boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
c'mon, booze. Romo is a CLASS act.

If he was truly a class act, he would set Jones at ease that he could trade him wherever.

He does not have a no trade clause in his contract, but he basically is acting like it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ugh, once the draft is over I will be visiting the Zone a minimum. The fans boys are busy taking up for Romo who was called great by possibly the most useless talking head in the business Babe Laufenburg. Seriously is there anybody who knows less and whose opinions are more useless than that guy. Place is only good for a laugh these days.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If he was truly a class act, he would set Jones at ease that he could trade him wherever.

He does not have a no trade clause in his contract, but he basically is acting like it.

Romo made the Jones family billions of dollars, literally. I can't blame Romo for not wanting to go to the Browns or some some team with little chance of contention. That's just being stupid, not classy.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
If I'm the Texans I'm all over this trade. Probably could have Romo for cheap, you have Savage as a just in case Romo gets hurt, and you're a franchise QB away from beating the Patriots. This would be a no brainer for me.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
"Vance Joseph said there has not been one meeting in the building about Tony Romo. Until something happens with Romo, it really is a nonissue"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Charean Williams
✔ ‎@NFLCharean

They can continue "trying" but it will not happen. Everyone has called their bluff.

10:49 AM - 13 Mar 2017 · Arlington, TX

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If I'm the Texans I'm all over this trade. Probably could have Romo for cheap, you have Savage as a just in case Romo gets hurt, and you're a franchise QB away from beating the Patriots. This would be a no brainer for me.

Or a broken back away from throwing $10mil away

Reaction score

Yep. He's being an ass about this, just like he was an ass mid season when he tried to derail Dak and Cowboys momentum by wanting to compete for the starting job that day. Romo is all about Romo. Always has been, and he can take it to Cabo and GTFO with his overpaid, choker ass.

Reaction score
Romo made the Jones family billions of dollars, literally. I can't blame Romo for not wanting to go to the Browns or some some team with little chance of contention. That's just being stupid, not classy.

Don't fall for that bullshit. Romo doesnt care about contending, or at least he never cared about contending while Cowboys QB. Remember, it was Romo who said "if we lose... ok. if we win... ok. If the worst thing that ever happens to me is losing a playoff game then I will have lived a good life".

Who cares what is best for Romo? This is what is best for the Cowboys, and if that means Romo goes to Cleveland then he better act like a fucking professional and go to Cleveland.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Or a broken back away from throwing $10mil away

10mil ain't shit for a franchise caliber QB. That and a late draft pick is more than worth the risk.

You'd have to be half retarded to argue otherwise.

The Texans are ready. They need to take their shot.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I really do hope the Jones' and McClay really do hold to Romo. What if a guy like Carson Palmer gets injured during preseason. What if Houston realizes Savage isn't the guy to lead them to a Super Bowl. The point is his value will increase, especially if he's playing well in preseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really do hope the Jones' and McClay really do hold to Romo. What if a guy like Carson Palmer gets injured during preseason. What if Houston realizes Savage isn't the guy to lead them to a Super Bowl. The point is his value will increase, especially if he's playing well in preseason.

Yep. Absolutely should just hold onto him and see how things play out.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Don't fall for that bullshit. Romo doesnt care about contending, or at least he never cared about contending while Cowboys QB. Remember, it was Romo who said "if we lose... ok. if we win... ok. If the worst thing that ever happens to me is losing a playoff game then I will have lived a good life".

Who cares what is best for Romo? This is what is best for the Cowboys, and if that means Romo goes to Cleveland then he better act like a fucking professional and go to Cleveland.

This pretty much nails it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
10mil ain't shit for a franchise caliber QB. That and a late draft pick is more than worth the risk.

You'd have to be half retarded to argue otherwise.

The Texans are ready. They need to take their shot.
I can't believe they aren't already offering at least a late round pick. I bet Steve is just holding out for more.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I can't believe they aren't already offering at least a late round pick. I bet Steve is just holding out for more.

I was wondering the same.. Jerry is taking this "do-right" stance and Steve is just over there like business is business.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Shit just needs to get resolved somehow.

I don't see the hurry. It'd be nice to move on, but ultimately waiting it out and getting something decent is better than releasing him outright or just getting a conditional late rd pick in 2018.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I don't see the hurry. It'd be nice to move on, but ultimately waiting it out and getting something decent is better than releasing him outright or just getting a conditional late rd pick in 2018.

That's correct. Wait for them to blink first. Too bad Jerry always has such a bad case of the dry eye.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think we are being a little modest about draft compensation. Romo could easily take either team to the Super Bowl. No other QB on the market can do such a thing. Hang on to him and get a first or second round pick for him. If I can somehow get out of Ty Crawford contract with the Romo deal, just give me a 3rd or 4th

Top Bottom