Reaction score
Another thing to consider:

Zimmerman has said he was walking back to his truck when Martin came up behind him.

Zimmerman says Martin asked "Why the fuck you following me?"

DeeDee says Martin says "Why you following me for?"

There's conflicting reports of what George said in response, even from the same witnes depending on when she was asked (but thats besides the point).

Think about this for a moment...

The first person to say anything is Martin.
Is Martin not allowed to say anything?

If Zimmerman was in fact still chasing Zimmerman at this point he would've been the first person to say something. "Hey, stop." "What are you doing around here." "Who are you?" Etc.

But Martin asked first.... "Why are you following me for."
So now instead of the line being who touched who first, you move it to who said something to who first?

I know this won't change anyones opinion/stance because the lines are drawn and people are more interested in 'winning' than conceding at this point.
I don't care about "winning." I don't think I have once said I know how this trial is going to turn out. I've repeatedly said the opposite. How can I "win" if I don't make a prediction?

Also... pep... the bone you pick with George is that he reached into his pocket to grab his cell phone, but TM didn't know what he was grabbing.
That's my point exactly.

Not trying to ignore the rest of your post, but I have to run. I'll try to respond to the rest if I have time later.

Reaction score
Is Martin not allowed to say anything?

So now instead of the line being who touched who first, you move it to who said something to who first?

No, I'm not changing anything.

I'm trying to further illustrate why I think Martin was the one that initiated the physical confrontation and why I think Zimmermans account of returning to his truck makes sense to me.

I don't care about "winning." I don't think I have once said I know how this trial is going to turn out. I've repeatedly said the opposite. How can I "win" if I don't make a prediction?

Not so much you. I was talking in general terms about those who are commenting in this thread with nothing more than the initial media mischaracterization of events under their belts.

Although, to be fair, there are also those who want Zimmermann to get off and feel no pity that a young man did lose his life as well, so it goes both ways.

I'm simply trying to illustrate my thoughts on this case, why I feel the way I do, and why I think Zimmermann should get off.

Reaction score
John Good testified that it was the person on the bottom yelling.

It's literally like the prosecution has had zero exposure to these witnesses before. They're not getting answers to their questions that help their case.

Now they're replaying his 911 call.

Reaction score
Not trying to ignore the rest of your post, but I have to run. I'll try to respond to the rest if I have time later.

I'll look forward to your next post, because I feel like you totally missed the point that I what I was trying to say.

Reaction score
Good is testifying that the person on the bottom was yelling.

The person on top in the straddle position when they were on the sidewalk.

The same person was on top the entire time, and there was arm movement going downwards.

Reaction score
Good said the altercation was just a tussle at first. But got "serious" once they moved up to the sidewalk.

Reaction score
This witness said they were on the concrete path, with the "dark jacket" straddled on top reigning blows down on the other guy.

Sounds like this guy is a defense witness. I have yet to see anything that is off from GZ's accounts.

Reaction score
What a sad state of America though.

Anyone else find it disturbing that nobody in that complex was willing to go out there and help a guy who's screaming help?

Reaction score
God... the 911 call played from another female caller.

The fear in the voice of the person screaming is cringeworthy. Unbridled fear in that voice.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What a sad state of America though.

Anyone else find it disturbing that nobody in that complex was willing to go out there and help a guy who's screaming help?

Not really:

Diffusion of Responsibility
One reason that the bystander effect occurs is the social influence process known as “diffusion of responsibility”. Through numerous studies, psychologists have found that bystanders are less likely to intervene in emergency situations as the size of the group increases. The presence of others makes one feel less personally responsible for responding to events and each additional person present lowers the chances of anyone helping at all. People tend to assume that someone else will provide the necessary help, especially when there are many others around who could potentially do so.

Reaction score
John Good testifies that the person on the bottom was the one yelling for help and the guy on top wearing a dark jacket was reigning down blows.

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS A WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION?

Reaction score
I blame the DA.

Go for manslaughter, you possibly get a convinction.

Instead he succumbed to outside pressure and elected to go for 2nd degree murder.

As a result, Zim will walk and riots will ensue.

Top Bottom