yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

this shit has gotta stop

I wonder why this is so hard for him, seems like a learned skill that can be mastered through repetition. He obviously has poise so I cant chalk stuff like this up to nerves, its strange

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak's a dink and Dak QB that has had the benefit of pretty good defense that protected his 21 and 22 points per game average offense the last 2 years. That's bottom third of the NFL. They'll pay him like a top 5 QB and he's a mid level QB, at best. When your best player is a RB, you've got the wrong QB.

I think we know a pretty significant part of the problem is the Red Stooge in charge though.

Also don't agree with that last part of your post at all.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dont worry, in a year or two, the nfl will be all jump ball pass interference penalties down field. the qb position will be far less important !

now is the time to start investing in referees

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Not entirely sold, no. Pretty sure his stats will never set the world on fire on a regular basis, and he's horribly inaccurate at times.
Hard to argue with his W-L record so far though.
He played pretty good down the stretch last year and I'll be interested to see how he does with more than 4 plays in the playbook.
Can't forget Ginger Marvin Lewis, either. Dead certain I'm sold on that asshole, he keeps us from having a coach.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think we know a pretty significant part of the problem is the Red Stooge in charge though.

Also don't agree with that last part of your post at all.

Which part? The part where he's a mid level QB or the part about the RB being the best player on the team? Statistically speaking, both points are accurate.

Macksfield

Cheerleader
Reaction score
That’s entirely possible. Every QB (not named Tom Brady) has made mistakes late in big games. So there is absolutely a chance that happens. There is also a chance that as Dak goes into his 4th, 5th, and 6th seasons he will improve. You know, players can improve as they gain experience. So just as likely as it is that he throws a duck it’s also very likely that he throws one deep to Cooper for a big gain just like he did twice against Philly last year. You are entirely possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quack, Is that how you frame the debate, simple little "mistakes", quack. Did you see Garrett and Dak competing after practice, throwing, Quack, the ball? You know who consistently won that little, quack, competition, right. The 2ND string QB, quack, won the accuracy competition,.quaaack.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Quack, Is that how you frame the debate, simple little "mistakes", quack. Did you see Garrett and Dak competing after practice, throwing, Quack, the ball? You know who consistently won that little, quack, competition, right. The 2ND string QB, quack, won the accuracy competition,.quaaack.

You sound like an idiot.

Macksfield

Cheerleader
Reaction score
No, just an observation.

Just for the record I like Dak, seems like a nice guy and obviously an elite athlete. But Im not sold on him as a top tier QB. You can make a case for both sides. I don't believe his good stats tell the whole story.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Just for the record I like Dak, seems like a nice guy and obviously an elite athlete. But Im not sold on him as a top tier QB. You can make a case for both sides. I don't believe his good stats tell the whole story.

True, I don’t think anyone would or should put him in the class of a Brady, Rodgers, or Brees. 3 years into his career though I think he can be put in a similar class to where Ben and Russell were when they were 3 years into their career. The biggest difference is they had far superior coaching and better teams around them. Both of those guys still had huge question marks on them 3 years into their careers.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I absolutely think he should use his legs more because he’s a threat with his legs. I’m not saying he needs to run the ball 25 times a game but there are a handful of times where he should definitely take off. He’s smart when he runs and slides to avoid big hits. He’s shown that he can make big plays with his legs so why would you want to take that away from him?

He’ll never be Rodgers, Brady, or Brees with his arm. That’s obvious. He can get better though. You mention Big Ben. If there is anyone in this league that Dak is similar to its him. In Ben’s first three years he was a bus driver. He wasn’t out there slinging it around when he got that first Super Bowl. He had a great team around him with a great defense. His job was to manage the game and not fuck up. Sound familiar? As he gained experience his passing improved. That is the hope for Dak. He’s shown he can play in this league.

Let me ask you a question? Are you prepared to waist the team they have now to start over at QB? If not Dak the. What is YOUR plan for a QB? Because with the team they have now you’re not getting a top 5 pick to go draft a Baker Mayfield or Pat Mahommes. You’re also not prying Rodgers away from Green Bay or Brees away from New Orleans. So what’s your plan? Let Dak walk and draft a QB late in the 1st and hope that he has a start to his career like Dak did? So you plan to groom a guy for 4-5 years? Because if that’s your plan then this team’s window is likely closed. Realistically this team is primed to win right now. They will have about a 4 year window and right now Dak is their best realistic option. He has the leadership skills and we know that he won’t fuck it all up. I agree that he likely won’t win you the game with his arm but he’s definitely not going to lose you the game either. He’s going to rely on the best players on this team to do that. I guarantee you that if this team had a guy out there slinging it around and blowing games at the end by throwing int’s you would be screaming why aren’t they running it more when they have the best running back and OL in the NFL. We had that guy already in Romo and how many rings did he get?

Team's window also closes as soon as he signs the $30M/yr contract....so basically were fucked either way but I would go the route of letting Dak play out his final season rather than pay the $30M/yr...I don't see any other team ponying that kind of cash for him but there are some dummies out there including our own Jerrah!!
I liked the contract outlined in an another post but highly doubt Dak will go for that
I guess the question comes down to, pay Dak and hope (and we all know hope is not a strategy) that he progresses to the point where he can carry a team on his own or have a plan in place for 2020

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And as soon as Dak signs that deal Wentz will beat it by about $10 mil more a season.

At least we have that to look forward to...though the Eagles seem to manage this cap infinitely better then our beloved Jones'!!!

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Uninformed? How am I uninformed? You don’t seriously think they are just going to let Dak walk and draft some time guy late in the first round do you. If that’s what you believe then sorry son, you’re the one misinformed. You have to be living in some fantasy world where they are going to ditch Dak and go draft some elite prospect that will lead them to the promised land. I never said “go root for another team”, I honestly don’t give a crap if you root for the Cowboys or not. I will root for them.

I personally don’t believe Dak is this horrible QB that should be compared to Quincy Carter like some here have done. Is he an elite passer? Hell no. But he is adequate. He’s good enough for this team to win. They’ve been in the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years and if not for Zeke’s legal issues it would have been 3 years straight. Coaching has held this team back not Dak.

So if you want to quit following the team, that’s on you. All I’m saying is Dak is going to get signed, that’s a fact. Get used to it, or don’t. Again, no sweat off my back.

Key in that post is "if not for Zeke's legal issues it would have been 3 years straight"... which is why the money should go to Zeke and not Dak
This team runs through Zeke period
I'm resigned to the fact that he will get the $30M/yr and to me it's the same as letting play out his final year and having a plan in 2020 for another QB as both scenarios basically close our Super Bowl window with the current team as is

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know they're going to end up paying him some ridiculous amount. But I'm curious about one thing. How many teams right now are in the market for a starting QB that would pay Dak 30M a year if Dallas doesn't?
DING, DING, DING, DING, DING winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The difference between Minny’s situation with Cousins and Dallas’ situation with Dak is that in Dallas they know what they have in Dak. He’s not an unknown commodity and they know he fits their system. He’s guided them to the playoffs in 2 or the last 3 seasons and would have been 3 straight seasons if not for Zeke’s legal issues.

As for teams that would likely pay Dak right now... Raiders, Cincy, and possibly Denver and the Bucs. Every other team is already set at QB or has a young prospect they really like.

Unlikely they pay $30M/yr and check out the teams you mentioned from a talent standpoint!!!
Dak would get eaten alive playing for any of those teams and he'd be out of football in 2-3yrs...

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
At least we have that to look forward to...though the Eagles seem to manage this cap infinitely better then our beloved Jones'!!!

They are actually managing it the same way. They cleared cap space this year by pushing money 2-3 years down the road. That’s what got the Cowboys in cap hell during the Campo years.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They are actually managing it the same way. They cleared cap space this year by pushing money 2-3 years down the road. That’s what got the Cowboys in cap hell during the Campo years.

Well then let's hope the Egirls are heading down the same path...

thebowmanbody

Spectator
Reaction score
We can win with Dak

He has proven that the one thing he can do is win games.

Is he a top ten QB?
No

Is he accurate?
Not nearly as accurate as we would like

But shittier QB’s have won Super Bowls before. Just ask Flacco or Trent Dilfer for gods sake!

Dak won’t be the reason we lose in the post season.

Coaching will!

Until we change the HC we may never really know how good of a QB Dak can become.

If we don’t get a HC that will play to Dak’s strengths instead of trying to turn him into something he is not (a pocket passer) then Dak will have already reached his peak as a QB
Flacco is a lot better than Dilfer. Flacco was ON FIRE during the 2012 playoffs. The road win at Denver was nothing short of amazing.

Top Bottom