SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
In all seriousness israel does this and it works but America could never do it. Too many pussies

I think the Swiss and others do it as well.
And you're exactly right, pretty soon there would be an app telling you the ways to dodge conscription.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What is this fascination with making things mandatory? You don't want it to be mandated that you purchase health insurance. You don't want it mandated that you have to pray to Allah.

But when you accept certain government mandates because you agree with that position, you set the precedent for the government potentially mandating things you don't agree with. When the majority of people don't agree with you, and you don't agree with the government policy, that's when you get those mandates that infringe on your rights.

I will criticize every government mandate, even if I may agree that the thing mandated is a good thing, because one day when the government and I are at odds, I don't want to be mandated to do something I think is a bad thing.

Couldn't agree more.

I've had discussions with friends who want prayer in school and I say no you dont, you want your approved type of prayer in schools.

The minute they're saying an Islamic, Buddhist, etc prayer, you'll be up in arms. You dont need a government mandate, if you want to pray, just pray and STFU about it, its not meant for show anyway.

I feel the same way about marriage. I dont need some stupid government to put their stamp of approval on marriage for it to have validity. They should just have civil unions, stay the hell out of it, and let people ascribe whatever religious meaning they want.

Reaction score
The anti-Trump protesters are making a huge mistake

The protests that erupted in several major cities after the election of Donald Trump as president were certainly expected. But Democrats, racial minorities, gays and lesbians, or conservative "Never Trumpers" who decide to continue to demonize Trump like these protesters are making a big and self-destructive mistake.

The reason is simple: Trump is not a career politician with positions set in stone. Like anyone just getting into the political world, Trump's positions on a number of policies have evolved ever since he began his campaign in 2015. Writing him off as a typical conservative, liberal or any other label is foolish. There has simply never been a president-elect more likely to change his mind on the issues, because he hasn't yet made up his mind on so many of those issues.

Nowhere is that more evident than it is with social issues. Wednesday night's protests were dominated by chants accusing Trump of being racist, sexist, and a homophobe. But are we really supposed to believe that a man who's been a very public playboy in the Manhattan social scene for 30-plus years is some kind of social conservative? Does anyone think Trump believes he has a mandate to roll back abortion laws, repeal gay marriage, or wipe out affirmative action?

Based on everything Trump said in rally after rally, especially down the stretch of the campaign, social issues are barely on his or his staff's radar. And when it is, it's not exactly regressive. Remember that, during his Republican convention acceptance speech, he called for gay rights and made a dramatic point of pausing to acknowledge to crowd's accompanying applause.

Contrast that with some of the leaders of the business community. Many of them are either staying silent or reaching out to Trump despite not supporting him in the election. The most stark example of this kind of wiser move comes from Amazon (AMZN) founder and CEO Jeff Bezos. Bezos, who also owns a controlling interest in the Washington Post, became a target for Trump's ire earlier this year after the newspaper began a steady stream of critical items about Trump on its news and editorial pages. Trump responded by saying Amazon might be a monopoly that should be broken up, and that he was considering suing the Post for libel. Who knows how Bezos reacted to Trump's election late Tuesday night, but publicly Bezos is extending an olive branch with this tweet Wednesday:

"Congratulations to @realDonaldTrump. I for one give him my most open mind and wish him great success in his service to the country."

But that's not all. Just look at what some of Trump's sharpest political detractors are doing now. Senator Bernie Sanders issued a statement acknowledging that Trump has tapped into legitimate frustrations over "establishment economics and establishment politics." And he promised to work with Trump to fix that. Senator Elizabeth Warren has made similar comments, saying she will put aside her differences with Trump to, "rebuild our economy for working people." Sanders and Warren still peppered those conciliatory comments with sharp threats to oppose Trump on social issues, but they did not make that the sum total of their statements.

The anti-Trump protesters offer no such common ground. For them, it's all gloom and doom in all of its flag-burning, civil disobedience glory.

Instead, I would recommend simply asking him for the support for the cause or right you are fighting for. With his track record, you never know! He just may support it. In any case, that just seems like a more logical move at this point than making him an enemy before you even give him a chance to be an ally.

Commentary by Jake Novak, CNBC.com senior columnist. Follow him on Twitter @jakejakeny.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Those protests are sponsored and paid for by Soros and the others joining in are just happy to show their stupidity and use it as an excuse to act like fools. Saying any in this group should use their brains or act rational is asking or expecting a bit much, No?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Did we see anything like this after McCain and Romney lost?

I don't remember seeing stuff like this.

Maybe I have selective memory, but shit like this shows me I'm on the right side. Hopefully all of us that voted against these types of people and their beliefs, hopefully we remember that in 4 years when we go to vote against them again.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
eh, i used to wanna fuck her until I seen what she looks like out from behind a fox news set desk.

She looks like slender man with a decent rack.

No thanks.

Reaction score
Clinton blames FBI's Comey for her defeat in call with donors

By Luciana Lopez and Ginger Gibson

NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Hillary Clinton blamed FBI director James Comey for her stunning defeat in Tuesday's presidential election in a conference call with her top campaign funders on Saturday, according to two participants who were on the call.

Clinton was projected by nearly every national public opinion poll as the heavy favorite going into Tuesday's race. Instead, Republican Donald Trump won the election, shocking many throughout the nation and prompting widespread protests.

Clinton has kept a low profile since her defeat after delivering her concession speech on Wednesday morning.

Clinton told her supporters on Saturday that her team had drafted a memo that looked at the changing opinion polls leading up to the election and that the letter from Comey proved to be a turning point. She said Comey's decision to go public with the renewed examination of her email server had caused an erosion of support in the upper Midwest, according to three people familiar with the call.

Clinton lost in Wisconsin, the first time since 1984 that the state favored the Republican candidate in a presidential election. Although the final result in Michigan has still not been tallied, it is leaning Republican, in a state that last favored the Republican nominee in 1988.

Comey sent a letter to Congress only days before the election announcing that he was reinstating an investigation into whether Clinton mishandled classified information when she used a private email server while secretary of state from 2009 to 2012.

Comey announced a week later that he had reviewed emails and continued to believe she should not be prosecuted, but the political damage was already done.

Clinton told donors that Trump was able to seize on both of Comey's announcements and use them to attack her, according to two participants on the call.

While the second letter cleared her of wrongdoing, Clinton said that it reinforced to Trump's supporters that the system was rigged in her favor and motivated them to mobilize on Election Day.

The memo prepared by Clinton's campaign, a copy of which was seen by Reuters, said voters who decided which candidate to support in the last week were more likely to support Trump than Clinton.

"In the end, late breaking developments in the race proved one hurdle too many for us to overcome," the memo concludes.

A spokesperson for the FBI could not immediately be reached for comment.

On the phone call, Dennis Chang, who served as Clinton's finance chair, said her campaign and the national party had raised more than $900 million from more than 3 million individual donors, according to the two participants who spoke to Reuters.

TRUMP: 'RESTRAINED' TWITTER PRESENCE

As Clinton gave her account to donors, Trump hunkered down at Trump Tower with members of the transition team announced on Friday and tasked with selecting the 15 Cabinet posts and thousands of political appointment jobs.

Kellyanne Conway, who served as his campaign manager, said on Saturday that the an announcement of a new chief of staff is "imminent." Two candidates whose names have surfaced as contenders for the top White House job are campaign CEO Steve Bannon and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus.

Trump will deliver a speech about his plans moving forward in the coming days and may undertake a national victory tour, Conway said, without providing further details. He will be sworn in on January 20.

The president-elect plans to keep his communication channels open. In an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" that will air on Sunday, Trump said he isn't ready to give up his Twitter account, where he routinely posted controversial statements during the campaign that unleashed harsh criticism.

"I'm going to be very restrained, if I use it at all, I'm going to be very restrained," Trump said.

(Reporting by Ginger Gibson in Washington and Luciana Lopez in New York; Editing by Leslie Adler and Mary Milliken)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
She said Trump would win the primary when it first started. Everyone laughed

Once he won the nomination she said he would win the election. Everyone laughed

Now everyone is crying in their cheerios because she was right

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Clinton Camp Explains Loss In Most Hilarious Way Possible

Now that it has been a couple of days since the American people chose Donald Trump to be the next president, angry and disappointed Democrats are emerging from their state of shock to assess the situation and figure out what went wrong for them.

However, judging by the reported content of a conference call Thursday between top aides and supporters of Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton, it would seem as though they haven’t moved past the stage of denial yet as they attempt to deal with their grief.

According to The Hill, there was a general consensus among participants in the conference call that Clinton’s loss was brought upon them by FBI Director James Comey and the media. Yes, the same media that were in the bag for Clinton the entire campaign.

Campaign chair John Podesta pointed the finger at Comey as the guy “who we think may have cost us the election,” certainly in reference to Comey’s announcement that the FBI had reopened its investigation of Clinton’s private email server scandal less than two weeks before the election, even though nothing came of that.

“We saw turnout down and didn’t do nearly as well as we thought. Something happened and it happened in a pretty steady way late in the race,” stated one unidentified aide.

Campaign communications director Jennifer Palmieri added, in reference to Comey’s announcement, “That last week, it was just one too many things.”

But quite laughably the liberal media also received quite a bit of the blame for Clinton’s “devastating” loss, leading one to surmise that Clinton’s crew was watching different campaign coverage from the rest of the American people.

“The media always covered her as the person who would be president and therefore tried to eviscerate her before the election, but covered Trump who was someone who was entertaining and sort of gave him a pass,” proclaimed Podesta. “We need to reflect and analyze that and put our voices forward.”

Again, we must interrupt to ask what election coverage they were they watching, as we saw a thoroughly corrupt Clinton get numerous passes from the media while virtually every word and action by Trump was dissected and cross-examined for days on end.

Podesta argued that the media had drawn a “false moral equivalency” between what he believed were major disqualifying transgressions by Trump versus minor little nothings by Clinton that had been blown out of proportion, such as her email scandal or pay-to-play allegations at the Clinton Foundation.

“We need to be mindful of the fact that they’re going to continue, they won’t quit, they’re going to continue to throw mud,” he added with regard to the media, and urged Clinton supporters to “defend her and her legacy and the kind of person she is.”

Throughout the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, Clinton’s surrogates continued to look for answers as to why they had failed so miserably in their task.

“Thirty-six hours after the most devastating loss in the history of American politics, we’re looking at a white board right now with lots of ideas,” Palmieri explained. “We’re sort of figuring out what we need to do this week, and what we need Democrats to do in the next two months ahead of the inaugural.”

“I don’t have a real answer except to say we have ideas about what works, needs to be done, and hope there are people in a position to do that,” she added. “We’re trying to figure it out.”

This is, in a word, laughable. Hillary Clinton lost because Hillary Clinton was a horribly flawed candidate, a terrifically terrible campaigner and an all-around untrustworthy individual who had no worthwhile ideas and only represented a continuation of the failing status quo, which was rejected along with Clinton.

The liberal media most certainly were not to blame for her defeat — at least not in the sense Podesta meant — as they went far out of their way to clear the path for her coronation.

If the media do bear any blame, it is that their decidedly biased, relentlessly arrogant and utterly over-the-top negative coverage of Trump’s each and every breath while ignoring the mountain of scandal surrounding Clinton backfired on them in a big way and inspired voters to back Trump in spite of the odds.

Clinton Camp Explains Loss In Most Hilarious Way Possible

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Clinton Campaign Blames “Most Devastating Loss in the History of American Politics” on Media for being Pro-Trump

In a completely and utterly amazing statement, Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman John Podesta told supporters on Thursday that Clinton's loss was "the most devastating loss in the history of American politics."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The issue is not James Comey. Comey wasn't planning on doing anything to Clinton in the first place. He already had the goods on her and chose purposefully not to recommend that she brought up on charges, and there's millions of reasons why. If anything, Podesta and company should thank James Comey as he did nothing more than put in the minds of many people the idea that Clinton was innocent of any wrong doing simply because there was no real attempt to prosecute her.

As for the claims about the media, I hope everyone gets a good laugh at that one as Clinton actually garnered more votes from people than did Trump. Thank God the founders had enough sense about them to install the Electoral College so that we might not be ruled as a democracy, but as a Republic.

Clinton Campaign Blames “Most Devastating Loss in the History of American Politics” on Media for being Pro-Trump - Freedom Outpost

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really want to see Ann Coulters titties

eh, i used to wanna fuck her until I seen what she looks like out from behind a fox news set desk.

She looks like slender man with a decent rack.

No thanks.

I'd hit her all day, every day. And she has that crazy look like she's not being taken care of which is an added appeal. If I was 20 plus years younger, I'd own her........

Top Bottom