InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
I feel fairly certain we cancelled out each others vote at least when it comes to popular vote. There is zero doubt Washington will go blue and little doubt Texas will go red so in regards to the electoral college it does not mean as much.
Yes in Texas I heard court threw out 120,000 votes

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

tou heard wrong

HARRIS COUNTY'S DRIVE-THRU VOTES WILL NOT BE THROWN OUT, FEDERAL JUDGE RULES

HOUSTON — Harris County's drive-thru votes will not be thrown out, U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen ruled on Monday morning.

Drive-thru voting locations in Harris County will also be open on Election Day. This was a concern after rumors started to circulate that the judge could close down the locations in Monday's ruling.

It was a waiting game over the weekend for the fate of nearly 127,000 votes cast at drive-thru polling locations in the Houston area during early voting.

A federal hearing was scheduled for Monday morning to rule on those votes with less than 24 hours until the polls open for Election Day. A conference call was set up for reporters to be able to listen in to what's being discussed at the federal courthouse, but many reported technical issues as the hearing got underway.

During the hearing, outside the courthouse, there was public reaction to the case. Dozens of people arrived with signs, with some in the park adjacent to the courthouse, demanding that the votes be counted.

Harris County's drive-thru votes were challenged by a Republican-led effort. Their argument is that the method of voting violates the United States Constitution. But the ACLU stepped in, saying it was an attempt at voter suppression.

On Sunday, the all-Republican Texas Supreme Court rejected a request to throw out the drive-thru votes. So the GOP group behind the complaint took their fight to the federal court system.

Had the judge excluded the votes, it would have left roughly 10 percent of the county's early voters in limbo.

Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said she expects an appeal to the judge's ruling but reiterated in a tweet that "drive-thru voting is safe, secure, and legal" and encouraged residents to vote Tuesday.

Last month, Harris County set up drive-thru voting for added safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. County leaders argued that drive-thru voting is legal and it was approved by the state beforehand.

Over the weekend, Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins released a statement, defending the voting method.

“Drive-thru voting is a safe, secure and convenient way to vote,” Hollins stated. “Texas Election Code allows it, the Secretary of State approved it, and 127,000 voters from all walks of life have used it. Our office is committed to counting every vote cast by registered voters in this election. In the event court proceedings require any additional steps from these voters, we will work swiftly to provide that information to the public.”

In response to the judge's ruling, Presidential nominee Joe Biden released the following statement:

"Today is a victory for Texas voters and the more than 120,000 Texans who followed the rules, made a plan to drive-in vote, and exercised their constitutional right. Make no mistake: this is not a partisan victory. This is a victory for voters across the country who are exercising their constitutional right to make their voices heard.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
tou heard wrong

HARRIS COUNTY'S DRIVE-THRU VOTES WILL NOT BE THROWN OUT, FEDERAL JUDGE RULES

HOUSTON — Harris County's drive-thru votes will not be thrown out, U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen ruled on Monday morning.

Drive-thru voting locations in Harris County will also be open on Election Day. This was a concern after rumors started to circulate that the judge could close down the locations in Monday's ruling.

It was a waiting game over the weekend for the fate of nearly 127,000 votes cast at drive-thru polling locations in the Houston area during early voting.

A federal hearing was scheduled for Monday morning to rule on those votes with less than 24 hours until the polls open for Election Day. A conference call was set up for reporters to be able to listen in to what's being discussed at the federal courthouse, but many reported technical issues as the hearing got underway.

During the hearing, outside the courthouse, there was public reaction to the case. Dozens of people arrived with signs, with some in the park adjacent to the courthouse, demanding that the votes be counted.

Harris County's drive-thru votes were challenged by a Republican-led effort. Their argument is that the method of voting violates the United States Constitution. But the ACLU stepped in, saying it was an attempt at voter suppression.

On Sunday, the all-Republican Texas Supreme Court rejected a request to throw out the drive-thru votes. So the GOP group behind the complaint took their fight to the federal court system.

Had the judge excluded the votes, it would have left roughly 10 percent of the county's early voters in limbo.

Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said she expects an appeal to the judge's ruling but reiterated in a tweet that "drive-thru voting is safe, secure, and legal" and encouraged residents to vote Tuesday.

Last month, Harris County set up drive-thru voting for added safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. County leaders argued that drive-thru voting is legal and it was approved by the state beforehand.

Over the weekend, Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins released a statement, defending the voting method.

“Drive-thru voting is a safe, secure and convenient way to vote,” Hollins stated. “Texas Election Code allows it, the Secretary of State approved it, and 127,000 voters from all walks of life have used it. Our office is committed to counting every vote cast by registered voters in this election. In the event court proceedings require any additional steps from these voters, we will work swiftly to provide that information to the public.”

In response to the judge's ruling, Presidential nominee Joe Biden released the following statement:

"Today is a victory for Texas voters and the more than 120,000 Texans who followed the rules, made a plan to drive-in vote, and exercised their constitutional right. Make no mistake: this is not a partisan victory. This is a victory for voters across the country who are exercising their constitutional right to make their voices heard.

yeah my mistake. Read a bad source but ur right.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
There is no way to throw out votes that meet the requirements that were on the books at the time of the election and that arrived on time. If votes were "thrown" out then there is a legal reason for it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
3994a09c89b0f39d7630b6e3af827297.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No one is calling Texas yet

I was just shocked to see it Blue in the early stages of reporting

It has since swung to red (at least currently)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No one is calling Texas yet

I was just shocked to see it Blue in the early stages of reporting

It has since swung to red (at least currently)
It's not been called yet there's only 68 percent of counties/districts reporting. As usual the big cities are blue. Nothing all that surprising yet.

Where did you see it blue?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
CNN

like I said

Nothing was called

He was just ahead at the time I saw it

Which surprised me

It has since switched to red

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
WHY AP HASN’T CALLED NORTH CAROLINA:

The Associated Press has not declared a winner in North Carolina’s presidential contest because the race between President Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden is too early to call.

Trump, who is locked in a tight battle with Biden to secure the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency, prematurely claimed early Wednesday that he won the state.

“We’ve clearly won North Carolina, where we’re up 1.7%, 77,000 votes with only approximately 5% left. They can’t catch us,” he said during an appearance at the White House. Trump also said he planned to contest the U.S. presidential election before the Supreme Court. It was unclear, exactly, what legal action he might pursue.

Though Trump is correct that he held a 76,000-vote lead in the state early Wednesday, the race is too early to call and there are still about 200,000 mail-in ballots left to count.

As long as those ballots are postmarked by Nov. 3, state election officials have until Nov. 12 to count them. And when it comes to mail ballots, Biden was far outperforming Trump.

That means there’s a considerable number of ballots yet to be counted that could give Biden a lead.

https://apnews.com/article/ap-explains-race-calls-0b1988605f9101f4b799fc63b01e0090

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
I am not saying I endorse this theory of a coup yet but he does have a point about the counting pause and the change once it resumed. There have been multiple coup attempts against Trump the last four years so it would not surprise me if this was yet another.

Top Bottom