yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But Vivek handled it very well. And the audience approved of his message which surprised me since it was CNN. Very telling and your guy held his ground.
Why isnt he your guy? Hell, for that matter, why isnt he everyone's guy?

I dont worship any of these yahoos in politics but at least this guy seems intelligent, thoughtful and well versed on the subject being discussed so he strikes me as the most refreshing candidate since Reagan and I think Vivek is much smarter than Reagan ever was (no knock on him when I say this)

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why isnt he your guy? Hell, for that matter, why isnt he everyone's guy?

The only Republican that can energize the base enough to overcome the level of fraud we'll see is Trump. But I'll tell you.....if Trump dropped dead, I'm a Vivek guy even though I know the outcome.

As a side note, the Colorado Supreme Court just voted to keep Trump off the ballot. The first guy to speak up as Vivek, telling folks he'd remove himself from the ballot as well. That should have been EVERYONE's response. But it wasn't. I'm liking Vivek more and more as a #2 option.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You. Can. Not. Out. Think. A. Crook.

The left has gone complete revolutionary. The country is in a dangerous place my friends.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The only Republican that can energize the base enough to overcome the level of fraud we'll see is Trump. But I'll tell you.....if Trump dropped dead, I'm a Vivek guy even though I know the outcome.

As a side note, the Colorado Supreme Court just voted to keep Trump off the ballot. The first guy to speak up as Vivek, telling folks he'd remove himself from the ballot as well. That should have been EVERYONE's response. But it wasn't. I'm liking Vivek more and more as a #2 option.
aside from the realities of who could actually win in the current environment, if you could insert Trump or Vivek in office, would Vivek be your #1 guy?

For me, its a resounding yes. He's like Trump in term of boldness and shaking things up but without the nonsense and a much better aptitude who likes to read and would be able to bring his youthful energy and intelligence to the position. Some might construe some of his comments toward Haley and others as personal attacks but I take it as attacking their position and policy stances vs Trump who makes petty attacks on people for no discernible benefit. Like when Trump came after Kayleigh McEnany calling her "milktoast" left me thinking WTF man, she's awesome and did a great job for him as press secretary.

I fell in love with her during this encounter:

she's not only beautiful but smart as a whip and her calm zinger of a response with that little smirk was hilarious and awesome

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
aside from the realities of who could actually win in the current environment, if you could insert Trump or Vivek in office, would Vivek be your #1 guy?

No. And I'll tell you why. I think Vivek has skeletons and has also made some anti-America First comments in the past. He's admitted that he's evolved on certain issues but I also think he's catering to the populace/base and what they want to hear.

Trump is the guy that will go after the military industrial complex, the far left and the deep state. And they all exist. He'll give these traitors a bigger middle finger than he did the first time.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Of the the Colorado Supreme Court got it wrong with their decision to remove Trump from the ballot and they know it, which is why they stayed their decision until January 4, 2024, unless Trump appeals to the Supreme Court. Then their ruling is stayed until the Supreme Court makes its eventual ruling.

But what is interesting his how the Democrats are defending the Colorado SC. They are equating Jan 6 with the Civil War! Someone on Twitter asked me this morning if the 14th Amendment applied to Robert E Lee. I had to inform him that Lee was actually indicted for treason by a grand jury! He probably didn;t know that. But Lee was never tried because the Union did not want to instigate more trouble with the south. Lee retired to the south and never ran for office. If he did, I suppose he could be tried for treason and convicted. After all the evidence was clear. There was a civil war and people died. The confederate states signed documents attesting to their wishing to wage war with the Unions and Confederate generals swore an oath to the confederacy.

But what does this have to do with Trump? Trump held a rally and he expressed an opinion that the election was rigged after numerous reports of suspicious activity appeared in the media. There were witnesses who claimed to have witnessed possible fraud. Trump never expressed any desire to overthrow the government. J6 protesters were not armed and made no attempt to overthrow the government, and Trump was heard saying, "I know you are going to the Capitol to have your voices heard peacefully and patriotically. " Trump never pledged his allegiance to another government or aided another government in the overthrow of teh US government. The protester carried American flags and were their believing they were saving the Union not harming it.

In 2000 Al Gore sued the state of Florida to half the certification of Florida's election results. Gore made all kinds of claims about activities that he believed lowered his actual vote totals. No one accused Gore of insurrection or treason. No one accused him of indicted him for attempting to overturn the election.

The was no insurrection in 2020 but we are where we are because people back then used the term inappropriately and Republicans went along with it. Words have meaning and consequences.

Top Bottom