Reaction score
What was the last thing that you built?

I'm talking about a project that required a hammer and/or a drill. Kits count, but bonus point are awarded for projects you designed yourself. ... what was it and how long ago?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I remodelled a house.

I was also super proud when I changed the rotors/brakes on my truck.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The last thing I personally built was a display board for my business.

It was something small enough to tote around to home shows.

Basically a 3'x 3' roof with rain gutter system.

It was functional. Pretty neat. I ran some clear plastic line under the ridge cap that had holes in it to simulate rain. I hooked up a swamp cooler pump to the line and set it in a deep pan.

The water would run down the roof, into the raingutter, out the downspout, back into the deep pan.

Edit: probably a year or so ago.

Reaction score
To seriously answer the question, two nights ago I built one of those pre-fabricated shelving units that had all the pieces, parts, and handy-dandy directions.

Didn't take me long because I've got skills.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Helped my dad build an additional room on to my house by converting a screened in patio to a regular room.

And I am constantly fixing or messing with my fence

Reaction score
Maybe if you didn't suck at building stuff you wouldn't have to keep constantly fixing your fence.

You're not even a real man.

Reaction score
I own an insurance restoration company that does water damage remediation and reconstruction. Occasionally I still get out there and do some remodeling and such but my company pretty much runs on it's own these days.

I also am the head of football operations and HC at a private school. This does not require building anything but I thought you should know.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Last thing I built was a pergola for my Dad. I built from design all the way to the wiring of it for electricity. My BIL (electrician) did help with tying in to the house's main breaker box, but everything else was done by my hands. Picture below of the finished product.

pergola-1.jpg

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Here it is before the lighting went in. Still looks like shit, but I can only please so many people.

pergola3.jpg

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe if you didn't suck at building stuff you wouldn't have to keep constantly fixing your fence.

You're not even a real man.

u try living on black clay that shifts with the weather. It can be miserable.
and its really just my gate because I didnt put a steel pole in the ground and its an oversized gate that is too damn heavy.

Top Bottom