Reaction score
The Good Dinosaur

This movie was pure shit. I mean, it was bad. Way too dark, way too many "scary" characters/scenes. I took my kids (boys 8 & 6, girl 4) to see it. Boys said it was okay. My poor daughter crawled on my lap and was petrified most of the movie. Definitely wasn't a "fun" movie for kids. Wasnt very funny. And the movie/story itself was kind of shit.

Dinosaur farmers. A critter keeps eating their crops. Dad assigns scardy cat son to catch and kill the critter. He catches it, but is scared to kill the critter which turns out to be a little boy. Dad gets pissed that the kid got away so dad and scared son dino chase after him. They get caught in a storm and the dad falls in the river and dies. Scared son later sees boy back and chases him, gets lost far away from home, and they befriend each other as they journey back home. But they run into all these fairly frightening characters along the way.

Just a lot of dark scenes for a kids movie. Probably one of the worst kids movies I've seen in a long time.

Reaction score
The Wannabe

True story about a delusional guy who wants to be a mobster and tried to fix the Gotti trial. Kind of long. Great cast but not as good a movie as I hoped it'd be going in. I'd give it a 5 out of 10.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Saw Concusion and the revenant online

good quality

Concusion was pretty good
The revenant was long and boring

Reaction score
Easily the best show on TV IMO. Thought last season was greatness but this season is quickly putting that in the rearview mirror.

Agree. Haven't seen first season but started watching season 2 on demand. Awesome show.

Edit: is the first season at all related to this season?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes... the second season is some 30 years before the first season. Solverson's daughter, Molly, is the main law enforcement character. And there's a lot more.

Almost thinking a rewatch of the first season will be worthwhile for me given all the allusions to it in the second season.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
The Revenant 8/10.

Good movie and true cinema. Refreshing to watch how a movie should be made in the age of regurgitated CGI superhero transformer BS.

It's a long movie and drags on about 20 mins to long in the middle telling his story of survival but otherwise a solid movie that was worth the hype to me.

Thought Dicaprio was great (shooting this film must have been hell due to the enviorments)but as far as Oscar hype he has had better oscar worthy roles IMO.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Batman vs Superman. What an absolute mess. A horribly bad movie with no plot, no pacing, no character development. It just seemed like these people just put together this piece of shit movie, lived off the name(s), took people's money and couldn't give two shits.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do not agree at all.

It wasn't the Avengers but IMO was a very solid origin movie.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Batman vs Superman. What an absolute mess. A horribly bad movie with no plot, no pacing, no character development. It just seemed like these people just put together this piece of shit movie, lived off the name(s), took people's money and couldn't give two shits.
CGI has made it so visuals drive these movies - they come up with "hey let's blow up Gotham" and then write the plot, to those visuals. These movies are just video games anymore - video games sans interactive play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I didn't think it was awful but it definitely wasn't as good as it could have been. They could have went in depth more for sure.

DC cant compete with MARVEL right now at all.

Reaction score
Batman vs. Superman Was going to be bad because Ben Asslack was cast in one of the lead roles despite the protests by the vast majority of DC fans. Most people can't stand the ass hat myself included. I wont watch films with him in it because he is such a douche bag.

Reaction score
X Files 2016 starts Sunday night.

I am a huge fan of the original X-Files, but was let down by the new series. The writing stunk, it was leftist biased unlike the originals, and Duchovny mailed in his performances. I got the impression that he was still burned out on the Mulder role, but needed the money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the original X-Files, but was let down by the new series. The writing stunk, it was leftist biased unlike the originals, and Duchovny mailed in his performances. I got the impression that he was still burned out on the Mulder role, but needed the money.

Yep, agree 100%

Top Bottom