MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
His supporting cast is why we won those games. He was God awful without Zeke and until he got someone that could catch the ball he threw 5 yards and turn it into a 50 yard gain he was pedestrian.

So you think this team would be just as good with Cooper Rush at QB? Is that what you’re saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
His supporting cast is why we won those games. He was God awful without Zeke and until he got someone that could catch the ball he threw 5 yards and turn it into a 50 yard gain he was pedestrian.

The whole team was bad without Zeke those 6 games, especially the OL. It wasn't just Prescott. That Atlanta game was almost solely on the OL and extremely bad coaching, and they were almost as bad the following week.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So you think this team would be just as good with Cooper Rush at QB? Is that what you’re saying?

Yeah anybody that believes that should be drug tested.

Prescott is not a Troy Aikman, but he is also FAR from a Quincy Carter, which seems to be what some idiots believe.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Prescott is not a Troy Aikman, but he is also FAR from a Quincy Carter, which seems to be what some idiots believe.

These are all fantasies you guys make up in your own mind to make Prescott more palatable. He's not QC and no one wants Cooper Rush over Prescott. It's called a false narrative but whatever makes people feel better. Hey, Dak's better than Cooper Rush!!!!

We could upgrade the QB position if we were really serious about it. I wouldn't accept a mid-tier QB.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
These are all fantasies you guys make up in your own mind to make Prescott more palatable. He's not QC and no one wants Cooper Rush over Prescott. It's called a false narrative but whatever makes people feel better. Hey, Dak's better than Cooper Rush!!!!

We could upgrade the QB position if we were really serious about it. I wouldn't accept a mid-tier QB.

How could they upgrade the QB position without waiting the current talent on the team?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How could they upgrade the QB position without waiting the current talent on the team?

So the answer is to waste that talent with a mid-range QB? That makes no sense.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jerry and company hit the brakes when they saw what Wentz got. No way do they feel like this fraud is a 30 plus million dollar QB but that's what they'll have to pay for their lack of foresight.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So the answer is to waste that talent with a mid-range QB? That makes no sense.

This is the list of QB’s drafted from 15 to 32 since the 2000 NFL Draft: Paxton Lynch, Johnny Menziel, EJ Manuel, Brandon Weeden, Christian Ponder, Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Brady Quinn, Aaro Rodgers, Jason Campbell, JP.Losman, Kyle Bollar, Rex Grossman, Patrick Ramsey, Chad Pennington, and Teddy Bridgewater.

Tim Tebow, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Rex Grossman, Patrick Ramsey, Chad Pennington, and Teddy Bridgewater. That’s 7 out of 17 QB’s that would be adequate QB’s in the first round. Those are guys that either came out got their rookie season: Tebow, Pennington, and Bridgewater.

Guys that had an ok career for a couple of seasons (not necessarily his rookie season): Pennington, Campbell, Grossman, and Ramsey.

Guys that sucked: Lynch, Manziel, Manuel, Weeden, Ponder, Freeman, Quinn, and Bollar.

And 2 Super Bowl winners: Flacco and Rodgers.

Ok, so what are my honest thoughts after looking at those guys. 7 out of 17 is not a good percentage.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I can't speak for him, but I would say absolutely not. But you're using a terrible QB as an example. I think Dak is good, but I think the talent on this team dresses him up a bit. Take the 2011, '12, and '13 teams. I don't believe Dak wins 8 games in any of those seasons. Lucky he wins 6. Romo passed for just over 500 yards in one of those games and the Cowboys still lost.

But as of right now the Cowboys don't have much of a choice. They risk losing the few years they have with this talent trying to find another QB if they dump Dak. There are rarely guarantees in the draft, but we can be sure Dallas would pay through the nose trading up.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I'm sold now, 40 mill is a bargain!

"Negotiating and business". Call it what it is, idiocy. Even if that is their end game, it's still too damn much for what he's worth, market be damned. Not to mention it's going to make it that much harder to sign Zeke. And Cooper. And put anything around them. They need to decide if they want to win or if they just want to be rich.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"Negotiating and business". Call it what it is, idiocy. Even if that is their end game, it's still too damn much for what he's worth, market be damned. Not to mention it's going to make it that much harder to sign Zeke. And Cooper. And put anything around them. They need to decide if they want to win or if they just want to be rich.

These fucking players need to understand that playing for the Cowboys affords them more outside financial opportunities than any other team in the league (and perhaps on the planet) and this is only magnified if they could ever win again. Therefore, every player should play for the Cowboys at a discount knowing a better overall team helps lengthen their career and increase their chances of winning which will result in even more $$ from multiple sources both now and long after their career is over. Plus if jeri has a brain (debatable) he can use his yacht, plane and helicopter as extra goodies that only Cowboy players can use.

Instead, the jones will pay at or above market because they don't have a clue how to evaluate talent and fall in love with their players believing the hype on their players causing them to not get a discount & over pay (but it does appear Stephen is trying to avoid this).

I say let Dak play out his contract and franchise him the next 2 years. It'll be an average cost of $20 million per season which will give the team the money they need to give Dak weapons (which he should realize helps him make more $$).

This is a no brainer given the numbers being thrown around and if he claims to have the balls to hold out, call his bluff and let him stew. He'd be walking away from 30 million next year if he tried and I don't believe he has it in him to sit out an entire season

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you think maybe the cowboys leaked this ? negotiating is starting high and agreeing to less, but the $40m is too high and has the league laughing and the fanbase starting to scoff dak's greed and unwillingness to take a "hometown discount."

thebowmanbody

Spectator
Reaction score
Prescott is a mid-tier guy. This kind of money is insane. The NFL is going to end up in big trouble paying top dollar to the Daks of the world. Bring back the BETTER NFL of the 80's and 90's please.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If Dak is looking for that kind of money the Cowboys can be in serious trouble if they pay it out. They won't be able to hold on to key players and be stuck with a slightly above average QB.

Still the Cowboys have a problem. They need a QB. They better start looking into his replacement if he holds out on what looks like the franchise tag next year.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score

Umm. Quincy was on some REALLY SHITTY TEAMS. Dak walked into the best O Line, and the best Running Back in the League that was all set to take Romo to the Superbowl before that fateful preseason game. You just cannot compare what Quincy Carter was capable of doing on a team as shitty as the team he was part of. Now don't get me wrong. I knew Quincy as shit when we drafted him. But Jerrah wanted his poor man's Mike Vick.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Ever notice how his defenders call him a "winner" but not an "elite, franchise quarterback"?

Top Bottom