yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
why praise? All he had to say was "Welcome Mr. Vice-President, we are honored by your presence this evening." He didn't have to mean it, but a classy person would have said it. You don't insult your guests just because they conflict with your personal politics.

Same difference, you're making my point. As long as he didn't say anything beyond an intro, etc, then no harm, no foul, but cross that line and here comes the butt-hurt offended parade, only this time its not being lead by the dems, its now the republicans because when they do it, its ok (just as the dems would proclaim if the situation were reversed)

I found nothing insulting about what the guy said but I've got pretty thick skin and it takes a helluva lot to offend me.

PS..I'm disgusted by the entire notion of being "honored" by any politicians presence. Fuck these people, they work for you and I, they should be honored to be in the presence of the people they were elected to serve. Not walk around with an air of superiority because of their position made available due to the taxes paid by Americans everywhere.

I went to a recent city meeting to discuss how to deal with an intersection and I swear to god the first 30 minutes was nothing but glad handing by every city employee and politician kissing each others asses and praising one another for taking the time out of their busy lives to DO THEIR FUCKING JOB!

Fucking assholes, this is why nothing gets done, everyone is too wrapped up in themselves and trying to get credit or being offended at every perceived slight because they think more of themselves than they should.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I found nothing insulting about what the guy said but I've got pretty thick skin and it takes a helluva lot to offend me.

a lecture that included the words "alarmed and anxious" isn't an insult? are all liberals this rude and arrogant? being a dick to people who paid to see you is how you got Trump, and giving the middle finger to his supporters isn't good business.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
a lecture that included the words "alarmed and anxious" isn't an insult? are all liberals this rude and arrogant? being a dick to people who paid to see you is how you got Trump, and giving the middle finger to his supporters isn't good business.

I would agree that being rude, arrogant and condescending has been an issue with the dems but this situation didn't bother me and his tone was fine imo. Hardly struck me as a huge middle finger either but you obviously feel differently and I fully support your right to do so.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yim and Rynie bringing the anger to the DCU today

:lol I'm not bringing any anger toward anyone here (I love this place), my opinions (& Rynies) are apparently upsetting folks, which was not my intention at all.

No need to get upset over my opinions, I've got no power to influence anything and based on the reactions, the people I would need to influence are the least likely to get on board and buy into what I've said.

such is the nature of the subject, middle ground is virtually impossible to reach

Reaction score
Clinton Foundation seen at a crossroads after Hillary Clinton's dashed White House dreams

Could the Clinton Foundation's prodigious fundraising ability suffer a similar fate as Hillary Clinton's dashed political ambitions?

During her bid for the White House, the nonprofit bearing the names of Clinton, the former president and their daughter came under withering scrutiny for its fundraising and management practices. The foundation, which operates a range of philanthropic projects around the world and pulled in more than $200 million in revenue in 2014, has raised around $2 billion since its founding—but that money has come with a cost.

Despite scoring relatively high in accountability and transparency by nonprofit watchdogs, the foundation nonetheless became a flash-point in the 2016 election. It was dogged by accusations of influence peddling and conflicts of interests due in large part to hefty contributions from foreign governments and other influential donors. Since the organization's inception, tens of millions from big donors have flowed to the organization, according to the Foundation's public database.

As emails disclosed by WikiLeaks laid bare internal concerns about how the Clinton Foundation's funding might impact the former Secretary of State's run for the Oval Office, former President Bill Clinton announced in August that the nonprofit would reject corporate and foreign donations if Hillary Clinton prevailed in her campaign.

Yet as the country prepares to inaugurate President-elect Donald Trump, the point may be moot at best, philanthropy experts told CNBC recently. That is because neither Clinton will occupy a prominent role in government in the immediate future—curtailing the willingness of at least some big donors to try and curry favor with the foundation by writing large checks.

Because Hillary Clinton is no longer seen as a president in waiting, contributors may look elsewhere and the foundation may have to rethink its scope and priorities, these experts say.

The foundation did not respond to numerous requests for comment from CNBC.

"I would expect there will be much greater difficulties in fundraising for the organization," Leslie Lenkowsky, a professor with Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University, told CNBC in an interview.

Hillary Clinton "technically has no political prospects ahead of her. They're both important people, but dealing with a past president and future president were attractive to a number of donors," Lenkowsky said. Some of the largest checks came from a range of influential donors like the governments of Norway, Australia and Kuwait.

"Some of that goodwill will disappear, [and] they will have to raise money the old fashioned way, which is proving they deserve it," he added.

'Sort of uncomplicated'

John Wonderlich, executive director of the Sunlight Foundation, argued that Clinton's aborted political ambitions could be a "double-edged sword" for the foundation, liberating it to become more of a traditional nonprofit that's less susceptible to conflicts of interest.

"The Clintons had to create some sort of arm's length" between the organization and the prospect of a second Clinton White House, Wonderlich said, "but now there's no need for any arm's length. I can imagine this is a vehicle they pour themselves back into…now it's sort of uncomplicated," he added.

"In a sense they might have an easier time fundraising, but [for potential donors] there's no longer the appeal of getting close to a future president," Wonderlich said.

To be certain, the Clinton Foundation has a host of loyal contributors that are interested in the organization's work, and no one expects the money spigot to shut completely. Major donors include the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation—one of the organization's top donors which has given more than $25 million.

'Regular foundation'

Others, however, were less sanguine about the foundation being able to raise the same sums for its initiatives. Indiana University's Lenkowsky cited the experience of former GOP nominee Bob Dole, who once operated a nonprofit for employing people with disabilities that shuttered shortly after his political career ended.

"It's just a fact of life that people in the public eye attract money for all sorts of reasons," Lenkowsky said. "Once they are not in the public eye, the money starts to dry up."

While no one expects the Clinton Foundation to close its doors, a few observers expect a reorganization of priorities and management, at a minimum.

"Obviously they're not going to attract that much money, but they're becoming more of a legitimate foundation with a professional staff," said Pablo Eisneberg, senior fellow at the Center for Public and Nonprofit Leadership Center at Georgetown University. He cited last year's hiring of former University of Miami president Donna Shalala as part of the organization becoming more of a "regular foundation."

Hillary Clinton's loss "gives the Clinton Foundation an opportunity to focus," said Lenkowsky . "It needs to be much more focused and less involved with the political and financial interests of the Clintons, and more focused on all the things it's actually accomplishing."

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Perhaps, but if the guy had stood up and praised Pence, I doubt there would be any outrage, so the real issue is what was said not the appearance of grand standing.

It seems to me this comes along with choosing to be a public servant plus I didn't find what was said or how it was said to be rude or offensive, so Pence, Trump, et al can toughen up buttercup like those that have been protesting or being upset about Trump winning the presidency need to do.

I think it good to see people rising out of the apathy that most of us are mired in and if stuff like this gets everyone more involved, that seems like a good thing (imho)

so the real issue is what was said not the appearance of grand standing.

:lol Wut?

Yeah, content is normally at issue when someone says or presents themselves in public. That's how human interaction functions. Standing up to a Kim Jong Un is a commendable action, because he is horrible and it is risky. Play-acting like you're some kind of modern day Rosa Parks in this PC climate is nothing short of self-aggrandizing posturing.

And don't worry, there's no discernible measure of apathy amongst this generation of gentle roses that want to play the victim card. Just turn your head in any direction and you'll be sure to find some flower who's frightened and offended in the freest nation in the world. And he/she will be more than happy to let you know.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Eh Pence does have a shitty record on gay rights. I didn't think anything they said was terribly offensive. I have no idea what proper theater etiquette is though.

The booing from the crowd didn't exhibit much class.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Eh Pence does have a shitty record on gay rights. I didn't think anything they said was terribly offensive. I have no idea what proper theater etiquette is though.

The booing from the crowd didn't exhibit much class.

I happen to think Pence has a pretty good record on gays. Non pandering to a group of morally depraved miserable souls is a great record.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
However in regard to SJW, they seem overly sensitive about "micro-aggressions" or complete non-issues like I would categorize the comments made by the guy from Hamilton, so I think my observation is fair but feel free to enlighten me on what I am missing. I'm not married to this opinion, I just think Trump has more important issues to worry about than this non issue.

It seems to me this comes along with choosing to be a public servant plus I didn't find what was said or how it was said to be rude or offensive, so Pence, Trump, et al can toughen up buttercup like those that have been protesting or being upset about Trump winning the presidency need to do.

Here's the issue Yimy.....We've gotten beyond the point of just disagreeing on issues or having different opinions. Now if you disagree with the left, you're a racist. You support certain positions (ie: All Lives Matter), you're a racist. You believe that our country should have secure borders, you're a racist. You call terrorists Islamic Extremists, you're a racist. When someone stands up and lectures you in a theater and talks about inclusion and fairness and whatever other bullshit this idiot spewed, he's all but claiming you're a racist. And the guy was a coward too because he made a statement in a forum where the VP couldn't respond.

That was a line that really wasn't crossed to often, now is just the normal characterization from the left. It's what disgusts me the most. I was minding my own business in front of my office having a smoke and some random black guy walks up and asks for a cigarette. Because I wouldn't give him one, he goes on a tirade and calls me a racist. There was a time when someone would have gotten a couple of back hands and sent on his way.

So you may see nothing wrong with what was said but I do have an issue with the context. Disagree with me all day and I'll respect that. Disagree with me and claim my opinion is based on racism, and I have an issue. This is the climate the current President helped fuel practically from his first day in office.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
And this same bunch of yo-yo's proclaiming diversity:

The details of the Hamilton casting call released in March read, “Seeking NON-WHITE men and women, ages 20s to 30s, for Broadway and upcoming Tours.”

When the show’s producers and staff were confronted about this seeming violation of federal employment laws, show producer Jeffrey Seller insisted that Hamilton encourages “diversity,” but that it was perfectly legitimate to exclude all white people. “I stand by it and believe it to be legal,” Seller said of the controversial casting call.

Apparently, “diversity” does not include white people as far as Lin-Manuel Miranda and Hamilton are concerned.

Story

Casting Call

:lol Yeah. Frightened flowers 'fearing' a lack of diversity.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
And this same bunch of yo-yo's proclaiming diversity:

Story

Casting Call

:lol Yeah. Frightened flowers 'fearing' a lack of diversity.

Instead of the "unity" and "coming together" they all scream for, what they really mean is let us boot whitey out of the way and have it all for us. Sadly too many brainwashed whites feel guilt rather than pride for their own ethnicity. We may see more strife in our future rather than "unity" especially if enough whites wake up.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here's the issue Yimy.....We've gotten beyond the point of just disagreeing on issues or having different opinions. Now if you disagree with the left, you're a racist. You support certain positions (ie: All Lives Matter), you're a racist. You believe that our country should have secure borders, you're a racist. You call terrorists Islamic Extremists, you're a racist. When someone stands up and lectures you in a theater and talks about inclusion and fairness and whatever other bullshit this idiot spewed, he's all but claiming you're a racist. And the guy was a coward too because he made a statement in a forum where the VP couldn't respond.

That was a line that really wasn't crossed to often, now is just the normal characterization from the left. It's what disgusts me the most. I was minding my own business in front of my office having a smoke and some random black guy walks up and asks for a cigarette. Because I wouldn't give him one, he goes on a tirade and calls me a racist. There was a time when someone would have gotten a couple of back hands and sent on his way.

So you may see nothing wrong with what was said but I do have an issue with the context. Disagree with me all day and I'll respect that. Disagree with me and claim my opinion is based on racism, and I have an issue. This is the climate the current President helped fuel practically from his first day in office.

Fair points, I agree with a lot of that and have said as much previously.

I feel the animosity between both sides has gotten so high and seems beyond repair that even good intentioned people from either side can't be believed because the trust is so damaged. I wish we could find a way to get past that but I don't see it happening.

Feelings are hurt and grudges run deep.

It seems that no matter what is said or how its said, its still interpreted through the pre-existed prism of the party one is beholden to and thats a real obstacle to mutually enlightening dialogue, of which I am a huge proponent.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
had this been Tim Kaine, the media would be screaming about "disrespect"

Top Bottom