Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was a mistake, she was talking about raising taxes on the rich. She said that "Trump wants to cut taxes for the super-rich" and then said "Well we’re not going there, my friends. I’m telling you right now, we’re going to write fairer rules for the middle class and we are going to raise taxes on the middle class!”

Still makes her look stupid but was an error.
Could have been a slip Sigmund would have raised his eyebrows to. Hillary knows taxing the rich won't pay for shit really - you could confiscate all accumulated wealth and wages/salaries of the entire 1 percent for 5 years and never make a dent in the deficit - hitting the middle class has always been where it's at if you wanna really raise revenue.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's happening already

My long time friend who has always been one of the most conservative ppl I know will no longer vote for Trump after this week of BS

the straw that broke the camels back was Trump not supporting Paul Ryan after he agreed to back Trump for the good of the party

That was what I feared would happen eventually

I've heard it from a few Never Hillary ppl who now say they can't in good conscience vote for Trump and will vote 3rd party knowing that it is essentially the same as casting another vote for Hillary

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
It's happening already

My long time friend who has always been one of the most conservative ppl I know will no longer vote for Trump after this week of BS

the straw that broke the camels back was Trump not supporting Paul Ryan after he agreed to back Trump for the good of the party

I've heard it from a few Never Hillary ppl who now say they can't in good conscience vote for Trump and will vote 3rd party knowing that it is essentially the same as casting another vote for Hillary

Then those people are idiots. On the one hand Trump is just paying back Ryan and its all talk anyway. Meaningless. On the other hand Ryan is an incumbent loser who is part of the status quo do nothing establishment network. Havent true conservatives had enough of the do nothing Republicans?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's happening already

Then your longtime friend is an idiot when it comes to this stuff.

First off, Paul Ryan is a loser. He's done nothing but help Obama as much (if not more) than Boehner did. He's also shown what a pussy he is by refusing to debate the guy challenging him. Same thing goes for Trump refusing to support John McCain. McCain doesn't deserve anyone's support, he's been a lousy fake Republican senator for years and ran one of the worst campaigns ever in 2008.

People need to get their head out of their ass on this stuff. If Hillary wins, this country is THROUGH. OVER. DONE. She will appoint multiple extremist judges to the SCOTUS and continue to shape the courts down stream with countless liberal/Marxist thinking people as well. This is the single biggest issue out there and should be the lone reason why NOBODY should want Hillary for Pres, especially moderate to conservative people who believe in this country. if they stay home this election, vote 3rd party or vote for that hag instead of Trump they are all fucking traitors and ultimately deserve whatever shitstorm happens down the road to them.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was afraid of all along. Just a pretty good R candidate would have a great chance of beating Hilary simply because she's such an unlikable candidate with so many skeletons in her closet.

But Trump is going to be so thin skinned and so outrageous, he's going to hand it to the Dems. Just terrible.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Heard a story yesterday that democrats started planning the "Gang of 8" thing long before it actually took place and specifically targeted Marco Rubio because they feared him more than anyone else in the R party in terms of Presidential chances. They knew if they could lure him into that it'd be his downfall politically.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Which is exactly why Rubio was my guy going back to 2012.

And the gang of eight wasn't as big a factor as him getting drawn offside by Trump in that ridiculous hand size discussion.

Say what you want about Rubio's policy imperfections, but none of it matters if you aren't electable in the general.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rubio could have been unbeatable, but that Gang of 8 thing did torpedo him.

Trump beat him up pretty good but he could have overcome that I think.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trump raised 80 million in July:

Trump Raises $80 Million in Major July Fundraising Bounce
By J.J. GALLAGHER Aug 4, 2016, 4:14 AM ET

After a bruising week, Donald Trump's bid for the presidency got much-needed relief in the form of some substantial monthly fundraising numbers. The Trump campaign announced on Wednesday a total haul of $80 million for the month of July, including $64 million in donations and another $16 million raised at big-ticket events held in conjunction with the Republican National Committee.

The figures were released by the Trump campaign days after the deadline to submit required monthly disclosures to the Federal Election Commission (FEC). The FEC will release detailed reports later this month.

Although the numbers came as a major improvement for Trump, he was still outpaced by Clinton, as July marked the best fundraising month of the 2016 cycle for both campaigns. Hillary Clinton's campaign committee, Hillary for America, raised $90 million in coordinated efforts with the Democratic National Committee (DNC), according to a statement released earlier this week. The Clinton camp reported $63 million raised directly by her campaign and an additional $26 million generated with the help of the DNC and state democratic parties across the country. Clinton raised $8.7 million in just 24 hours following her formal acceptance of the party's nomination during the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, the campaign said.

"We have raised with the small donor $35.8 million," Trump said Monday at an event in Columbus, Ohio. "Think of that, I believe it’s 517,000 donors. Think of that. That’s in a month."

The July windfall gives Trump ammunition for what is sure to be an intense final stretch leading up to the election and helped to shrink what was a considerable funding gap between the two campaigns. Trump finished the month with $37 million cash on hand, compared to $58 million for Clinton. Prior to becoming the official GOP nominee in July, Trump had largely self-funded his campaign, to the tune of $56 million, including $2 million last month alone.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have yet to meet a single person who still honestly believes that Trump will make a good president because of his thin skin and temperament

The feeling is always the same

Well he's not Hillary

He has lost a portion of the rep base.

With his off the cuff screwy comments he continues to loose rep support regularly

I will vote for Trump (pretty much) no matter what. I can't think of anything he could say that would sway me away from voting for him. I fully understand the finality of allowing Hillary into the WH with the ability to select the next 3-5 SCOTUS.

Trump is proving unfit to be president in most people's minds

The alternative is unthinkable.

If he is pushing away long time republicans who fully understand the importance of the SCOTUS nominations how in the hell is he ever going to turn the swing vote or the undecided voters who don't understand or care about the SCOTUS nominations ?

I just wish he would shut the fuck up and stop throwing away this damn election

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I have yet to meet a single person who still honestly believes that Trump will make a good president because of his thin skin and temperament

Well he's not Hillary

With his off the cuff screwy comments he continues to loose rep support regularly

I will vote for Trump (pretty much) no matter what. I can't think of anything he could say that would sway me away from voting for him. I fully understand the finality of allowing Hillary into the WH with the ability to select the next 3-5 SCOTUS.

If he is pushing away long time republicans who fully understand the importance of the SCOTUS nominations how in the hell is he ever going to turn the swing vote or the undecided voters who don't understand or care about the SCOTUS nominations ?

I wish you would shut up with your drivel. You really cannot figure it out can you? Trump is doing exactly what he should be doing- anyone attacking him gets hit back. The Khan thing is unraveling for the Dems as more and more com,e out about Daddy.

And now the first Trump adds will start hitting Hilary.

and I have met a lot of people who think Trump will do fine in the White House. So your claim is BS.

You sound like the typical couch potato RINO. wah wah wah TRUMP is mean; Trump is not polite; etc.

This election that is what is needed and when you figure it out let us know

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Trump is unfit to be President, how can Hillary not be as well?

Only in today's American media can someone do the shit her and her family have done for decades and be considered a gift from God for our country.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Only in today's American media can someone do the shit her and her family have done for decades and be considered a gift from God for our country.

you got to remember that to libs the ends justify the means. To get their agenda done they would vote for anyone no matter how horrible they were. Bill Clinton abused women and they ignored that because he pushed their agenda. KKK Bird- all he had to do was play their game and he was forgiven for everything. No surprise at all.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish you would shut up with your drivel. You really cannot figure it out can you? Trump is doing exactly what he should be doing- anyone attacking him gets hit back. The Khan thing is unraveling for the Dems as more and more com,e out about Daddy.

Here's the problem. The liberal media won't repoprt it. Just they won't report Hillary's blatant lie when she said the FBI basically stated she was being truthful. I mean....a look youstraight in the eye, bald faced lie. The lady is a serial liar. But no one wants to report it.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score

She isn't. Neither of them are fit to be President.

It is an embarrassment to be honest

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

Well he's not Hillary

I don’t think he’s any more or less temperamental or thin-skinned than any politician, especially Hillary. I’d be more afraid of the consequences of pissing her off than Trump. He’s arrogant, she’s vindictive and powerful. Trump will talk foul and brash; she’ll quietly have you killed.

His problem is lack of political savvy and it is somewhat damaging in the eyes low-info, surface level observers. If he could articulate his message better, assuring voters that he’ll surround himself with the best and the brightest and for God’’s sake quit reacting to every contrived lap-dog attack, he’d win over a lot more people. He’s as tactful as chimpanzee and is easily walking into their poorly contrived traps.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I have to laugh at the idea he needs seasoned politicians for anything. What have they accomplished over the last 20 years or so?

as regards SCOTUS nomination you look at their record on the bench. Then call them in and talk to them.

Frankly some objections here to Trump sound very much like whining from establishment politicians he has ignored.

Top Bottom