NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
The guy barely played at USC yet we felt obligated to do that? Wow.

That doesn't bother me much... There's a lot of upside and potential with Farmer. Could be worth the risk.

Former 5 star recruit and number 1 wr prospect coming out of HS in 2011. Ran a 4.3 40 at his pro day after tearing his knee up in 2013. Could be a nice steal if we get him to stay healthy and live up to his potential.

The only way I'd be against it if it somehow prevents us from getting La'el Collins if his name gets clear... But let's face it we probably weren't gonna go after him anyway.

Reaction score
Supposed to be a Manziel type, football wise.

Not really. He's the guy Manziel beat out his freshman year. Decent arm, decent legs. Never really impressed at A&M, had injury issues at UTEP. Nothing to get excited about. Good kid, tho.

Reaction score
Is Farmer really super fast though? I could've sworn his NFL.com scouting page said he was a good handed possession guy.

Goodley was the burner, based on their write ups.

Hell... even the kid from Houston graded better than Farmer.

I'm not sweating what we paid the kid. Just wondering.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have no idea about the guy, but NFL Draft Scout said he ran a 4.35 and benched 19 times at his pro day but had a bunch of drops.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is Farmer really super fast though? I could've sworn his NFL.com scouting page said he was a good handed possession guy.

Goodley was the burner, based on their write ups.

Hell... even the kid from Houston graded better than Farmer.

I'm not sweating what we paid the kid. Just wondering.

Goodley supposedly ran a 4.3 at his Pro Day.

Reaction score
If Lucky Whitehead were a horse, I'd probably bet on him because he has a cool name.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
2015 Atlanta Falcons Potential Draft Pick Profile: RB Synjyn Days | Bleacher Report

The Atlanta Falcons need a power running back to complement Devonta Freeman and Antone Smith within new offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan's zone-blocking scheme. Synjyn Days is a sleeper who could come in and play either running back or fullback within the offense.

He's a local product who played at Hillgrove High School in Powder Springs, Georgia, before he went on to Georgia Tech. He was formerly a quarterback and, as a result, understands offensive schemes better than most running backs. He could be the next 1,000-yard Falcons running back if given a shot in Shanahan's offense

Scouting Report

Strengths

Days is a true power back in every sense. However, he has the quickness and vision required of most zone-style running backs. Days is quick with his cuts in the hole and can see his way to the second and third levels very effectively.

He's not afraid to initiate contact with defenders, and he runs very similarly to Alfred Morris in Washington. Much like Morris, Days is a low-mileage back who should see better success in the pros than he did in college. He's also an effective run-blocker when called on to be one.

Weaknesses

Despite coming from a zone scheme, Days' role was closer to a true fullback than a tailback. The triple-option that Georgia Tech runs does give the ball to the B-back often, but he's almost always coming out of a three-point stance and attacking his gap.

Because of this role, Days doesn't have much experience as either a route runner or pass-blocker—he was rarely called upon to do either. And while he might have a good frame to be a pass-catcher and blocker, he just hasn't been truly tested as either.

Off the field, Days is easily one of the best prospects for Atlanta in the draft. He's a hard-working college graduate who once played quarterback. He's a leader on and off the field, and more than that, he's never been arrested nor suspended.

Days is someone whom the Falcons could use on special teams and in the backfield, and he won't complain about how he's being used within the schemes. He's someone who just wants to see the field and play football, and it shows every time he steps on the gridiron.

Days is a malleable ball of clay as a running back, but he has the size, strength, quickness and vision that every team is looking for in its next starter. He compares to T.J. Duckett with his running style in some ways and could be an excellent goal-line battering ram.

If he can smooth out the edges of his game, he could be a multi-year Pro Bowl player. His ideal role early on, though, would be a power back for short-yardage situations where he can plow forward and gain the tough yards that the Falcons haven't been able to get for years.

As someone who is being held in very low regard by teams, Days shouldn't go higher than the seventh round and might be available during the undrafted free-agency period. Atlanta could get him with minimal investment and have a potentially strong return.

Early in Days' career, the Falcons would be able to use him as a short-yardage back. But as he develops, he should see more carries on earlier downs and could be a perfect complement to Freeman's speed and Smith's explosiveness. The Falcons could take him late and look like geniuses when all is said and done.

The Marietta Daily Journal

Synjyn Days grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan, especially when running back Emmett Smith was in his prime.

Now, Days will get a shot at following in Smith’s footsteps. He has signed an undrafted free agent contract with America’s Team.

The former Hillgrove High School and Georgia Tech standout said he got the call Saturday night while he was out celebrating his girlfriend’s birthday.

“This is really a blessing,” said Days, who will be joining a team with only four running backs, and no true starter, on the roster after DeMarco Murray left to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles. “I’m just excited to get the opportunity to fulfill a longtime goal. Going to the Cowboys is a great thing. My Dad (Calvin) grew up a Cowboys fan and watching Emmett Smith was fun. I grew up a Cowboys fan and couldn’t see a much better place to be at.”

Days didn’t have high expectations for this year’s draft. He was projected to either be a late-round pick or go undrafted. Days recently had private workout with the Falcons and he also worked out with the Patriots.

He becomes the fifth player to either be selected or sign with a team over NFL Draft weekend. Days’ Georgia Tech teammate Darren Waller (North Cobb), a wide receiver, was selected in the sixth round by the Baltimore Ravens. UAB tight end Kennard Backman (Whitefield Academy) was taken later in the sixth round by the Green Bay Packers and South Carolina tight end Rory Anderson (McEachern) was drafted in the seventh round by the San Francisco 49ers.

Chattanooga defensive lineman Derrick Lott (North Cobb) was expected to be drafted, but when he wasn’t, he signed an undrafted free agent contract with the Tennessee Titans.

Days is coming off his best season at Georgia Tech, which finished with an 11-3 overall record and made a trip to the ACC championship game. He’s made strides as a runner since transitioning from A-Back to B-Back in Paul Johnson’s triple option offense. He finishing the 2014 campaign with 924 rushing yards on 157 carries and nine touchdowns. He was also named All-ACC honorable mention.

When he was a scrambling quarterback at Hillgrove, he was rated the 72nd best prospect by Rivals and the 69th best by Superprep. He was also a two-time all-state performer.

Days started as a backup A-back at Georgia Tech and worked his way to the starting lineup his junior season before becoming a full-time starter last fall.

“(Signing with the Cowboys) is a great reward for him,” Hillgrove coach Phil Ironside said. “He stayed loyal (with Georgia Tech) and worked hard, even though he wasn’t the guy until his senior year. Most kids don’t do that these days. Also, this is great for the Hillgrove community.”

The Cowboys also rely greatly on zone blocking, which could make Days a potential fit. Based on his NFL draft scouting report, his size is his biggest asset. The 6-foot, 235-pound Days is a physical back who doesn’t get taken down easily and can always fight for extra yardage.

“The (Cowboys) run more of a zone-type running scheme and I will fit in,” Days said. “I feel I can make cuts off the offensive line. They did a great job last season, and I’m going to go out there and work hard on the field and look forward to the opportunity to be out there with my teammates.

“They like my size and speed and that I’m a tough runner,” Days said of the Cowboys.

Top Bottom