NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Didn't play well for Zimmer and Vikes last yr. No picks last yr and only 1 the prior yr in Cinci. Career high for picks in a season is 3 (twice) and passes defensed (10, once). Is definitely not known for speed.

He fits right in then

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So D Law turned down $120 mils over 6 years?

Fuck him, I’m over it now. Trade his ass and get whatever we can for him.

He wants Donald and Mack type money. Fuck that. I know his stats for the last couple years are similar. But Donald and Mack are game changers and always have been. D Law is not.

I think the offer Dallas made was more than fair especially considering his injury history and drug suspensions. Not to mention he still needs surgery this year and will miss a good portion of this season now because he has waited to get the surgery until after the contract is finalized.

If he doesn’t want to accept their deal then it’s time to move on!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Lawrence keeps getting hurt, keeps needing surgery, and is fucking the Cowboys over on his trade value by putting off the current shoulder surgery. Franchise him, if he doesnt like it he can rot.

Cortlan

Spectator
Reaction score
Yep. It’s time to be realistic and forecast if his presence is really worth the big bucks. A big salary should not be indicative of past performances, let’s talk about what he can do for us in the coming seasons. I see the validation of paying someone like Mack (as previously mentioned) — the kid is a stud and has plenty more to come. I don’t see that value leveling out with D Law. Appreciate what he has done but we aren’t trying to build around him.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Didn't play well for Zimmer and Vikes last yr. No picks last yr and only 1 the prior yr in Cinci. Career high for picks in a season is 3 (twice) and passes defensed (10, once). Is definitely not known for speed.

We didn't want this guy last year so not sure what changed
Pretty underwhelming signing though an upgrade over Heath (but at this point what isn't!!)

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We didn't want this guy last year so not sure what changed
Pretty underwhelming signing though an upgrade over Heath (but at this point what isn't!!)
False sense of security going into the draft by saying we are not desperate at this position. Doubt he makes anybody forget safety needs to be addressed.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So D Law turned down $120 mils over 6 years?

Fuck him, I’m over it now. Trade his ass and get whatever we can for him.

He wants Donald and Mack type money. Fuck that. I know his stats for the last couple years are similar. But Donald and Mack are game changers and always have been. D Law is not.

I think the offer Dallas made was more than fair especially considering his injury history and drug suspensions. Not to mention he still needs surgery this year and will miss a good portion of this season now because he has waited to get the surgery until after the contract is finalized.

If he doesn’t want to accept their deal then it’s time to move on!

That was actually his original demand ($20/per) but the team offered $17/per. Apparently he felt disrespected and when the team increased its offer to meet his demands of $20/per he changed his mind and now wants $22.5/per. I would love it if they could resign him but honestly you have to explore all options. If a team is willing to give you a 1st and a 3rd in this year’s draft or a 2nd this year and 1st next year you have to consider it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He is not worth that kind of money with his drug suspension history and his injury history.

If he had a flawless history with his current stats then I’d consider it

But he has been injured often, he currently requires surgery and will miss a good portion of this upcoming season and he has missed games in the past due to suspension

They should have not fucked around and just offered him what it would have taken to sign him in the first place

Now his ego is injured and he’s asking for more than he is worth, he is allowing his agent to push for more and more money, and to top it all off, if he does finally sign with us he will then have his surgery and miss a good portion of this season. Whereas if we got this deal done fist thing he could have had his surgery already and be ready to go by the start of the season

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He is not worth that kind of money with his drug suspension history and his injury history.

If he had a flawless history with his current stats then I’d consider it

But he has been injured often, he currently requires surgery and will miss a good portion of this upcoming season and he has missed games in the past due to suspension

They should have not fucked around and just offered him what it would have taken to sign him in the first place

Now his ego is injured and he’s asking for more than he is worth, he is allowing his agent to push for more and more money, and to top it all off, if he does finally sign with us he will then have his surgery and miss a good portion of this season. Whereas if we got this deal done fist thing he could have had his surgery already and be ready to go by the start of the season

From my understanding if he had the surgery this week he wouldn’t be back until October.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
From my understanding if he had the surgery this week he wouldn’t be back until October.

Exactly

This deal should have been done a long time ago. They could have had it worked out as soon as last season ended.

Then he would have been back in time for a full preseason and been ready to go 100% for the start of the season

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That was actually his original demand ($20/per) but the team offered $17/per. Apparently he felt disrespected and when the team increased its offer to meet his demands of $20/per he changed his mind and now wants $22.5/per. I would love it if they could resign him but honestly you have to explore all options. If a team is willing to give you a 1st and a 3rd in this year’s draft or a 2nd this year and 1st next year you have to consider it.

fuck him, let him go elsewhere and spend the 20 million on several players, that's over 10% of the cap, no?

Top Bottom