superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The same crayton that's been Mia since we dropped him ?

Eli can play, he's only got like 40 more picks than romo in 30 more games . He's not far behind romo in all other categories . Romos only a little better .

Which keeps going back to - the teams are basically even. There's a reason why the only way the Giants have won two SBs recently is by having to get by us narrowly first. We're even. They get lucky, we don't. There isn't any real explanation or thing you can point to that makes them better than us.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry is a salesman...he sells pipe dreams to millions of people....he's the best in the nfl at it

Reaction score
Which keeps going back to - the teams are basically even. There's a reason why the only way the Giants have won two SBs recently is by having to get by us narrowly first. We're even. They get lucky, we don't. There isn't any real explanation or thing you can point to that makes them better than us.

So you're saying it's an abbé ration and the next big cowboys v giants games can easily go our way 3-4 times in a row.

I think that's fair. We had a big lead in 1 game and started coming back in the 2nd.

But the 1st half of the 2nd game was ugly and makes me think the two teams might start be going in different directions.

One saving grace though: young Tyron matches up well w/ jpp and Carr and claireborne should match up well with nicks and Cruz . I don't think any of those players are going anywhere anytime soon.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The same crayton that's been Mia since we dropped him ?

Eli can play, he's only got like 40 more picks than romo in 30 more games . He's not far behind romo in all other categories . Romos only a little better .

Well, 15 points in QBR is pretty significant.

Eli has 119 starts, Romo 77.

Extrapolate Romo's numbers to Eli's starts.

Eli: 27,579 Yards, 185 TDs, 129 INTs

Romo: 32,200 Yards, 230 TDs, 111 INTs

In terms of yearly production, that's about 660 More Yards, 6 More TDs and 2 Less INTs.

Eli is a capable QB but Romo is clearly better.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

So you're saying the Giants are consistently lucky?

Wonder how that works. Almost like they have figured out how to be lucky.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
stop acting like a bunch of pussies. the giants always run their mouth before they play dallas. make this team get fired up since they cant do it on their own.

all we hear from them now is its a new team theyre hungry they want it they need it. show it.

Reaction score
Well, 15 points in QBR is pretty significant.

Eli has 119 starts, Romo 77.

Extrapolate Romo's numbers to Eli's starts.

Eli: 27,579 Yards, 185 TDs, 129 INTs

Romo: 32,200 Yards, 230 TDs, 111 INTs

In terms of yearly production, that's about 660 More Yards, 6 More TDs and 2 Less INTs.

Eli is a capable QB but Romo is clearly better.

Two Super Bowl mvp's doe.

I don't want to sound like a B level nfl live analyst but that's worth something to me.

It doesn't mean he "stepped up" In places where romo hasnt. But he's performed well in a greater degree of difficulty .

Romo didn't have a chance against minny in the divisional round but that was a step up in competition. Anything they/he could've done to keep it close would've gone a long way.

I've always said I'm meh on roethlisberger. They seem to win despite him sometimes. That's not the case with Eli, he's playing well.

Its funny how eli throws more picks but is considered the safer bet. These so called romo collapse games are so overstated and people's recollection of them seems to get foggy as the hyperbole gets amplified

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's laziness.

It's way easier to point the finger at Romo than it is to do some digging. Going all the way back to that 13-3 year and since, it's been 1 of 3 things that's held the team back.

1. The offensive line has faltered down the stretch every year.

2. The running game has been poop.

3. The defense has been poop.

Even going back to the fluke fumble against Seattle. We kick a fg, the defense still has to hold. They weren't going to.

Romo is easily top 5. I'd only put Brady, Rodgers, and Brees ahead of him. Peyton if he's still Peyton.

If our defense is vastly improved, and Demarco Murray is a healthy playmaker this year. Championship. Easy. We don't even need a #3 WR.

Eli is a good QB. Gotta hand it to him, he's won 2 rings. He's also had a stout defense on the other side, and like 12 running backs that are just good enoug to give him a respectable running game.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
To me, the two Giants Superbowl runs were totally different. The first one, Eli did pretty much go along for the ride. That team was about a Spagnuolo's defense that got hot at the right time and a Coughlin's running game and physical toughness.

But the second one, you do have to give him credit for. That team was just the opposite, throwing the ball a ton and asking him to win games. And as awkward and fundamentally unsound as Eli looked last year, he was amazingly accurate with his passes.

So in 2007 when Eli was more of a bus driver, Romo was better. In 2012, I don't think you can say that.

Top Bottom