Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So far all reports claim we are playing a normal roster and all key players will be playing the entire game

Hopefully they throw the entire playbook at Zeke and get him his yards for the record. I would love to see them say fuck it, we made the playoffs, let's get him the record!

Ain't gonna happen, but I would love to see it happen

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully they're smart enough not to let potential playoff opponents see what we're really gonna do in playoff games.

That plays into Garrett's mindset

No trickery, just line up and beat the man across from you

His thought process is that It doesn't matter if they know exactly what we are planning to do because we will execute our game plan and outplay the other team

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That plays into Garrett's mindset

No trickery, just line up and beat the man across from you

His thought process is that It doesn't matter if they know exactly what we are planning to do because we will execute our game plan and outplay the other team
What. The. Fuck.

To start with, Garrett HAS no mindset beyond just clapping and cheerleading. He has no thought process other than regurgitating the same Ivy League shit all the time. And he does nothing on game day - not calling any plays, not even talking in the headset. When I said "they" that didn't include Garrett at all. He's just a walking cliche dispenser and a cheerleader.

Reaction score
Cowboys

There is no pressure on Dallas right now, so I expect them to beat the crap out of the Lions.

Reaction score
Changing my vote to Dallas. I think the Lions play vanilla, risk free game because the only game that matters is next week vs the Packers. Wouldnt surprise me considering the Carr and Mariota injuries and with Staffords finger injury, that he doesn't play the whole game.

Cowboys win, but Sean Lee get injured.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Changing my vote to Dallas. I think the Lions play vanilla, risk free game because the only game that matters is next week vs the Packers. Wouldnt surprise me considering the Carr and Mariota injuries and with Staffords finger injury, that he doesn't play the whole game.

Detroit locks up a playoff spot with a win, they have plenty to play for

Reaction score

Oh really? I thought it only came down to next weeks winner between them and the Packers. Loser of that game was out.

I stand corrected.

Okay, changing my pick back to Detroit.

Sorry for the confusion.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was wondering that myself.

So next week is the only game that matters as far as winning the division, but if they win tonight they can still make it as a wild card?

Okay, good. It would kinda suck if the game tonight didn't really matter for either team.

Though it would be fitting for MNF: "Don't miss our four-hour pregame show for a game that doesn't mean shit."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

They already have a playoff berth. Tonight changes nothing win or lose

It's next weeks game that matters for the Lions vs the packers that will decide that division

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Wrong. This game matters as well. Because if the Lions win, they'll have 10 wins. They can lose to the Packers next week --- and lose the division, BUT... they'll still make the playoffs. They lose tonight and next week, the only way they get in is if both the Redskins and Bucs lose.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They already have a playoff berth. Tonight changes nothing win or lose

It's next weeks game that matters for the Lions vs the packers that will decide that division

FYI:

Teams that have already clinched divisions:

Dallas, Seattle & Atlanta

Teams that have clinched a playoff spot:

New York

Teams in the running for the two remaining spots (one wildcard & one division):

GB (9-6)
Detroit (9-5)
Wash (8-6-1)
TB (8-7)**

So if Detroit wins tonight, they have locked up a wildcard at minimum with a 10-5 record because none of the teams in contention for a wildcard can overtake them except GB which can win the division by winning or a wildcard if they lose and Wash loses (but if Wash wins, they overtake GB for the last wildcard spot).

If GB beats Detroit after Detroit beats Dallas tonight, they'll both be 10-6 but GB holds the tie breaker and wins the division but at 10-6, Detroit still has the wildcard because the best TB & Wash can do is 9-7 and 9-6-1 respectively.

So, Detroit should be highly motivated to win tonight in order to lock up a wild card at minimum. Currently they have not guaranteed a playoff spot

** chances are so remote and complex, its not with the time to explain, they're basically done

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll take Dallas but with reservations. I think we beat these guys any time the game matters to us. It doesn't matter to us beyond keeping the habit of winning going. They sure don't want to host the divisional playoff game coming off a 2 game losing streak.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
FYI:

Teams that have already clinched divisions:

Dallas, Seattle & Atlanta

Teams that have clinched a playoff spot:

New York

Teams in the running for the two remaining spots (one wildcard & one division):

GB (9-6)
Detroit (9-5)
Wash (8-6-1)
TB (8-7)**

** chances are so remote and complex, its not with the time to explain, they're basically done

Not really. Basically they just need to win against the Panthers and for BOTH the Packers and Redskins to lose. They would beat the Packers with the better conference record.

Top Bottom