cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This isn't pick 14, assume we made our pick there. For the sake of argument let's say we drafted David DeCastro (suck it Bob) there. This is for the guy who we like that starts slipping into the bottom of the 1st round.

Last year, we supposedly attempted to move up for Mark Ingram or Cameron Jordan.

Who do you make that move for?

Who do you think Jerry will make that move for?

Keep in mind the Saints jumped up from pick 56 (we have pick 45) to pick 28 and it cost them the next year's #1.

miked88

Spectator
Reaction score
Feel like Jerry will go for Brockers/Poe or Barron depending on how far they fall. Long shot though:Dre Kirkpatrick but only because he could play free.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Konz is an obvious one. Brockers if he fell into the 20's would be ideal, especially if the first pick were an OL or some other defensive position other than DL.

I also think its interesting that TE coach John Garrett personally attended Stanford's proday, and spent alot of time with Fleener. Fleener might go late 1st or very early 2nd at the latest now. To my knowledge he didnt attend the prodays of Dwayne Allen or Orson Charles.

If by some miracle Barron made it into the 20's, he'd be a no brainer trade up. But I dont see him getting out of the mid teens.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Konz could be there. Callahan might fight for him.

I think some other names could be: Stephon Gilmore, Chandler Jones, Shea McClellin (who some teams absolutely love).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think some other names could be: Stephon Gilmore, Chandler Jones, Shea McClellin (who some teams absolutely love).

I like those 3 guys, but I'd be pretty bummed if we moved back up into the first for any of them. Gilmore might be the exception, just not sure how he'd get on the field enough this yr to justify the move unless 1) they were going to turn around and trade Jenkins or 2) a couple guys got hurt.

Reaction score
I'm not losing a #1 next year for a center. Not after we spent #14 on DeCastro.

Now, you tell me we draft Cox at 14, then maybe I could buy in.

Otherwise... if any of the Alabama defenders are there, I wouldn't hate it. Barron, Hightower, Kirkpatrick, Upshaw. In that order.

I'd even add Coby Fleener from Stanford to the list.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Both Jones and McClellin wil be and/or should be in the 2nd.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Coby Fleener..might even be available (actually i expect him to be) in the early 2nd..move up and get him

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Both Jones and McClellin wil be and/or should be in the 2nd.

Different teams have very different grades on players. Remember in 2010, we had a Top 15 grade on Sean Lee and waited him out and got him at 55 (moved up from 59) where as last year we tried more than once to jump way up and draft Mark Ingram or Cameron Jordan. We may have a high grade on Jones, Branch (doubt it because he sucks), McLellan or someone else we aren't discussing. The Cowboys board is a mystery, except to that jerk theebs who likes to keep that info to himself.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Different teams have very different grades on players. Remember in 2010, we had a Top 15 grade on Sean Lee and waited him out and got him at 55 (moved up from 59) where as last year we tried more than once to jump way up and draft Mark Ingram or Cameron Jordan. We may have a high grade on Jones, Branch (doubt it because he sucks), McLellan or someone else we aren't discussing. The Cowboys board is a mystery, except to that jerk theebs who likes to keep that info to himself.

FUCKING THEEEEEEEEEEEEEBS!!!

Reaction score
If Fleener is available to the Gmen, theyd draft him. I'd jump back into the first for Michael Brockers. I expect him to fall into the 20s.

Top Bottom