nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Cowboys supposedly kicking the tires on Tevin Coleman.
[/QUOTE

If only to keep him away from the Egirls but would prefer Duke Johnson as a change of pace back to Zeke though not sure he has ever carried a substantial load as a primary back

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Antonio Brown officially traded to Raiders for reportedly a 3rd and 5th.

Zoners going ape shit about it, how Raiders fleeced us.

Never mind Brown is something like 6 or 7 yrs older and has been the ultimate team cancer the past two yrs.
If he wants a break the bank deal, then I don't blame them for losing interest. We just have too many other guys we have to get signed long term to significant deals.
What I don't get is that you were willing to part with a 2nd round pick and you knew he was going to have contract demands so now you don't have to give up the pick and all you have to do is spend the money?
Sounds like a no brainer though agree that his price tag at $13-$15M per is steep especially for what we need to take care of in house
Plus there were a bunch of safeties available last year and we jumped at none of them so what were we waiting for...this moment so fingers crossed they find a compromise and ET is a Cowboy next year

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Rapapport saying cowboys still in on earl thomas, but jane slater says no, that the cowboys and thomas are too far apart on $

Then i saw another says Dallas, indy and wash are among teams interested in landon collins
From what I've heard Collins is going to want to get paid as well so would rather we work with Thomas to find some middle ground...I'd put my effort into ET rather than "settling" for a lower tier player that's close on the $

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Rapapport saying cowboys still in on earl thomas, but jane slater says no, that the cowboys and thomas are too far apart on $

Then i saw another says Dallas, indy and wash are among teams interested in landon collins

To me that sounds more like Earl and Collins’ agents using the Cowboys “interest” to drive up the price on their clients.

Honestly if the Cowboys are going spend that kind of money I would prefer the sign Justin Houston to play the SAM. They would have by far the best trio of LB’s in the NFL and the best depth at LB in the NFL. With LB’s like that you might even be able to trade DLaw (which I have been against). Then resign Byron Jones and draft a young pass rusher. Any young DE is likely going to benefit immensely playing in front of LVE/Jaylon/Houston.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Honestly he should feel disrespected. The team basically lied to him. Because of his back they franchised him and told him to go out and perform again and he did. He held up his end of the bargain. Now the team wants to balk. When he was franchised he didn’t balk. He acted like a professional and showed up and did his job. I’d be pissed too.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sean Lee signed his re-worked contract on Monday that will pay him up to $7 million in 2019 based on play-time incentives. Playing a 10th season for the Cowboys mattered to Lee. “By no means am I saying this is my last year, but a decade with this organization with the support from the Jones’ family, my coaches, teammates and people throughout the city that they’ve shown me during the tough times, it means a lot to me,” Lee, a second-round pick in 2010, told ESPN. “And it continues to motivate me to help us win a championship.”

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
AND DALLAS MAKES A HUGE FREE AGENT SPLASH !!!!!!

(more like a dipping their toe into the water)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Honestly he should feel disrespected. The team basically lied to him. Because of his back they franchised him and told him to go out and perform again and he did. He held up his end of the bargain. Now the team wants to balk. When he was franchised he didn’t balk. He acted like a professional and showed up and did his job. I’d be pissed too.

That’s pretty much where I’m at with his situation. He held up his end of the bargain, he did what the team asked, and he did it happily without complaining or causing a problem. Not only that but he appears to have stepped up and taken on a leadership role on defense. He’s doing everything you asked of him and more. Pay him what he’s worth and move on

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have no sympathy for DLaw, he'll be fine regardless of what happens in Dallas and as far as I'm concerned it's refreshing to see Dallas play hard ball and I hope they continue to do so. Not that anything they do other than having a funeral will allow them to overcome ownership

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hot Boyz dont just grow on trees so you gotta pay the man what he wants

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Redskins showing that they still give out some of the dumbest contracts imaginable to free agents with that Collins deal.

6yrs 84 mil is just ridiculously stupid money for a guy who stinks in space, has very limited man cover skills. Dude had a good yr in 2016 when a few bouncing balls landed in his hands, but the last two seasons the dude has been lost in coverage, had only two total picks and 10 TOTAL passes defensed. This guy has worse numbers than Jeff Heath the last two seasons. Yet stupid fuck Zoners are pissing their pants that we didn't go after this guy.

Fucking retards.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

This is some serious b/s dude. How do you know they haven't made legit long term deal offers to him? (Hint, they've made at least one since the end of the season, it made the news) Just because he hasn't signed one of them doesn't mean they weren't legit offers. Or are you suggesting they shouldn't have franchised him again, and took the chance that the best defensive player on the team could walk without us getting anything?

or maybe you were ok with the Cowboys just saying "now Demarcus, here's a blank check, you just fill in whatever numbers you feel you warrant, we're good"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its fucking laughable that Cowboy fans who spent 20+ yrs whining about mismanagement of the cap now whine like a fat fucking pig because they want to manage it properly.

Top Bottom