cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I guess you have sources that says Brinkley was signed to actually play a significant role.

Dude might not even make the team out of training camp. Quit being a whiny bitch.

So in the first few days of free agency we are signing dudes who might not make the team? Seems to contradict your "everything we do is magic" message. Why would our amazing Front Office sign free agents who won't make the team?

Quit being a blind homer and nonstop apologist you nutless fucking pussy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So in the first few days of free agency we are signing dudes who might not make the team? Seems to contradict your "everything we do is magic" message. Why would our amazing Front Office sign free agents who won't make the team?

Quit being a blind homer and nonstop apologist you nutless fucking pussy.

This kind of shit doesn't even warrant a real response anymore, it's honestly one of the more old and fucktarded arguments anyone makes anywhere in these forums.

None of my responses to anything in this thread would be blind homer b/s. I have stated numerous times I was hoping we'd see a couple of decent defensive adds this offseason. So far we haven't, but most of the guys we supposedly liked got deals that were pretty expensive relative to the types of players they are. I'd prefer they don't overpay for average to above average players, that's the way most well run franchises handle things. That's definitely not something you could say about this team in the past, because they did tend to overpay for guys that either weren't as good as they thought or in some cases, overpaid when they may have been bidding against nobody.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I was excited about next season until I read all the expert opinions here about how awful we'll be

What is exciting about watching your favorite team being dismantled after they finally put together a decent team?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What is exciting about watching your favorite team being dismantled after they finally put together a decent team?

We've lost one guy we really wanted to keep, maybe two if you count Durant.

Losing Murray is big, but he plays a position that can be somewhat easily replaced. Maybe no one player replaces all he did by himself, but I do firmly believe we'll have success running the ball with the people we trot out there.

Durant was playing well last yr but we adapted without him and if Lee is healthy, he's a substantial upgrade there.

Parnell was nice depth, but we can replace the 3rd OT I would think

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
We've lost one guy we really wanted to keep, maybe two if you count Durant.

Losing Murray is big, but he plays a position that can be somewhat easily replaced. Maybe no one player replaces all he did by himself, but I do firmly believe we'll have success running the ball with the people we trot out there.

Durant was playing well last yr but we adapted without him and if Lee is healthy, he's a substantial upgrade there.

Parnell was nice depth, but we can replace the 3rd OT I would think
I don't even consider Lee as being a player that should be counted on for anything. The few games that he plays are just a bonus and another quality LB is needed to replace him after he gets injured. Durant and Melton are the only two players that I would have let walk other than Murray. I would have kept Parnell over Free due to Free's age and average play. Anyway it goes, a top swing tackle is hard to find. I have wanted Murray gone and replaced since the beginning of the season and replaced with a better, younger RB without the fumble issues. These players were solid role players and that is something Dallas has not usually had. They made a difference and will be missed. As of now, the LB positions have one starter, Hitchens , that can be depended on. Dallas is not good enough or deep enough to let many players walk without it hurting. It sure hurts when they are not replacing them. The draft sure can't be counted on to fill these holes. It is rare when rookies can step in with quality play. Dallas is not good enough or smart enough to go through the offseason with their finger up their ass and do nothing.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
As of right now... For the most part I'd like to see us continue on the same path as far as free agents go. Bargain hunt. Our FO has proven over the past couple years to be pretty good at it and I'd like to see us continue that rather than overpaying for a guy because we feel desperate to make a splash at this point.

I'd like to see us grab a few vets and fill some holes so we don't go into the draft feeling obligated. Mainly in positions along the DLine (nt,de), also maybe another LBer like McClain but I also think we'll address that position in the draft. We have a history looking to the second round for that position. Backup OL is always smart, maybe a FA and I'd like to grab a young guy to groom behind Free via the draft. And a RB obviously but through the draft as well.

Top Bottom