ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You say I'm on board. ... I Wouldn't go that far. .. Im all for . Rebuilding... Trying to build via the draft... I have no idea if that's their plan, if it is, then yes, I'm on board.. But im not so sure it's the plan...
I see this written a lot but I don't really understand it... We're going to have a draft anyway, and it's not like we get extra picks for letting players go. Or like we're going to try extra hard to draft well because Hatcher and Ware are gone.

If you mean to trade the players we do have for picks, or use them to move up in the draft, I can get that.

Really, as long as you have a franchise QB and a few other players around, which we do and have for the last several years, I don't think you tear it all down. I don't think you try to "rebuild" until you're in a situation like with Jimmy and Herschel where you have such a bad team that it can't possibly win anyway and a vet player or two who will be too old to be any good by the time the rest of the team becomes competitive.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I see this written a lot but I don't really understand it... We're going to have a draft anyway, and it's not like we get extra picks for letting players go. Or like we're going to try extra hard to draft well because Hatcher and Ware are gone.

If you mean to trade the players we do have for picks, or use them to move up in the draft, I can get that.

Really, as long as you have a franchise QB and a few other players around, which we do and have for the last several years, I don't think you tear it all down. I don't think you try to "rebuild" until you're in a situation like with Jimmy and Herschel where you have such a bad team that it can't possibly win anyway and a vet player or two who will be too old to be any good by the time the rest of the team becomes competitive.

What's so hard to get? You let go of good players and you win less Games.. That's called tanking...

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL Ok, I didn't get that you were going to lose on purpose.

Still don't think you do that as long as Romo has life. And when he can't play anymore, you won't have to try to lose. :(

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's the only way to rebuild, unfortunately... You kind of have to hit rock bottom first.. We aren't managed properly to do it any other way

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Agree that there is no grand plan, other than just staying afloat as best we can.

I do think we want Hatcher back, but I'm sure we don't know what we'll do if he and Melton are gone.

Panic. And reach for a DT in the draft, no matter what.

Spend weeks craving after Aaron Donald, then panic when he is taken right in front of our noses. The usual freak out.

I also think Jerry has a plan to pay Dez insane money when it's time, and we aren't that far away from that time.

Yeah, starting to think they are banking money to pay him and Tyron Smith.

That's the plan, although they will never admit it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The strategy is to keep the explosive offense more or less intact, which leads to disappointing yet "exciting" 8-8 seasons and more butts in the seats at AT&T stadium.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Did you guys know that the Redskins have both Bruce Allen and AJ Smith in their front office? holy crap.

Reaction score
And Dallas has Cheech and Chong or Weeden Stepnoski or any 2 names that bring to mind brainlessness.

Top Bottom