take the eagles. If they split picks we are irrelevant.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thx Blu

I’ll take the Eagles regardless of their picks

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw this and it made me laugh!
ebf1f538f6d2b717a8268cb43d870e40.jpg

Reaction score
My new theory is that the Wonderlic Test can predict contract year heroes. The lower the score, the more likely they will only play the year they could get a big contract, then mentally check out.

In other words, pass on the guys who are retards.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
In a perfect world, all NFL contracts would be one year max. Would keep players hungry and avoid "dead money" cap hell.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My new theory is that the Wonderlic Test can predict contract year heroes. The lower the score, the more likely they will only play the year they could get a big contract, then mentally check out.

In other words, pass on the guys who are retards.

One of Jimmy J's best lines was: Next time I draft a dumb player, hit me in the head with a hammer. Obviously Jerry does not subscribe to this theory, though I'd like to.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So lets see: Meaningless game for Egirls CHECK , a chance to make our Cowboys draft pick worse CHECK , a chance to get 2018 starters hurt CHECK , and chance for the computer with legs to finish with a 9-7 record and spruce up his resume CHECK . Hell, gotta be Cowboys

Sadly four for four.

Top Bottom