Reaction score
Somewhere Mark Stepnoski paused from his bag of Doritos and raised his fist to cheer on the signing. This signing all about that fatuous and outdated offense that Jason refuses to change. #dallasfirst round pickin 2015.

Last edited:

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Was Jordan Palmer busy?
Actually he's under contract with the Bears.

This signing is fun to laugh at but I am not too worried about it.

We have had bigger clowns employed in bigger positions on this team than Weeden.

Reaction score
I bet our shitty lifetime 3rd string Ginger coach is elated to have found his equally talented twin.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
At least we got a good, young QB to groom.
lkrost1.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't really see why so many (not necessarily here, but 14+ page of fucktards whining at CZ) about a guy who was a 1st rd pick two years ago getting a 2yr deal here for peanuts.

I mean really, have some of these people even seen him play or looked at his actual stats? The guys had two really bad games in his career, and one of them was his first NFL start in week one as a rookie. On the other hand he's also had a number of pretty good games (both games as a rookie vs Zimmer's Bungles defense, against Indy, against us and the almighty fat Rob)

I have no idea whether he'd ever amount to anything other than a career backup, but even if that's all he were (Orton's replacement) then it'd be a decent signing. If the guy just cant play, he'll be gone.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
For me, Its the fact that we alrdy have Orton and Weeden is 30. If I have a team, my 3rd string QB is a developmental guy who is 21-22.

But you're right, he's really not a bad backup.. I just hope they have enough sense at this point to dump Orton. And maybe that's the case. Release Orton, clear up a little extra cap room to fix this dline and get Melton in here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For me, Its the fact that we alrdy have Orton and Weeden is 30. If I have a team, my 3rd string QB is a developmental guy who is 21-22.

But you're right, he's really not a bad backup.. I just hope they have enough sense at this point to dump Orton. And maybe that's the case. Release Orton, clear up a little extra cap room to fix this dline and get Melton in here.

I kinda wonder if that's not in their minds.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Doubt it. Jerry is proud to be paying Orton $3 million a year for doing nothing. He said it himself.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think this is a signing to get up in arms about. It is for the vet min, right? They can cut him anytime, no big deal.

I think they had problems just having camp arms that could complete passes last year so this should help with that and if they can dump Orton and save some cash, so be it.

Plus Wade Wilson + Jason Garrett coaching him up

Reaction score
Would have liked to see a young guy developed but then junk just reminded me who's on the development team.

Reaction score
Isn't Weeden the numbnuts that threw that backhanded pass when he was on the run that was intercepted and run back for a TD last season?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Isn't Weeden the numbnuts that threw that backhanded pass when he was on the run that was intercepted and run back for a TD last season?

I think it might have been.

Also pretty sure that Favre guy had a number of those.

Top Bottom