VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Police say that a Clinton supporter lit a flag on fire near a group of Trump supporters and attacked a man near the Clinton-Kaine event downtown Saturday afternoon.

The incident happened at the intersection of 10th Street and Penn Avenue around 4 p.m.

According to a criminal complaint, police were told Joshua Sturman was in the area to support Hillary Clinton, who spoke at a rally at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center later that afternoon. A group of Trump supporters had gathered on the opposing sidewalk in what police say was a peaceful assembly.

Sturman crossed the street and walked into the middle of the group of Trump supporters. The criminal complaint says the members of the group were standing close to one another, shoulder-to-shoulder. The complaint says Sturman then pulled out a flag and began to light it on fire.

The Trump supporters attempted to put out the fire, which “enraged” Sturman. Sturman then threw a Trump supporter to the ground and attempted to jump on top of him. Bystanders alerted nearby officers, and police removed Sturman and placed him under detention.

Link

Reaction score
Moral absolutes are not subjective nor are they based on a cultural or historical situational ethic. So lying is always wrong. Stealing is always wrong. Murder is always wrong.
Over-simplification. Lying, stealing, and murder aren't always wrong. They could all be justified given the proper circumstances. And there are a lot more illegal actions than lying, stealing, and murder.

There are competing (aka subjective) reasonable viewpoints on all of the issues I brought up in my original post about things the Right tries to outlaw, so yes, most morals are subjective based on a host of factors.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Being Trump supporter feels similar to being a Cowboy fan

It's guaranteed that Trump will say stupid shit weekly, and the same goes for Garret's shitty coaching. You know that both are absolutes.

You hope for the best with each of them knowing that they will both let you down in November

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Over-simplification. Lying, stealing, and murder aren't always wrong. They could all be justified given the proper circumstances. And there are a lot more illegal actions than lying, stealing, and murder.

There are competing (aka subjective) reasonable viewpoints on all of the issues I brought up in my original post about things the Right tries to outlaw, so yes, most morals are subjective based on a host of factors.

Using a few obvious examples is not over simplification.

Morals are absolutes and it why they are morals.

Situations may exist where a person has to choose a lesser wrong/evil since we live in an imperfec world but that doesnt change an absolute. It simply justifies the choice based on circumstances.

Reaction score
Just the control freaks on the right control which regimes govern?
I didn't say that did I?

The left does it too. And they're also control freaks. You're the one in here pretending the control freaks only exist on the left, and it's just not true.

Reaction score
Using a few obvious examples is not over simplification.
No, the over-simplification is pretending that you can just say lying, stealing, and murdering are always wrong... they're not always wrong.

Morals are absolutes and it why they are morals.

Situations may exist where a person has to choose a lesser wrong/evil since we live in an imperfec world but that doesnt change an absolute. It simply justifies the choice based on circumstances.
So we've found another word you don't know the meaning of. If a certain moral ideal is an absolute, then there is no justifying a choice that goes against that. Absolute means there is no "out."

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
No, the over-simplification is pretending that you can just say lying, stealing, and murdering are always wrong... they're not always wrong.

So we've found another word you don't know the meaning of. If a certain moral ideal is an absolute, then there is no justifying a choice that goes against that. Absolute means there is no "out."

After reading your posts over a period of time I have a hard time believing you are really a lawyer. Maybe an office paper pusher lawyer. But even then you would have to have a certain level of reading comprehension and ability to actually think. And your response to my post indicates you have neither.

Reaction score
I can vouche for peplaw. His primary focus is bird law. He knows much about the law and other lawyerings.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So the FBI wanted to open investigations into the Clinton Foundation, and the DOJ told them to back off.

Gee what a shock.

Seriously anyone that votes for Hillary should be fucking shot. If you are this fucking stupid and naive, you should be put down so the rest of us don't have to suffer. At a bare minimum you should never be allowed to vote in an election again.

Reaction score
After reading your posts over a period of time I have a hard time believing you are really a lawyer. Maybe an office paper pusher lawyer. But even then you would have to have a certain level of reading comprehension and ability to actually think. And your response to my post indicates you have neither.
I don't give two shits what you believe. You debate like a four year old. When you can't bullshit your way out of some ridiculous comment you made, you resort to the ad hominems and give up all semblance of staying on topic.

Top Bottom