bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll believe someone signs Church when I see it. Only "bid against myself" Jerry would pay that monument to mediocrity.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Roger this!

And win-loss records aside, this is almost the exact same bunch of jags and losers who went 4-12, what about 13-3 makes them any better? They're not. Anymore than they were with 2014's 12-4 finish.

Pundits and forum dwellers can flap all they want about all these teams coveting our lousy players, but gee look how few have been signed away as FA's the last three years. Only one really of any import was Murray - about the only one we had as a FA that was at least worth a shit.

Our player personnel especially on the defensive side of the ball, fucking sucks and the rest of the league knows it.

I'm telling you, if they could develop a dominant pass rush you really could put any scrub back there and make him look good. The key is getting to the QB and being able to stop the run with your DL. Just like the offense you need a dominant Line. The defense would be just as good as the offense if they would invest in the DL like they did the OL. Enough of the Tyrone Crawfords and Randy Gregory's, we need some studs on the DL. That will make the entire defense better, especially the CB's.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm telling you, if they could develop a dominant pass rush you really could put any scrub back there and make him look good. The key is getting to the QB and being able to stop the run with your DL. Just like the offense you need a dominant Line. The defense would be just as good as the offense if they would invest in the DL like they did the OL. Enough of the Tyrone Crawfords and Randy Gregory's, we need some studs on the DL. That will make the entire defense better, especially the CB's.
That's why teams are lining up to get Claiborne and the rest of the Legion of Boobs - because they like, know these guys are good and all, they just don't get any pass rush help.

Not.

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain Claiborne is gone because someone's gonna pay a crazy amount to get him. I don't think he will have a shortage of suitors. Now Church and Carr? Yeah, I could see them leaving, but I don't think they'll get close to the money Claiborne gets.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
3/8/17, 2:43 PM
Barring a change of heart, #Cowboys safety Barry Church is expected to land with the #Jaguars on a 4-year deal worth more than $6M per year

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
3/8/17, 2:43 PM
Barring a change of heart, #Cowboys safety Barry Church is expected to land with the #Jaguars on a 4-year deal worth more than $6M per year

Good, not over paying another guy that cant cover and will either end up injured this year, or cut next off season for cap reasons. The old great in the locker room king has always been a step slow coverage.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys should also get a 4th round comp pick in 2018 for losing Church.

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain Claiborne is gone because someone's gonna pay a crazy amount to get him. I don't think he will have a shortage of suitors. Now Church and Carr? Yeah, I could see them leaving, but I don't think they'll get close to the money Claiborne gets.

No one is going to sign that scrub besides Jerry. I doubt there is anyone else in the league that hasn't taken a look at where Mo ranks in a typical year among DBs (usually in the 90s), or his injury history.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Church went to the Jags right? Or is that still a rumor?

Reaction score
Here we are right at a year later and it's pretty much the same group of 20 or so FAs nobody wanted last year. Meanwhile the sports writers keep talking about how Dallas is going to lose a bunch of them this year. Question: If they weren't worth a shit last year what the fuck makes anyone think they're worth a shit this year?

There won't be much interest in our FAs, again - because they fucking suck.

We've lost 9 of 18 free agents to other teams.

Doomsday nailed this one.

Top Bottom