NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
He would have needed treatment at a hospital if the wound was actually that large.

It wouldn't just stop bleeding. And no, paramedics do not administer coagulation cascade factors of any kind in the field in America at least. "something like" thrombin is not indicated for that injury anyway.

Bullshit. There is no way you can ascertain if he needed treatment at a hospital or not by just looking at a grainy picture. That large mark on the pic might not even be the actual size of the laceration. Maybe it broke open a bit on the ride to the PD, and the darkness we see is dried blood running a couple inches down his head. Who knows? Also, I've had big cuts on my head before and didn't go to the doctor. And there is no way you could possibly know whether or not it would just "stop bleeding". Maybe the paramedics only applied pressure to control the bleeding. Who knows? All we know is that it was reported that he was bleeding from the head and nose. That he received medical attention on site, and was deemed capable of going to the PD. And now we have a halfassed picture of a supposed injury.

When I mentioned thrombin, I wasn't indicating that it was in fact used. Only using it as an example of a coagulant they possibly used to help control bleeding. It was the first one that popped to mind when I posted it.

What in the hell they supposed to do while in the field to control bleeding to a head wound? Put a tourniquet around his neck? Pressure to the open wound is first response. Tourniquet is last resort, but obviously they can't use that considering the location of the wound. If pressure doesn't work, more drastic measures are needed. I'm not saying this was the case with Zimmerman. .

And yeah, coagulants have been used to control bleeding in the field. Admittedly, it has been quite awile since I've worked as a medic. But I'm also not a drooling fucking ****** like you were used to posting with over at the zone, either.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
r0TKq.gif

Case solved.

Reaction score
He would have needed treatment at a hospital if the wound was actually that large.

It wouldn't just stop bleeding. And no, paramedics do not administer coagulation cascade factors of any kind in the field in America at least. "something like" thrombin is not indicated for that injury anyway.

Welcome to the forums, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

Reaction score
Bullshit. There is no way you can ascertain if he needed treatment at a hospital or not by just looking at a grainy picture. That large mark on the pic might not even be the actual size of the laceration. Maybe it broke open a bit on the ride to the PD, and the darkness we see is dried blood running a couple inches down his head. Who knows? Also, I've had big cuts on my head before and didn't go to the doctor. And there is no way you could possibly know whether or not it would just "stop bleeding". Maybe the paramedics only applied pressure to control the bleeding. Who knows? All we know is that it was reported that he was bleeding from the head and nose. That he received medical attention on site, and was deemed capable of going to the PD. And now we have a halfassed picture of a supposed injury.

When I mentioned thrombin, I wasn't indicating that it was in fact used. Only using it as an example of a coagulant they possibly used to help control bleeding. It was the first one that popped to mind when I posted it.

What in the hell they supposed to do while in the field to control bleeding to a head wound? Put a tourniquet around his neck? Pressure to the open wound is first response. Tourniquet is last resort, but obviously they can't use that considering the location of the wound. If pressure doesn't work, more drastic measures are needed. I'm not saying this was the case with Zimmerman. .

And yeah, coagulants have been used to control bleeding in the field. Admittedly, it has been quite awile since I've worked as a medic. But I'm also not a drooling fucking ****** like you were used to posting with over at the zone, either.

lol at the last sentence. Most of those people are very retarded.

Anyway, I've fixed hundreds of scalp lacerations at this point, and the paramedics always just administer some pain meds (if needed), and then tightly bandage the shit out of the wound and apply pressure prior to arriving to the department. I'm sure there is a completely different protocol for military medics though.

But if he was bleeding to the point where they had to apply lengthy pressure, they probably would have deemed it necessary to take him to a hospital prior to the PD. That happens all the time, where peeps come in handcuffed (and usually drunk) to get their cuts stapled and are then sent off.

I agree that the photo is so grainy, it's hard to really tell. I thought it was being implied that his laceration was the size of that marking, so that was why I said what I did. You're right that it could just be dried blood though.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Does that maybe injury look like it came from a head being slammed into the concrete?

It's possible.

Hard to tell from that picture really.

But, there is either a scar or a gash on his head, no doubting that.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's possible.

Hard to tell from that picture really.

But, there is either a scar or a gash on his head, no doubting that.

You really don't have a good understanding of what happens when a almost shaved head comes into violent contact with concrete.

And there is a huge doubt that there is a scar or a gash and by the way there would be no scar from the incident only several hours later.

The video is not conclusive that there is nothing there but its also not conclusive for sure that something is there, what is conclusive is that there are no major injuries showing which would be there if his head was being "slammed into concrete".

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I don't believe I said the scar would be from the incident.

And, the amount of damage to the head would be directly dependent on the amount of force that was used to force the head into the concrete.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't believe I said the scar would be from the incident.

And, the amount of damage to the head would be directly dependent on the amount of force that was used to force the head into the concrete.

According to Zimmerman it was repeatedly and with so much force that he feared for his life, does that maybe scar or cut fit that.

At the very least wouldn't there be a bandage of some sort?

And by the way Zimmerman said he was being beaten for about a minute does this video support that?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
According to Zimmerman it was repeatedly and with so much force that he feared for his life, does that maybe scar or cut fit that.

At the very least wouldn't there be a bandage of some sort?

And by the way Zimmerman said he was being beaten for about a minute does this video support that?

TBH my give a shit gauge is on E when it comes to this story.

Reaction score
This is a tough case. I don’t know if it’s race related. Hispanics have faced just as much racism as blacks if not more. Does Zimmer have a right to follow the young man if he feels he is doing something in his community? Yes. Did Martin have a right to punch Zimmer? No. Did he have a right to shoot and kill him? I don’t know. He felt his life was in danger. I need more info. Too many missing questions. I think the police are just as confused. Cue the black people for using the race card again. He is a mix you dumb fuckers. Last i saw you don’t have a fast food restaurant telling you to “run for the border”.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This is a tough case. I don’t know if it’s race related. Hispanics have faced just as much racism as blacks if not more. Does Zimmer have a right to follow the young man if he feels he is doing something in his community? Yes. Did Martin have a right to punch Zimmer? No. Did he have a right to shoot and kill him? I don’t know. He felt his life was in danger. I need more info. Too many missing questions. I think the police are just as confused. Cue the black people for using the race card again. He is a mix you dumb fuckers. Last i saw you don’t have a fast food restaurant telling you to “run for the border”.

Does Martin have a right to walk home without being followed, yes.

Does Martin have the right to defend himself if he felt threatened by Zimmerman , yes.

Why does this "maybe" punch have to be a attack?

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Zimmerman was the aggressor in all of this? There sure is a lot of evidence to make that argument at least as much as is being used against Martin.

And race has been injected by all sides its not just the black people, just Google Trayvon Martin was a drug dealer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does Martin have a right to walk home without being followed, yes.

It’s not against the law to follow someone, as far as i know.

Does Martin have the right to defend himself if he felt threatened by Zimmerman , yes.

If he felt threatened he should have called the police or continued running off the property. If Zimmer doesn’t shoot him, Martin would have been prosecuted for assault.

And race has been injected by all sides its not just the black people, just Google Trayvon Martin was a drug dealer.

You have to prove Zimmer was a racist. He is also a minority, so doesn’t make sense.

Top Bottom