superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The upgrades the Eagles made are kind of like if we had recognized that we had problems in our secondary and Oline and then went out and signed WRs, a TE and a few OLBs.

Reaction score
Eagles>Cowboys. Sorry, but its the truth. I especially love the argument that they will fail because of holes on the line and at safety. They have the same issues we have, yet its an Achilles heel for them? Don't buy it. I hate the Eagles, but to argue that they have not drastically improved that team is borderline retarded, and all the straw grabbing for excuses why they will fail seems like blind homerism to me.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Eagles>Cowboys. Sorry, but its the truth. I especially love the argument that they will fail because of holes on the line and at safety. They have the same issues we have, yet its an Achilles heel for them? Don't buy it. I hate the Eagles, but to argue that they have not drastically improved that team is borderline retarded, and all the straw grabbing for excuses why they will fail seems like blind homerism to me.

Common Sense Alert! Common Sense Alert!

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

ur dumb they didn't dramatically improve. They got the biggest name free agent and then made some nominal signing at positions they were already strong at - while ignoring the things that were the biggest problem for them last year. People are getting a little too excited about them adding Nnamdi Asomugha, Cullen Jenkins and a bunch of scrubs.

Reaction score
I have to side with superpunk.

The Eagles scream of a front office wanting to sell tickets, but not really knowing how to build a football team.

I also agree with Sacamano, that the only signing they made that impresses/worries me is Cullen Jenkins.

Reaction score
I have to side with superpunk.

The Eagles scream of a front office wanting to sell tickets, but not really knowing how to build a football team.

I also agree with Sacamano, that the only signing they made that impresses/worries me is Cullen Jenkins.

"ur" dumb. Yeah, they added Namdi, and no matter how everyone knocks the signing, he is a top flight corner back, and their 1-3 CB depth is as solid as it gets. Cullin Jenkins, Steve Smith, Babin, Higgins are all improvements over what they trotted out at the same positions last season. And as has been mentioned, even without those players they cruised to the NFC East title. Like it or not, Philly is better than us. Our defensive line, secondary, linebackers and offensive line all are boom or bust.

as much as I would love to say we are gonna surprise the NFL, and the Eagles will implode, if I'm making a safe bet, its the Eagles getting the division crown and us at best battling for a wild car spot.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
"ur" dumb. Yeah, they added Namdi, and no matter how everyone knocks the signing, he is a top flight corner back, and their 1-3 CB depth is as solid as it gets. Cullin Jenkins, Steve Smith, Babin, Higgins are all improvements over what they trotted out at the same positions last season. And as has been mentioned, even without those players they cruised to the NFC East title. Like it or not, Philly is better than us. Our defensive line, secondary, linebackers and offensive line all are boom or bust.

as much as I would love to say we are gonna surprise the NFL, and the Eagles will implode, if I'm making a safe bet, its the Eagles getting the division crown and us at best battling for a wild car spot.

All the things you mentioned as boom or bust for us is the same for them, they have even bigger questions at safety and LB than we do.

Outside of CB what other positions on that team are better than us?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I forgot Philly signed Nmandi. Add him too to the short list of good free agents the Eagles brought in. I'd kill to have either him or Jenkins right now.

Top Bottom