Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well, I know America was better off. Didn't watch, but idk the answer to that question. Double edged sword of sorts. I guess one can argue that America toppling foreign leaders has allowed terrorist organizations to step in in those areas of the Middle East, or turned Iran into an unintended consequence.

The cheapest/smartest thing we could have done was stop ALL immigration and focus on keeping that(9-11)kind of shit from happening again.

Hindsight is 20/20 though.

At the time, like a majority of people, I wanted to see us kill them back, but it's lead to a crippling of our economy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's just more of the same old blame America first narrative, "if we just weeb dem awone they would wuv us again." And more blame shifting, they're only terrorists because they're poor and downtrodden. Picked on.

Forget that there was NO Islamic terrorism before the state of Israel was established by the UN right after WW2. That's the entire beef, the existence of Jews and particularly a Jewish state right in the heart of the "holy land" claimed by both.

This blame America narrative is really stupid. It could also reasonably be called a "recruiting tool." Because it must be incredibly frustrating as an Islamic terrorist not to have your views and motives taken seriously by the societies you terrorize, even after you have explicitly and repeatedly stated them. Even worse, those on the regressive left in their endless capacity for masochism and self-loathing have attempted to shift blame inwardly on themselves - and by extension America itself - denying the terrorists even the satisfaction of claiming responsibility.

It's like a bad Monty Python sketch:

"We did this because our holy texts exhort us to to do it."

"No you didn't."

"Wait, what? Yes we did..."

"No, this has nothing to do with religion. You guys are just using religion as a front for social and geopolitical reasons."

"WHAT!? Did you even read our official statement? We give explicit Quranic justification. This is jihad, a holy crusade against pagans, blasphemers, and disbelievers."

"No, this is definitely not a Muslim thing. You guys are not true Muslims, and you defame a great religion by saying so."

"Huh!? Who are you to tell us we're not true Muslims!? Islam is literally at the core of everything we do, and we have implemented the truest most literal and honest interpretation of its founding texts. It is our very reason for being."

"Nope. We created you. We installed a social and economic system that alienates and disenfranchises you, and that's why you did this. We're sorry."

"What? Why are you apologizing? We just slaughtered you mercilessly in the streets. We targeted unwitting civilians - disenfranchisement doesn't even enter into it!"

"Listen, it's our fault. We don't blame you for feeling unwelcome and lashing out."

"Seriously, stop taking credit for this! We worked really hard to pull this off, and we're not going to let you take it away from us."

"No, we nourished your extremism. We accept full blame."

"OMG, how many people do we have to kill around here to finally get our message across?"

We are committed by treaty and by our word, our oath, to protect Israel. We are also bound to protect our own interests in the world. The Islamic world backed the wrong pony in WW2 by helping Hitler and the establishment of the state of Israel is the result. Your side lost the war.

No matter what any of the Mullahs, Imams, dictators or terrorists say, the existence of Jews as a whole and the state of Israel in particular IS their entire beef. So when you start to try to appease them, even if you go so far as to let them destroy Israel and occupy it, they won't be satisfied. They will continue to try to hunt down and eradicate all Jews once and for all no matter where they flee - especially when they flee here.

Fight them there, or here on our home soil is the choice. I much prefer there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All I got from your post is that you didn't watch the video.
Except, I did. It's more of the same "blame America" crap. We made the terror situation worse by taking out the dictators who were beholden to the Mullahs and the Imams and were eradicating the Kurds. So instead of state sponsored eradication, we now have guerella terrorism more pronounced. But Cruz and his ilk pretend it didn't exist before 2003.
I blame the Neocons in this country that pander to Israel
LOL Love that word. People who use it seldom know what it is.

But more to the point - we have no choice but to back Israel and continue to do so. We are obligated.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I assume he means the Gaddaffi after Reagan bombed his butt into a bunker, because the Gaddaffi before that was blowing up airplanes and places where Americans would hang out.

I am a supporter of the Cheney doctrine. I don't want to get into war after war but if there is a 1/10 of 1% chance that a terrorist sponsoring nation gets their hand of weapons of mass destruction we need to act to make sure they do not get a chance to supply those WMDs to terrorists who would attack the US or US interests. The problem with the wars we get into is we do not finish them and get out. We should have gone into Iraq and once we verified there were no WMDs we should have left. Let the UN pick up the pieces. Isn't that why we give them so much money every year.?

Top Bottom