Reaction score
If Trayvon thought his life was in danger to the point where he felt the need to "defend himself", why would he call his girlfriend instead of calling 911 like Zimmerman did?

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
I think Zim is a liar because his story doesn't add up.

Almost all the witness testimony to date points to Zimmermans "story" being what really happened.

And these are witnesses called by the PROSECUTION, no less.

Reaction score
Witness to Zimmerman-Martin confrontation says person on bottom had "lighter skin color"

A resident of the Florida community where George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin last year after a confrontation took the stand Friday and described going out to investigate a noise and seeing one person straddling another and throwing punches down at the person on the ground.

John Good said he was watching TV with his wife when they heard a noise and he went out to investigate, despite his wife warning him not to. At first, he thought a dog might be attacking someone, but as he moved closer, he said he observed what looked like "a tussle" between two people.

"It looked like a tussle," Good said. "I could only see one person. At one point, I yelled out, 'What's going on? Stop it,' I believe," Good said.

Under questioning by Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda, Good said one of the combatants was straddling a man lying face up on the pavement, and throwing punches. The testimony appeared to corroborate Zimmerman's claims that he shot the 17-year-old African-American with a legally registered gun in self defense, as he was being pummeled.

"I could tell that the person on the bottom had a lighter skin color," testified Good, who also said the person on the bottom appeared to be wearing "white or red," while the one on top wore dark clothing. Zimmerman identified that day as Hispanic and was wearing a red jacket. That also would corroborate Zimmerman's claims he was on the losing end of a violent confrontation when he fired the fatal shot.

But Good said he did not see the person on top slam the other one's head into the pavement. Zimmerman had wounds to his scalp following the confrontation.

Good, who went back inside and was calling 911 when he heard a gunshot, listened as an audio recording of his call was played in the courtroom.

"It looks like there's a black guy down, and he's dead," Good said on the call.

During cross examination, defense attorney Mark O'Mara asked Good to be more specific as to the exact positions of the two men on the ground and even demonstrated in the courtroom asking for visual confirmation. He also asked what Good meant on the 911 call when he said the person on top was engaged in an "MMA-style" move of "ground and pound". The witness also said during testimony that the person on the bottom was unable to move under a flurry of punches.

When O'Mara asked him if the person on top was Martin, Good said: "Correct, that's what it looked like."

Good also said he believed the person on the bottom yelled for help, but later conceded that he was not 100 percent sure it was the person on the bottom calling for help while he was in his house placing the emergency call, only that it "sounded like" it came from the person being attacked.

During cross-examination, O'Mara got on his knees to recreate the fighting as he asked Good to walk him through it.

Good was also shown by O'Mara a picture of Martin in a 7-Eleven convenience store and said that the person on top during the struggle was wearing the same dark clothing in the image.

Questioning was then redirected back to the prosecutor who tried to discredit a strong testimony for the defense.

De La Rionda asked Good if he used the term "ground and pound" in his statements to investigators or if it was a Sanford Police Department investigator first used the term. Good replied that it was possible. De La Rionda also used water bottles to help demonstrate the position of Zimmerman and Martin and even got Good to concede that he did not actually see punches thrown and that he "only saw downward movement" of arms.

The testimony came as Zimmerman’s murder trial entered its fifth day Friday, a day after the former neighborhood watch volunteer's attorney tried to demonstrate that the woman who was on the phone with Trayvon Martin shortly before he was fatally shot was not believable because her story changed over the course of the last year.

An attorney for Martin’s family, meanwhile, suddenly declared Thursday that the high-profile case was not about race.

“It’s not about racial profiling,” Daryl Parks told reporters. “He was profiled (criminally). George Zimmerman profiled him.”

Parks made the comments after prosecutors spent several days arguing that Zimmerman profiled the 17-year-old specifically because he was black. Asked why he changed his take on the matter, Parks replied: “We never claimed this was about race.”

Zimmerman, 29, has said he opened fire only after the teenager jumped him and began slamming his head against the concrete sidewalk. Zimmerman identifies himself as Hispanic and has denied that his confrontation with the black teenager had anything to do with race, as Martin's family and its supporters have claimed.

Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense. He could face life in prison if convicted.

Reaction score
Mr. Marra is cool, calm, collective, likeable. Owns the room, if you will.

His partner, Mr. West... is a bumbling fool.

Reaction score
The prosecution just interviewed one of the initial investigating officers and all they did was verify that the officer helped attempt CPR and that Trayvon Martin was announced dead on the scene.

Except it took about 100 questions and 20 minutes to get that out.

Relevance to trial: Unknown

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like how the cop has his radio on his shoulder in case he get's radioed while he's testifying.

Reaction score
The USS Burden of Proof keeps slamming against the Beyond Reasonable Doubt iceberg.

2m3gxf5.jpg

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I love how they keep showing his parents. Sure they lost a son, but had they raised him to be a decent person would they be in this position? Without a doubt, no.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I love how they keep showing his parents. Sure they lost a son, but had they raised him to be a decent person would they be in this position? Without a doubt, no.
Getting angry that someone is following you doesnt mean you arent a decent person.

Reaction score
Neighbor testifies Trayvon Martin was straddling Zimmerman moments before fatal gunshot

CBS) A former neighbor of George Zimmerman testified he saw two men in a "tussle" outside his home the night of Feb. 26, 2012, and said he now believes the person on top in the altercation - which would moments later turn fatal - was Trayvon Martin.

In key testimony, he also said he believes George Zimmerman was the person yelling for help.

John Good took the stand Friday in the fifth day of testimony in the Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial. The former neighborhood watch captain is charged with shooting the unarmed teen as he was walking back to his father's fiancee's home through a Sanford, Fla. gated community.

John Good testified he saw a man in dark clothing on top of a man who was wearing red or light-colored clothing with lighter skin. Zimmerman, 29, was wearing a red jacket the night of the altercation, and Martin was wearing a dark hoodie. However, Good testified that he didn't see the person on top smashing the other person's head into the sidewalk, as Zimmerman claims Martin did before he fatally shot the teen.

Taking the stand Friday, John Good said he was at home watching television with his wife when he heard a "faint noise" that seemed to be getting closer. Outside, he said he saw the person on top of another man.

The man on the bottom, who he said he now believes is George Zimmerman, yelled for help.

"At first it was "What's going on," and no one answered,' " Good said, describing calling out to the men. "And then at that point the person on the bottom, I could finally see, I heard a 'help.' Then at some point I said 'Cut it out.' And then, 'I'm calling 911.' That's when I thought it was getting really serious."

The altercation seemed to escalate, according to Good. The struggle moved to the cement pathway, and he said the person in dark clothing straddled the other man in "mixed martial arts position" he later described to police as a "ground and pound." He said he saw "arm movements going downward," though he couldn't be certain the person on top was striking the person on the bottom.

"The person you now know to be Trayvon Martin was on top, correct?" asked defense attorney Mark O'Mara. "He was the one raining blows down on George Zimmerman, correct?"

"That's what it looked like," Good answered.

Good said he then went back inside to call 911. As he was dialing the phone, he heard a gunshot. His 911 call was played in court as the jury listened.

"I just heard a shot right behind my house. They're wrestling right in back of my porch," Good said on the recording. "...I'm pretty sure the guy's dead out here. Holy sh--."

Later, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda asked whether it was possible a police officer could have used the term "ground and pound" before he did.

"It's possible," Good said.

De la Rionda honed in on Good's earlier statement that he couldn't confirm the person on top was hitting the other person.

"Correct," Good said.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Hey, I guess we can make up all the facts we want to try to defend old Zim. But Zim has not said that's what happened.

You are the one that said reaching into a pocket is reason to kill a person, not me. I have a bit higher threshold than that personally.

Top Bottom