Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're conflating two unrelated statements. Moving the goalposts.

My record on marrying players hasn't changed. No matter the player. As I posted earlier.

Would feel better about a Dak deal than I did with the Romo deal, but still against it.

OK. After a loss, I'm not going to argue and I agree with your post anyway.

In any event, just as I was starting to warm up to Dak after the last few weeks, he gives us yesterday. Thank God he had a decent completion percentage that we can point to and deflect any blame.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Hi Guys. As an outside observer of one of your div rivals, and therefore, not a Dak homer nor a hater, I will give my impartial opinion on your QB.

Dak was very, very, very lucky to be drafted by a team that has had one of the , if not the best OLs in the NFL these past 4yrs & a top 3 RB as well. Had he been drafted by the Browns in 2016', I really think he'd be outta football by now due them having an atrocious overall team.

Dak is a game manager due to the fact that w/o Zeke having a great game to keep the D honest, he cannot win games with his arm when the D stifles Zeke. Zeke got stuffed by the Rams last yr in the div rd, Dak could not put the team on his back & pull it out. Against NO on Sunday, same thing, Zeke got stuffed & Dak could not put the team on his back & beat a team playing w/o it's HOF QB, whom if he had played, your team probably gets romped.

Dak's W-L record & passing stats these past few yrs look pretty, but what have you won since 16'? If he had led the team to at least the NFCCG in 16' & last yr, I could see the argument for giving him the long term big $4 contract, but winning a WC game here & there is not what you pay a QB $40 mil a yr to do. Yeah, he has 32 wins, 2nd to TBs 35, but Brady also has 3 straight SB app while Dak has been home watching TB play in the big game the past 3 yrs. So plz, do not compare Dak to TB in any way shape or form. TB wins the big games by putting the team on his back when the run game is stale, I have yet to see Dak do that.

This season, he has put up great passing stats vs the likes of my Pygmies, the Skins & the fish, who at the end of week 3 were the 30th-31st & 32nd worst teams in the NFL. Not something I'd really be bragging about. Since we finally benched our statue at QB in week 3 with our #1 draft pick, we have been a different team & playing better football & I think when we play you again in Nov, you will see a very different Pygmies team than you did in the opener. Not saying we'll win, but it won't be as Dak was caught on the sidelines saying to his WRs, "was it easier than vs Philly'? Pygmies will make you earn the next win against us.

As far as your record of 3-1, I think your team is a paper tiger & it was proven when you finally had to play a good team such as the Saints & they beat you with a mediocre backup QB. That was a game that your team shoulda ran away with as a potential SB contender should do when playing a team's backup QB. If you had trouble beating a good team playing their backup QB, how will you do when playing a good team with their starting QB such as you will be doing this Sunday vs GB?

My team is in rebuilding mode so I expect us to maybe improve now that we have DJ at QB & hopefully can go 7-9 & with a good draft in 2020, start being a playoff contender next yr & a SB contender in 21". You guys on the other hand, have a team that's supposed to be a legit SB contender this yr as I really only see NO/GB & possibly Philly as your 3 main threats to the SB.

As for Dak, I'd let him play out the rest of his contract & prove that he has the ability to put this team on it's back & win games when Zeke is shut down. Way too many QBs in this league that have won jack shit are paid top $$ & I think it's BS. Used to be a time where you at least had to win a damn SB before you could command top $$.

Now you have guys like Jimmy G, Cousins, Dalton, Stafford, Wentz & a few others making $25 mil a yr & have like a combined 2 playoff wins amongst them. Even Goff is overpaid imo, he did jack shit vs NE D in the SB last yr.

Stafford is 68-76 and 0-3 in the playoffs, all 3 losses in the WC game, but he rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??
Cousins is 36-39 and 0-2 in the playoffs, both losses in the WC game, but he rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??
Jimmy G is 11-2 and 0 playoff wins, but rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??
Dalton A is 68-54 and 0-4 in the playoffs, all 4 losses in the WC game but rates $25 mil based on that resume??
Wentz is 25-19 and 0 playoff wins, but he rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??

So that's 5 QBs that are making $25 mil+ per yr that have a combined 0-9 playoff record with all the losses coming in the WC rd & yet are amongst the highest paid QBs in the game. This is total BS.

Dak is 35-17 thru 52 starts & has led the team to the playoffs 2x in the past 3 yrs with 2 div titles but is just 1-2 in the playoffs & not advancing past the div rd where he is 0-2. Sorry, that doesn't rate $30-$40 mil a yr in my book, $25 mil per yr max is what I'd offer him if he again fails to lead Dallas past the div rd again this yr.

Hell, Danny White had a career 62-30 record as your starter & led the team to 3 straight NFCCGs from 79'-81' & was 6-5 in the playoffs, way better W-L record & playoff record than Dak has put up. If Dak had done this the past 3 yrs, yeah, he'd be worth paying $35 mil a yr.

Bottom line, imo, Dak is not worth what he & his agent are asking, but as a Pygmies fan, I hope Skeletor is dumb enough to give it to him & he ties you down in being able to sign other key players due to how much $$ Dak is taking up. I also woulda told Zeke to sit out the season, but I guess Skeletor wants 1 more SB before he kicks the bucket & is desperate. See you guys in Nov!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hope Skeletor is dumb enough to give it to him & he ties you down in being able to sign other key players due to how much $$ Dak is taking up.

He is so its a foregone conclusion that Dak's gonna get paid

I really like the kid tho so its not the end of the world and gives me someone I like to root for since winning a SB is not an option because Dallas won't ever win anything as long as jeri demands things to be run like they've done for 25+ years

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't re-sign him until Garrett's fate is decided. Lincoln Riley might not come to Dallas if he doesn't think Dak can run his offense.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TB wins the big games by putting the team on his back when the run game is stale, I have yet to see Dak do that.

G, I'm at work or I'd give you a better response because I like most of your post and can respect your take on the situation. It's also OK to come out of the shadows when have a QB that provides a ray of light for your team. So welcome back....

I don't completely agree with the quoted part. Did you tune out the last game of the regular season last year? The one against the Giants where we had 51 yards rushing and Dak carried the offense with Zek on the sidelines? I have my doubts about Dak but his issue is not that he hasn't carried the team...he has. He just can't do it consistently thus far and that's why I can't consider him a franchise QB...at least not yet.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Did you tune out the last game of the regular season last year? The one against the Giants where we had 51 yards rushing and Dak carried the offense with Zek on the sidelines? I have my doubts about Dak but his issue is not that he hasn't carried the team...he has. He just can't do it consistently thus far and that's why I can't consider him a franchise QB...at least not yet.
Each and every time they cut Dak loose and let him throw downfield, he delivers just that way. The main problem he has is the "risk-averse" ginger head "coach." It's his 4th year, let him throw downfield! ATTACK instead of playing it "safe" all the time.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Hi everyone. No, I didn't tune out the last game vs NY. But every QB lit us up last yr, so that's no biggie. And we were a last place team he did it against. I wanna see Dak light up a playoff contender thru the air when Zeke is shut down & you're down 10+. I will eagerly be watching how he does vs NE in Nov in their house. That game will tell me a lot about your QB going up against what is possibly the best D in the NFL right now. I believe Belichick will be focused on shutting down Zeke & making Dak beat em thru the air. I'm hoping we have Saquan back for our game vs NE next Thur as that will at least take some pressure off DJ to have to win the game on his own. What do you guys think of our #6 pick? Legit or bust?

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I fully agree on having to wait till DJ has a 48 game body of work to come to the conclusion if he's the legit heir to the throne that Eli vacated or if he's a bust & we have to start all over again in our search for a #1 QB. Like I said before, NFL DCs will have a ton of film on him by yr's end & will know how to better defend against him next yr. Only exception to this rule imo would be is if he somehow were to guide us this yr to WC game & then next yr we were to win the div, then it would be safe to say he is the real deal. But in doing so, he would have to prove himself as being able to win games with his arm when Barkley is being held to under 50yds on the ground. So far he has won w/o Barkley in the lineup for the past 6 qts, lets' see how he does vs 2 very tough MINN/NE defenses.

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi Guys. As an outside observer of one of your div rivals, and therefore, not a Dak homer nor a hater, I will give my impartial opinion on your QB.

Dak was very, very, very lucky to be drafted by a team that has had one of the , if not the best OLs in the NFL these past 4yrs & a top 3 RB as well. Had he been drafted by the Browns in 2016', I really think he'd be outta football by now due them having an atrocious overall team.

Dak is a game manager due to the fact that w/o Zeke having a great game to keep the D honest, he cannot win games with his arm when the D stifles Zeke. Zeke got stuffed by the Rams last yr in the div rd, Dak could not put the team on his back & pull it out. Against NO on Sunday, same thing, Zeke got stuffed & Dak could not put the team on his back & beat a team playing w/o it's HOF QB, whom if he had played, your team probably gets romped.

Dak's W-L record & passing stats these past few yrs look pretty, but what have you won since 16'? If he had led the team to at least the NFCCG in 16' & last yr, I could see the argument for giving him the long term big $4 contract, but winning a WC game here & there is not what you pay a QB $40 mil a yr to do. Yeah, he has 32 wins, 2nd to TBs 35, but Brady also has 3 straight SB app while Dak has been home watching TB play in the big game the past 3 yrs. So plz, do not compare Dak to TB in any way shape or form. TB wins the big games by putting the team on his back when the run game is stale, I have yet to see Dak do that.

This season, he has put up great passing stats vs the likes of my Pygmies, the Skins & the fish, who at the end of week 3 were the 30th-31st & 32nd worst teams in the NFL. Not something I'd really be bragging about. Since we finally benched our statue at QB in week 3 with our #1 draft pick, we have been a different team & playing better football & I think when we play you again in Nov, you will see a very different Pygmies team than you did in the opener. Not saying we'll win, but it won't be as Dak was caught on the sidelines saying to his WRs, "was it easier than vs Philly'? Pygmies will make you earn the next win against us.

As far as your record of 3-1, I think your team is a paper tiger & it was proven when you finally had to play a good team such as the Saints & they beat you with a mediocre backup QB. That was a game that your team shoulda ran away with as a potential SB contender should do when playing a team's backup QB. If you had trouble beating a good team playing their backup QB, how will you do when playing a good team with their starting QB such as you will be doing this Sunday vs GB?

My team is in rebuilding mode so I expect us to maybe improve now that we have DJ at QB & hopefully can go 7-9 & with a good draft in 2020, start being a playoff contender next yr & a SB contender in 21". You guys on the other hand, have a team that's supposed to be a legit SB contender this yr as I really only see NO/GB & possibly Philly as your 3 main threats to the SB.

As for Dak, I'd let him play out the rest of his contract & prove that he has the ability to put this team on it's back & win games when Zeke is shut down. Way too many QBs in this league that have won jack shit are paid top $$ & I think it's BS. Used to be a time where you at least had to win a damn SB before you could command top $$.

Now you have guys like Jimmy G, Cousins, Dalton, Stafford, Wentz & a few others making $25 mil a yr & have like a combined 2 playoff wins amongst them. Even Goff is overpaid imo, he did jack shit vs NE D in the SB last yr.

Stafford is 68-76 and 0-3 in the playoffs, all 3 losses in the WC game, but he rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??
Cousins is 36-39 and 0-2 in the playoffs, both losses in the WC game, but he rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??
Jimmy G is 11-2 and 0 playoff wins, but rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??
Dalton A is 68-54 and 0-4 in the playoffs, all 4 losses in the WC game but rates $25 mil based on that resume??
Wentz is 25-19 and 0 playoff wins, but he rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??

So that's 5 QBs that are making $25 mil+ per yr that have a combined 0-9 playoff record with all the losses coming in the WC rd & yet are amongst the highest paid QBs in the game. This is total BS.

Dak is 35-17 thru 52 starts & has led the team to the playoffs 2x in the past 3 yrs with 2 div titles but is just 1-2 in the playoffs & not advancing past the div rd where he is 0-2. Sorry, that doesn't rate $30-$40 mil a yr in my book, $25 mil per yr max is what I'd offer him if he again fails to lead Dallas past the div rd again this yr.

Hell, Danny White had a career 62-30 record as your starter & led the team to 3 straight NFCCGs from 79'-81' & was 6-5 in the playoffs, way better W-L record & playoff record than Dak has put up. If Dak had done this the past 3 yrs, yeah, he'd be worth paying $35 mil a yr.

Bottom line, imo, Dak is not worth what he & his agent are asking, but as a Pygmies fan, I hope Skeletor is dumb enough to give it to him & he ties you down in being able to sign other key players due to how much $$ Dak is taking up. I also woulda told Zeke to sit out the season, but I guess Skeletor wants 1 more SB before he kicks the bucket & is desperate. See you guys in Nov!

Kirk Cousins is stealing money from the good people of Minnesota. Andy Dalton already stole money from the Bengals. Jimmy G? Time will tell. Wentz? Well, he did get the Eagles started on their journey to a Super Bowl. But can he take the constant pounding?

One of the problems with my Cowboys is Jerry Jones. He pays millions upon millions to 2nd level players. No other front office would keep Jason Garrett as coach. Jones is telling the fans that it's okay to be mediocre three straight years (8-8). Just because Jones has three SB wins as an owner, doesn't mean that he can rest on his laurels. He is too busy buying a million dollar yacht.

As for Dak, he works hard and has a good work ethic. Plus he is a good guy. Who in the world compares him to Tom Brady? I certainly don't. Not even in the same stratosphere. There is still growth for Dak. Yes, he is a winner but can he put a team on his back? Right now, that is a NO.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
62c8d126946bb0d491b8090b69f86b53.jpg

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dak will get his cash
Not after today
Cooper has to catch it but fuck make it easy on the man and its 6...
Oh and throw a decent ball and its....6!!
Dak is around $25-$30M tops
And honestly how does this Oline suck such ass when losing 1 guy?
Lincoln Riley...it's Jerrah on line 1!!
Please fucken' pick up?

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
I'm not sold that Dak is the franchise QB for America's Team.

Trade him to JAX, or keep him as a back-up QB. But until Jerrah gets a new Head Coach, none of that will matter. So a new coach must come first. But please, let him be better than Gailey-Campo-Phillips!!

Macksfield

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Dak is a great athlete. To start in the NFL is something only a few folks in the world will ever do. Unfortunately he is not a top tier QB or a top ten QB. I know folks say, "but the stats say otherwise". But just because Bill Gates net worth is larger than over 100 countries GDP, this does not make him a country. He is still Bill Gates. We have had a number of games where a top ten QB would have most likely given us a win. It's a game of inches and a game of tiny degrees of a thrown football. I wish Dak the best, but I would have already brought in some competition at QB.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
These last 2 games vs playoff caliber opponents has shown what I said about Dallas being a paper tiger. 3-0 vs bottom tier teams, 0-2 vs playoff contenders. This was the game where I expected Dak to show that he is a elite, top 5 QB in the NFL by carrying the team on his back down 28 with plenty of time left in the game. The run game was pretty much rendered useless when down 4 scores, so coach clapper should have been just having Dak throw on every down as running the ball would work in the Pack's favor as it would kill time. Dak is now what, 1-3 vs AR & GB. If you guys make the playoffs, GB is more than likely gonna be in your path to the SB. And having the game in Dallas means nothing as AR is 3-0 there. 2 of the 3 picks were Dak's fault as 1 was just a great defensive play by the GB DB. Your DL can be run on & that will prove fatal in the playoffs when you face top tier RBs & OLs. Your schedule is now a lot tougher with only the Jets/Skins being an easy win for you the rest of the way. You have Philly twice, NE, Chi, Minn, Det, & the Rams. If we have Barkley back in time for our Monday niter, we should prove much tougher to beat as we now don't have the slow footed mummy behind center anymore.

NE is also fattening their record playing nothing but bad teams in the 1st half of the season & will more than likely be 8-0 before facing a 5 game stretch of Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans & KC. I can see em dropping 2 maybe 3 of these games but more than likely they will once again finish 13-3 & the #1 seed with HFA & once again go to the SB. Only NFC team I see having a shot at beating them is the Saints.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
NE has basically the run of the NFL. They have just about 6 free wins a year with the Dolphins Jets and Bills. It's like they get to play the AZ Cardinals of the 80's and early 90's 6 times a year.

Smokey-hayes

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm not fitting him for anything, but the realities of the QB market mean we probably sign him to a long term high dollar deal.

It happened with Romo, and there were very few if any objections. In fact I was an outlier, knew it was a mistake. Of course, I was correct. Nothing good happened.

On Dak I much more like his true dedication to the game, his work ethic and the fact that he seems to take it at least as seriously as I do. Never could say that for Romo, the "if losing is the worst that can happen to me," what me worry worthless fuck.

I see no choice for Dallas than to go all-in on Dak at this point. It's just reality.

Tell you the truth, I like our chances with him better than I ever did with Romo.
We don’t have much choice do we I think it’s time for a lot of the coaches to move on Garret being the first to go.

Top Bottom