Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I kind of felt we improved some after the draft but now that I'm looking at the starters on paper, I see one of the worst overall defenses in the NFL.

We are really counting on a lot of unknowns to step up and journeyman to hold the glue together.

It's kind of exciting and also kind of scary.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Idk, Antonio McClain is starting to excite me a little bit. He has talent and if anyone in the world is qualified to tap into it, it would be Marinelli.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll have to make a few training camp practices since I'll be in San Antonio.

Reaction score
Idk, Antonio McClain is starting to excite me a little bit. He has talent and if anyone in the world is qualified to tap into it, it would be Marinelli.

How do you know (suddenly Italian) McClain has talent? Where are you getting that about his talent? Based on what?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys Sign Free Agent DT Okoye
May 16, 2014 1:16 PM

IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Cowboys have signed free agent defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, 105.3 The Fan confirms.
Okoye, 26, was out of football in 2013 due to an undisclosed medical issue, but spent the two previous seasons in Chicago. He was originally drafted 10th overall by the Houston Texans in 2007.
Rod Marinelli, who was named the Cowboys defensive coordinator this offseason, previously coached Okoye in Chicago.
In 6 years, Okoye has collected 16 sacks and forced three fumbles.
He enjoyed his best season as a pass rusher in his rookie season, when he collected 5.5 sacks in 16 games. He followed that up with 5.5 sacks total over his next three seasons, leading to his release by the Texans in 2011.
The Nigeria native became the youngest athlete ever to appear in a collegiate game at the age of 16 in 2003. He spent four seasons at Louisville.
Dallas addressed their defensive needs in the draft. After selecting offensive tackle Zack Martin at No. 16 in the first round, the team finished the draft with seven of nine players on defense.
That included trading up to select Boise State defensive end Demarcus Lawrence with the 34th overall selection.

Reaction score
Snap judgment conclusions from some highlights on YouTube:

Will Smith has excellent movement to the ball but will need a great deal of coaching and training on the fundamentals of tackling. He gets there quickly but just pushes and shoves. Needs to hit and wrap up at the same time.

Ben Gardner should not play DT. He is fast enough to get to the edge and find the ball.

Ken Bishop is a beast. That low level competition that NIU faced made Bishop look like another prominent member of the clergy: a Deacon.

Terrance Mitchell is not tough. He is finesse, almost to a gender confusion, but he tracks and defends the pass well.

Dixon may just be the answer to the question that many of us have with Church.

Streets is terrible. Even his highlight film screams coward and weakling. That was a worse pick than Tee Willy.

Hitchens was like drafting a very good starting WLB in the 3rd round and then simultaneously drafting a solid backup at ILB in the 4th.

Does DeMarcus Lawrence seems like he is about 15 pounds underweight? He seems to have all of the power of Todd Pinkston.

Ben Malena is quick. He is like powdered chocolate milk flavoring. Keep him.

Top Bottom