bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They got a 4th. Tony isn't worth at least that to a team with SB aspirations?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
they had to throw in a 2nd as a bribe to take a bad player. we wouldn't have to do that /w Tony.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Houston didn't get shit for Osweiler. They gave up a second to get rid of him

Because they knew he flat out sucked and his cap charge was ridiculous. They paid the 2nd to free up the cap room.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
they had to throw in a 2nd as a bribe to take a bad player. we wouldn't have to do that /w Tony.

Yes. So it isn't really a valid comparison to Romo.

That was my point.

Do I think Romo is worth a pick of some sort? Sure, but the Texans thing doesn't really work as a rationale as why. They had to pay to get rid of Osweiler.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So here's a thought I had about Romo. I think most everyone here agrees that it would be stupid to just cut Romo. In my opinion the best thing to do would be to keep Romo through training camp. Showcase him during preseason and see who comes calling for him. I still think it will be the Texans. Jacksonville intrigues me too. His value will be higher by then, especially if he plays well in preseason.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So here's a thought I had about Romo. I think most everyone here agrees that it would be stupid to just cut Romo. In my opinion the best thing to do would be to keep Romo through training camp. Showcase him during preseason and see who comes calling for him. I still think it will be the Texans. Jacksonville intrigues me too. His value will be higher by then, especially if he plays well in preseason.

Totally agree. Only issue with having him around would be the issue of the media trying to push a QB issue with him and Dak.

It also helps us getting better compensation for Romo but it also helps some of the 2nd team players get better because they have a more capable QB leading the 2nd team.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The only real risk for the Cowboys is if Romo gets hurt in training camp or preseason games. Then What? Not tradeable but they cant cut him if he's injured.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Also gives teams ample time to see how much their own QBs suck in comparison, or ample time for their starter to get hurt like what happened to Minnesota last year, etc.

Downside is, "showcasing" Romo means he might have to take some hits and will likely offer up his normal share of bonehead picks and pick-sixes.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only real risk for the Cowboys is if Romo gets hurt in training camp or preseason games. Then What? Not tradeable but they cant cut him if he's injured.
Yep, pros and cons. Wildcatter Jerruh though, says he's not "risk averse" like his HC says he himself is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

It doesn't really matter to me. Right now we're faced with not getting anything for him anyway.

The only really downside to keeping him and letting him try to be the backup is IF he does get hurt, it potentially leaves us in a bind to find another backup.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Fuck Tony Romo.

Yeah, I said it.

Jones is the most to blame, but Romo's gay demands are also responsible for this mess.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

If they are going to keep him until the last minute, I hope he ends up somewhere he doesn't want to be.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter to me. Right now we're faced with not getting anything for him anyway.

The only really downside to keeping him and letting him try to be the backup is IF he does get hurt, it potentially leaves us in a bind to find another backup.

There arent even enough QB's to start in the league. Finding a decent backup is pipe dream. And then we dont have anybody to coach a QB.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

That's my thinking. If he gets hurt then we're no worse off then if they cut him now. I think they keep 3 QB's this year with Kellen Moore being the 3rd guy. He seems to be becoming the Jason Garrett (as a player) of this team.

If he plays well though and stays healthy I think teams like Jacksonville and Rams would be teams interested in Romo (in addition to Denver and Houston).

Top Bottom